Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade'itis

HarassedOffTheSite

There's a steep price to make moves. Wr is not the most need. If we had a more dominant oline everything would trickle down much better. Gives Trent holes, gives Luck time, gets the ball to receivers. And we're not getting olinemen at a good deal.

There's a steep price to make moves. Wr is not the most need. If we had a more dominant oline everything would trickle down much better. Gives Trent holes, gives Luck time, gets the ball to receivers. And we're not getting olinemen at a good deal.

There has been several occasions where there is an opening for T-Rich to run through only for him to bury his head up an O-linemans B-hole for a 2.5 yard gain that should have been a 5+ yard gain

Guest TeamLoloJones

haha all the people who wailed and moaned that Bill Polian never made a trade are now going overboard in the opposite direction. Watch if we don't make a move today by the deadline how many folks are ready to string up Grigson.

Our own little French revolution.

Wouldn't the opposite direction be if Grigson made another trade and people said it was too much trading?

There has been several occasions where there is an opening for T-Rich to run through only for him to bury his head up an O-linemans B-hole for a 2.5 yard gain that should have been a 5+ yard gain

True, there has also been many occasions that Trent got hit in the backfield and still gained said 2.5 yards. I don't out all blame on the line. There's enough to spread around between the line, pep and Trent. Pep needs to be more creative than jut saying hey, here we come with power formation. Unless he's not looking for a big run but more of a manageable 2nd and 3rd down. Trent needs to get the holes and lines tendencies down. And the line needs to give him a hole.

True, there has also been many occasions that Trent got hit in the backfield and still gained said 2.5 yards. I don't out all blame on the line. There's enough to spread around between the line, pep and Trent. Pep needs to be more creative than jut saying hey, here we come with power formation. Unless he's not looking for a big run but more of a manageable 2nd and 3rd down. Trent needs to get the holes and lines tendencies down. And the line needs to give him a hole.

I am glad I am not feeling like the Lone Ranger without Tonto.  I love the power and energy T-Rich is running with.  When he is wrapped, however he needs to learn to go down.  Six guys vs. one?  Your gonna get stripped.

Brown with quick hitters...I am happy with them both. :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!

I am glad I am not feeling like the Lone Ranger without Tonto. I love the power and energy T-Rich is running with. When he is wrapped, however he needs to learn to go down. Six guys vs. one? Your gonna get stripped.

Brown with quick hitters...I am happy with them both. :coltslogo::coltslogo::coltslogo: !!!

Yes I agree. They are a good complement for each other. Trent is power and punishment. Given the call he can rip decent yards and a beast in the open field. Brown has a fast burst and uses it well. Next thing you know, HE GONE! Heh. Trent throws the body blows, Brown gets the nock out! Love it. People can't figure it out yet, lol. By people I mean a lot of our fans lol

haha all the people who wailed and moaned that Bill Polian never made a trade are now going overboard in the opposite direction. Watch if we don't make a move today by the deadline how many folks are ready to string up Grigson.

Well Grigson has conditioned us fans to expect blockbuster roster moves now, going bananas during the off season in FA & the unpredictable T-RIch trade... 

What are we to do as fans!!!

Polian made a few moves...but his teams didn't need massive overhauls to improve. Simply small tweeks. I think everyone forgets the fact Polian brought in Adam Vinitari which provided instant payoff in a SB win. He very well could have been the difference with his clutch kicking in those playoffs. As this team molds into shape I don't look for Grigson to make as many moves. We already are a playoff team and it will only take small tweeks again to make us SB contenders.

I agree. We have a GOOD interior line and anyone who can`t see that... We need to extend McGlynn & Satele, and that Rook is playing Pro-Bowl LG!

I agree. We have a GOOD interior line and anyone who can`t see that... We need to extend McGlynn & Satele, and that Rook is playing Pro-Bowl LG!

I never said the line was stellar, I mentioned that there are missed opportunities that T-Rich isn't taking advantage of because he currently lacks the field vision to find them.  

Polian made a few moves...but his teams didn't need massive overhauls to improve. Simply small tweeks. I think everyone forgets the fact Polian brought in Adam Vinitari which provided instant payoff in a SB win. He very well could have been the difference with his clutch kicking in those playoffs. As this team molds into shape I don't look for Grigson to make as many moves. We already are a playoff team and it will only take small tweeks again to make us SB contenders.

The Colts could've used a few defensive players during Polian's era & after the SB run when Tarik retired  & Jake Scott was allowed to leave via FA, the OLine fell apart...

Vinny was key in that win over Baltimore, Vinny & Bethea's TD saving int.

Booger was also a key addition, his presence & Bob's return turned the D into a run stopping machine...

The Colts could've used a few defensive players during Polian's era & after the SB run when Tarik retired  & Jake Scott was allowed to leave via FA, the OLine fell apart...

Vinny was key in that win over Baltimore, Vinny & Bethea's TD saving int.

Booger was also a key addition, his presence & Bob's return turned the D into a run stopping machine...

Oh no doubt...it wasn't perfect but because of the star heavy team pay scale (Manning, James, Harrison, Wayne, Freeney) we didn't have a lot of room to make a lot of moves. We had to make very good use of the draft and low end FA. The draft definaetly fell off in the last few years but the key mistakes were a few of our own guys we gave big contracts that didn't work out...namely Hayden and a couple of others. Eventually we will have enough stars on this team we will be constricted in what we can do. Unless we are very creative or get guys to come to our team for cheaper (NE in the late 2000s) we won't see quite as many moves by Grigson. 

Moderation in everything... Except_The_Colts_Fan_Forum.  :headspin:

I don't think its overboard to want a Receiver after our man Reggie went down. We do need a future #1 afterall..

True, but the wanting is easy. It's the getting that's sometimes hard and separates fans on a message board and GM's on the phone.  I'm sure Grigs wanted as well.  But he knows all of the other factors and the best solution not just short term, but with the vision of building the monster.

After the horrible trade for Richardson I'm glad Grigson didn't do anything else he'll live to regret.

I don't agree it was a horrible trade. I think perhaps we could have negotiated a better deal seeing as they have so many picks next year...like maybe a 3rd or 4th in there but overall trent is a quality first rd back. I'm not sure there are any top 10 pick backs ever again (unless the league changes) but no worse than a late pick were we will be.

As for not making a trade for a WR. Sometimes the best move...is no move. We get the opportunity to really see if any of our receivers can step up. Its hard to break out if you never get the chance to play. Well now they all have a shot. I look at someone like Terence Williams and if it wasn't for Austin's bad hammies he wouldn't get the chance to shine like he has. Now is the opportunity for guys on the team to step up. If they don't ....we make a move next year.

I don't quite get where a mid to late 20's pick equates to "giving up the farm"?

I agree...David Wilson was a late first rd pick....there can be plenty of value in the trade...its up to Trent. Or it may never work out...not like Trent should be any worse than Addai or Brown. He may or may not ever break out but if he allows us to run the offense we have designed and helps us win games...it will be worth it.

Every yard is hard in the nfl...and Trent grinds out for every one of them....and come playoff time...he is exactly the type of back you need to move the pile and move the sticks.

C'mon what? We found a top 5 Cornerback and got him with a 2nd round pick. I'd trust an NFL receiver more than some 2nd-4th round rookie receiver. I think we'll spend our first picks on oline than on dline/ilb anyways.

Yea in preseason not week 9, two totally different things

Not in terms of future impact on the team. I don't mind if the receiver has trouble learning the playbook all the rest of the year(We all know we're giving Trent the whole year to learn it and not complain), it's his future value that I'm looking at.

Wait til the draft and draft one if that's the case and get a young 22/23yr old WR that you can get one a 4yr rookie contract, and Reggie would be back by then

Agreed. If we were going to trade away a 1st rounder then a quality lineman would have been nice--not that any would have been available. But you're right that it starts with the line. To me it was foolish to trade for a running back when the line is clearly a bigger need, especially with the loss of Donald Thomas.

Post up weekly firing plans! GOGOGOGO

That's right, fire the entire FO for not making any waves on trade deadline day!!!

& while you are at it fire Pepe twice for not getting the offense to score any during the bye week...

Heck, even Peyton will figure a way to throw at least 300 yards & 2 TD's during his bye week...