Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Golden Tate.......

Warhorse

it was on Jenkins. Now that guy is a punk

^This

Tate has never really been a cocky player like that.  Janoris Jenkins seems to get under a lot of WRs skin.  I am sure he was jawing at Tate all game and then got burnt, bad.  Tate was pumped.

My shrewd fantasy move of adding Tate on friday single handedly won me my fantasy matchup this week. So I'll only give him a half facepalm.

I was nursing a 20 pt. lead going against an opponent with Golden Tate. I scored 134 and change, he ended up scoring 136 and change. Brutal, brutal, loss for me!!! The thing is, even if Janoris Jenkins tackles his behind after the reception, I would have won and this might be Tate's only 20 pointer ever. Man, early in the season, Antonio Brown overcame a 15 pt. lead for me vs the Bears in his only 3 TD game to beat me. You run into these and think, FF is pure luck. Sometimes, it works for you and sometimes, it hurts.

Every other team in the league did not score more than 118 in this 10 team league. I had to play this guy with ARodgers, Megatron and I thought I had dealt with both of them with Jordy Nelson and Stafford offsetting them. I just could not overcome Tate by a whisker. I could not fathom I lost, still hurting. :(

^This

Tate has never really been a cocky player like that.  Janoris Jenkins seems to get under a lot of WRs skin.  I am sure he was jawing at Tate all game and then got burnt, bad.  Tate was pumped.

That is part of the job of the DB.  Cortland Finnegan is the same way.  My thing is; act like you have been there before, if you wanna celebrate that's fine but the whole waving thing was a punk move.  You already embarrassed the DB by catching the ball.  The safety was the one he was waving at, not Jenkins.

Some of us fans are way too pc in a non pc world.

I really didn't think it was that bad. In fact, I didn't really think it was bad at all. I thought it was fine.

I could crash this server uploading so many vids of guys dropping the ball, tripping and falling and/or screwing up when trying to apply so much mustard to their hot dog. 

It's a dumb idea to show off before the score is made. Do your job.....and THEN do your little dance. 

I could crash this server uploading so many vids of guys dropping the ball, tripping and falling and/or screwing up when trying to apply so much mustard to their hot dog. 

It's a dumb idea to show off before the score is made. Do your job.....and THEN do your little dance. 

Yeah, that's a fair point. 

I think most people are referring to the taunt itself though. I still think there would be the same reaction to it even if it was after the TD had been scored.

Can't wait to see Seattle choke in the playoffs. Probably the biggest pretenders in the entire NFC. Everyone knows Pete Carroll is the death of this team. On the road they look like an average team.

That's a bit harsh, as well as off topic. Pete Carroll took a team that was in the dumps and has done a good job of turning them around and helping them be competitive. You may dislike them, but don't minimize his contribution. If and when they crash and burn and he ceases to be an effective leader, then slam him.

That's a bit harsh, as well as off topic. Pete Carroll took a team that was in the dumps and has done a good job of turning them around and helping them be competitive. You may dislike them, but don't minimize his contribution. If and when they crash and burn and he ceases to be an effective leader, then slam him.

I don't care how good he has made them. He is easily the death of that team, take the Atlanta game in the playoffs for instance. That is what to expect from the man. He is no Harbaugh whatsoever at leading this team.

The thing I love about the Colts is we have some class, compared to teams like Seattle or players like Dez Bryant or Tom Brady. Whenever Luck or Peyton ever missed a throw or one was dropped they simply walk off the field compared to Q.B's like Tom Brady to throws hissy fits. Seattle has had a year their management has dreamt of but their image is being ruined by players like Golden Tate, and Richard Sherman (who was rated the leagues worst trash talker). Some call it passion, I call it poor sportmanship, passion is shown on the effort during the play, not after it with gloating or celebrations.

THANK YOU COLTS FOR TAKING THEIR UNDEFEATED SEASON AWAY!

The thing I love about the Colts is we have some class, compared to teams like Seattle or players like Dez Bryant or Tom Brady. Whenever Luck or Peyton ever missed a throw or one was dropped they simply walk off the field compared to Q.B's like Tom Brady to throws hissy fits. Seattle has had a year their management has dreamt of but their image is being ruined by players like Golden Tate, and Richard Sherman (who was rated the leagues worst trash talker). Some call it passion, I call it poor sportmanship, passion is shown on the effort during the play, not after it with gloating or celebrations.

THANK YOU COLTS FOR TAKING THEIR UNDEFEATED SEASON AWAY!

I have to disagree, I know its wrong to bash the living legend, but I saw Manning throw "hissy fits" as well.  I know I certainly remember the "Manning face" a time or two.  Brady for the most part is pretty low key compared to most.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching Brady and the patriots lose but Brady for all his GQ ads and UGG ads is pretty low key on the field.

I have to disagree, I know its wrong to bash the living legend, but I saw Manning throw "hissy fits" as well.  I know I certainly remember the "Manning face" a time or two.  Brady for the most part is pretty low key compared to most.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching Brady and the patriots lose but Brady for all his GQ ads and UGG ads is pretty low key on the field.

I'm sure he has had his times where he lost his composure, maybe on an extremely important down, but very rarely has he ever. Tom Brady on the other hand threw the biggest hissy fit I've seen a Q.B do, on the FIRST game of the season (so wasn't like the season itself was riding on the game) and he SNAPPED when one of his ROOKIE recievers dropped a pass. Get real Brady, they're rookies playing their first NFL game don't call them out like that, that's a disgusting move. And I'm not the only one to acknowledge this because on 'SportsNation" they spoke about Dez Bryant and him snapping out and how everybody didn't like it, and how it was SO wrong for him to do that, and an announcer said, "then why is it okay for Brady to do that?"  He is far from low key.

It seems to me that the higher the player's skill level, the higher the tolerance for their actions which is wrong.

Yes that is what I'm sayin.... not sure what you're arguign about if at all lol. (btw wasn't your name like Anton Mcdonald before?)

That is the opposite of what you said but maybe not what you meant. Anyway, I personally hate political correctness.

I had my name changed by deed poll to make it easier to read on this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care how good he has made them. He is easily the death of that team, take the Atlanta game in the playoffs for instance. That is what to expect from the man. He is no Harbaugh whatsoever at leading this team. 

Pete Carroll took over a 4-12 team.  Drafted better than anyone over the last few years and somehow grabbed up star free agents at some bargain basement prices.  Basically retooled the entire team and made them into one of the best.  I think he has a pretty good handle on the NFL coaching profession.  He revived that team.

And that is one rerason you could never be an NFL coach. You don't bench your biggest playmaker for one dumb act which did no harm.

Oh well, %, I guess you'll beat me out for the next open head coaching position, huh?

That's a problem with coaches, unequal punishment, if that wasn't their "best playmaker" he probably would have benched for an extended period.

By the way, welcome to the party, this topic is nearly 2 weeks old.