Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 person I could see us trade for

GoColtsGo5150

Is Stephen Hill. Here's why:

1. He's only in his 2nd year, so he will be a long term investment but he still fills the win now mode.

2. His contract isn't huge, his cap hit will be 1 million in comparison to Larry Fitzgerald's huge contract or Nicks or Gordon's contracts which will cause to go over the cap. Also he will have a few more years in his contract unlike Kenny Britt or Nicks, so we can worry about him later.

3.He is a big WR who can be a deep threat, but potentially be a good blocker in the run game

4. Rex Ryan has even said that Hill wasn't his pick in last years draft and with the old GM gone ( the one who drafted him), Idzic ( like Lombardi in Cleveland) may not feel Hill fits the system.

Just adding options to the debates. Any thoughts?

@HolderStephen: Just to reinforce, don't expect #Colts to make WR move at today's trade deadline. Pagano: "We decided to stand pat." Not happening

That's stupid im not sold on Brazill at all Whalen might be good but we don't know so why are they holding back to make a move that can make this team a superbowl contender even without Wayne.

That's stupid im not sold on Brazill at all Whalen might be good but we don't know so why are they holding back to make a move that can make this team a superbowl contender even without Wayne.

You do realize whoever we trade for wouldn't learn the playbook or build chemistry with Andrew Luck until possibly the playoffs right?

Da'Rick Rogers has been here awhile and he still doesn't know the playbook. So why would we bring in someone only to hinder us? Even Trent Richardson is still learning the playbook and building chemistry

Only way to be sold on a player is to let them play and give him an oppurtunity

With Tennessee saying they'll take a low late round pick for Britt, part of me is intrigued enough to say go for it. The other part says no. I think Britt's problem is playing for Tennessee. I don't think he wants to be there and I think that's a big part of his issues. Not saying we should go for it but it wouldn't shock me if we did. He's cheap, young but with issues...

If That's true than j see no reason not to take Britt. A late pick wouod probably be cut or practice cut fodder. Britte could be disciplined and put to work.

NFL.com

"Added NFL Media columnist Michael Silver, "If you have a 12-pack of Coke and athletic tape, you can have Kenny Britt. Nobody wants him.""

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000271599/article/kenny-britt-being-shopped-hard-by-tennessee-titans

We ain't building rockets here. Not too hard to figure so try to follow along.

In no particular order...

1) They have no cap room

2) They have to save what cap room they do have for ijnury replacements

3) They have no commodities to trade with.

4) Acclimating a new guy at this late date who won't truly be ready until December makes the option of a player familiar with the sytem much more attactive.

I guess that is just the thing.  The coaches already believe we are a Super Bowl contending team as we are or they would have made something work.  Apparently, any deal to get (your desired)  #1 receiver would likely hurt the team overall more than the help that #1 brings in, so they decide to stick with what we already drafted/signed.

Plenty of reasoning has already been put forth on this here, and in other threads.

We ain't building rockets here. Not too hard to figure so try to follow along.

In no particular order...

1) They have no cap room

2) They have to save what cap room they do have for ijnury replacements

3) They have no commodities to trade with.

4) Acclimating a new guy at this late date who won't truly be ready until December makes the option of a player familiar with the sytem much more attactive.

Yeah, if we were talking about picking up a lineman or such, I could see it, but WR requires you to know a lot of routes, a lot of timing, that doesn't happen overnight. Look at TRich for example, i think a vast majority of his struggles is timing and playblook unfamilarity

That means absolutely nothing.

The only thing that means something is the 4 PM deadline.

If there was/is an offer that Grigson could not refuse?  Irsay may get the 'itch' as the deadline nears.  May not happen...then it still can....until the 'twilight hour.'  :)  Is it Halloween yet?

How does what the head coach says mean "nothing"?

Because there is still time between now and 4 p.m.. Coaches have been known to put up smokescreens. If they have an opportunity for something they will take it. He keeps harping on the devastating loss of Reggie, I cannot buy into the fact that he truly believes we are okay standing pat with what we have.

Because there is still time between now and 4 p.m.. Coaches have been known to put up smokescreens. If they have an opportunity for something they will take it. He keeps harping on the devastating loss of Reggie, I cannot buy into the fact that he truly believes we are okay standing pat with what we have.

Hmm, okay. Well, see you at 4pm est then

To each his own I guess. But I'm sure if Pagano said there's nothing going on, it's not. He was completely broken up about Reggie Wayne going down. So if something was happening, I don't think he'd hide it

My only thought to the contrary is the trade could very much be in its infancy or I'm probably wrong. I'm just not confident in what we have at the moment.

My only thought to the contrary is the trade could very much be in its infancy or I'm probably wrong. I'm just not confident in what we have at the moment.

Well since alot of people believe a trade will happen, I'll throw out my trade opinion.

I believe we trade for Josh Boyce. There, now I wait until 4pm est haha

NFL.com

"Added NFL Media columnist Michael Silver, "If you have a 12-pack of Coke and athletic tape, you can have Kenny Britt. Nobody wants him.""

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000271599/article/kenny-britt-being-shopped-hard-by-tennessee-titans

because he's a boarder line bust that has a hard time staying healthy and is a cancer in the locker room there is a reason the Titans are willing to pretty much just give him away.

We ain't building rockets here. Not too hard to figure so try to follow along.In no particular order...1) They have no cap room2) They have to save what cap room they do have for ijnury replacements3) They have no commodities to trade with.4) Acclimating a new guy at this late date who won't truly be ready until December makes the option of a player familiar with the sytem much more attactive.

So you're saying there's a possibility that we can get Fitzgerald, right?

With Tennessee saying they'll take a low late round pick for Britt, part of me is intrigued enough to say go for it. The other part says no. I think Britt's problem is playing for Tennessee. I don't think he wants to be there and I think that's a big part of his issues. Not saying we should go for it but it wouldn't shock me if we did. He's cheap, young but with issues...

Don't we have something similar in DaRick?  Big physical guy with character issues? why waste the coke and athletic tape?

You do realize whoever we trade for wouldn't learn the playbook or build chemistry with Andrew Luck until possibly the playoffs right?

Da'Rick Rogers has been here awhile and he still doesn't know the playbook. So why would we bring in someone only to hinder us? Even Trent Richardson is still learning the playbook and building chemistry

Doesn't matter none of the guys we have don't get me wrong I think they will all have good careers but none of them is Waynes replacement not now while he is injured or when he retires.