Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***OFFICIAL RG3 EXCUSES THREAD***

jvan1973

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It got of coarse by the Bob supporter. All she had to do is explain why Swiss cheese ate Bobby for lunch yesterday

Oh no way bobby is way better then luck lucks not even half the QB luck is Sony you know bob dominated luck last season

^sarcasm I'm bout done with all this rg excuses nonsense

Another poster brought Brady in and I was responding. That is the post you responded to and took out of context. I will always defend my QB up here especially when someone chooses to only focus on half the game.

If you really want to bring Brady into this then we have to go back to last year as that is what we are comparing between RG and Luck in terms of the better QB. If we bring last year in then Brady slams both of them.

But again, for the last time, I am comparing Luck and RG. We have last season and half a season this year. RG crushed Luck last year and this year Luck is on top.

I have watched quite a few of the Colts games this year and I see an offense that runs a ton, a GM that spent a number one on a RB who was the overall number 3 pick from last year and a defense that is playing great ball. If you see that as taking away from Luck but so be it. But they are winning because they are playing great team football. Luck is doing his share but his run game and D are doing more IMO. You can disagree but his stats bear that out this season. They are asking him to do less which is a good thing in the long run. When they asked him to carry the team last year you got 23 TOs and a ton of hits. Not a good formular for winning or keeping your QB healthy.

In terms of RG, his team is horrific all around. He has not been playing well and yet they are in the thick of things in the putrid NFC East. I think he could win the division. Does his game have shortcomings? For sure. He is not proficient at progression based reading, his clock in his head is not going off at the right time and he is getting hit way too much. Will his body hold up? I have my doubts. I think Luck has his issues too like bounce passes one of which got Wayne on IR. He makes bad decisions at times. He can be streaky but he can be clutch too. It is always a mixed bag with the QB position because it relies so much on all 11 guys being on the same page. Luck has the much better team this year so I would expect him to be more successful but that is hardly a reason to proclaim him better than Rg just like Rgs superb season last year was not a reason to proclaim him better than Luck.

It's OK that Luck had a terrible team around him last year and he won 11 games. Now RG111 has a terrible team around him and it's geez .. yeah but .. well .. I still think "He" can win the division. How utterly ridiculous you sound. So if Luck goes 12-4 and RG111 goes 7-9 , they are pretty much equal because both guys (teams) won their division. You really are making a donkey out of yourself . I can't believe you don't just stop responding to this and hope it goes away.

It's OK that Luck had a terrible team around him last year and he won 11 games. Now RG111 has a terrible team around him and it's geez .. yeah but .. well .. I still think "He" can win the division. How utterly ridiculous you sound. So if Luck goes 12-4 and RG111 goes 7-9 , they are pretty much equal because both guys (teams) won their division. You really are making a donkey out of yourself . I can't believe you don't just stop responding to this and hope it goes away.

She actually does this a lot lol it cracks me up

Their teams were similar last year. Both below average for sure. I think Colts were 21 in defense and the Skins were 22. This year it is not even close. Colts had the better off-season and better coaching too thus far. I think Luck will have the better year this year but we are only half way through. Like I said, two years does not prove anything. I don't think RG was the better QB just based on last year. It needs some time.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Their teams were similar last year. Both below average for sure. I think Colts were 21 in defense and the Skins were 22. This year it is not even close. Colts had the better off-season and better coaching too thus far. I think Luck will have the better year this year but we are only half way through. Like I said, two years does not prove anything. I don't think RG was the better QB just based on last year. It needs some time.

I think Luck is better than Brady right now...yeah and I mean it...deal with it.

No they weren't that similar. The Redskins had a very good offensive line and the Colts had the worst in football. The Redskins had a great running game and the Colts did not. We were often behind by a whole bunch and Luck threw 40- 50 times , that alone will give you some extra ints.

Furthermore ...

RG111 played in a college system designed to make up for his lack of reading defense abilities. It also put him out in space where his bad pocket presence would not be exposed. Most of this resulted in safe one read throws that don't lead to ints. Now the defenses have learned how to defend the read option and he's being asked to do things that he didn't have to do last year. If you get pressure up the middle on this guy , you have a MAJOR catastrophe. He'll be seeing pocket ghosts the rest of the game and will pretty much implode. He needs to be taught how to read defenses and I believe you do that by "biting the bullet " and designing an offense that does not try to cover up his weakness ... as Shanahan has done. It's always been a let's win now attitude and the heck with RG111's development . Besides that , the guy is going to get killed as this style of offense is resuting in massive bad hits on him.

Luck on the other hand was asked to run a downfield Arians offense that was almost impossible to do with that horrific offensive line.No rookie should have ever been asked to do what was put on Luck's shudders. Yes he made some bad decisions and he still does and he always will. Just like Tom Brady and every other QB in the NFL. It appears to me and the rest of the footbal world that he makes less all the time and his "learning curve " is off the charts. Anyway.. you have to put at least some of those ints on Arians

I always like to back up my premises with a stat if possible. 

Last year Carson Palmer with a bad Oakland team        565 pass attempts  14 ints.

This year Carson Palmer with a so so Arizona Cardinal team   284 pass attempts  14 ints.

I know you have to have the last word but you are being so badly dominated . You are looking more silly by the post.

She actually does this a lot lol it cracks me up

It's like the kid that will keep fighting no matter how often and how bad the beatings are. I can't help but like her as you pretty much can call her any name in the book , insult her ... and whatever else. She will never hit the report button and will take all you can dish out.

It's like the kid that will keep fighting no matter how often and how bad the beatings are. I can't help but like her as you pretty much can call her any name in the book , insult her ... and whatever else. She will never hit the report button and will take all you can dish out.

I just love when the fans of other teams come here and try to prove their point and fail horribly lol

No they weren't that similar. The Redskins had a very good offensive line and the Colts had the worst in football. The Redskins had a great running game and the Colts did not. We were often behind by a whole bunch and Luck threw 40- 50 times , that alone will give you some extra ints.

Furthermore ...

RG111 played in a college system designed to make up for his lack of reading defense abilities. It also put him out in space where his bad pocket presence would not be exposed. Most of this resulted in safe one read throws that don't lead to ints. Now the defenses have learned how to defend the read option and he's being asked to do things that he didn't have to do last year. If you get pressure up the middle on this guy , you have a MAJOR catastrophe. He'll be seeing pocket ghosts the rest of the game and will pretty much implode. He needs to be taught how to read defenses and I believe you do that by "biting the bullet " and designing an offense that does not try to cover up his weakness ... as Shanahan has done. It's always been a let's win now attitude and the heck with RG111's development . Besides that , the guy is going to get killed as this style of offense is resuting in massive bad hits on him.

Luck on the other hand was asked to run a downfield Arians offense that was almost impossible to do with that horrific offensive line.No rookie should have ever been asked to do what was put on Luck's shudders. Yes he made some bad decisions and he still does and he always will. Just like Tom Brady and every other QB in the NFL. It appears to me and the rest of the footbal world that he makes less all the time and his "learning curve " is off the charts. Anyway.. you have to put at least some of those ints on Arians

I always like to back up my premises with a stat if possible. 

Last year Carson Palmer with a bad Oakland team        565 pass attempts  14 ints.

This year Carson Palmer with a so so Arizona Cardinal team   284 pass attempts  14 ints.

I know you have to have the last word but you are being so badly dominated . You are looking more silly by the post.

I am not sure what you want to prove honestly. If you believe Luck is better so be it. My only point is that RG was the better QB last year and this year Luck is playing better. If you want to say RG had a better team last year, ok. Luck has the better team this year. Everything needs to play out this year first and the years to come to truly determine who is better.

His numbers are on par with Alex Smith.

Alex Smith: 10 TDs (9 passing 1 rushing), 4 INTs, 59.1 completion%, 6.3 YPA

Brady: 9 TDs, 6 INTs, 55.7 completion%, 5.9 YPA

Luck 13 TDs (10 passing 3 rushing), 3 INTs, 60.1 completion%, 7.0 YPA.

Not to mention Luck has almost 200 rushing yards. 

Uh oh.

Like I said on par with Smith and Smith is undefeated...

Nope. GO and read ANY of my posts concerning Richardson. I literally say SO FAR Richardson has been an average looking back imo. Not once have I used the term Bust, and multiple times I have stated that I will give give him as much times as he needs to prove me wrong. So OffensivelyPC, I've no idea who you're trying to follow here. If you're debating anything i've written, just go look at my posts on him :)

You are fooling nobody with that codswallop. I have pet hates, it's ok to be honest, rather than try and cover up your views.

You don't want to turn this into another Jim Irsay therapy session, do you? ;) I think this post would be considered baiting according to forum rules, no?

This proves why you are here. You are making yourself, and your Patriot cohorts look bad. Please put the internet(s) down... and walk away.

Not to mention Luck has almost 200 rushing yards

I do hope that you are mindful of rushing yards of a QB the next time you think about RGIII

Not meaning to jump on the rampage that is on you.  BUT lets put Brady to the side 

What is it that you are seeing that makes RG3's season last year better than Luck's?  (I'm trying to have an intellectual football conversation mind you so let us leave everyone else's posts out of this.)

As far as I'm seeing nothing you can say would realistically say he had the better season save that he won the RoTY award... which was well questionable to say the least since Russell Wilson clearly deserved it by far.  From my perspective:

1.Luck had an offense that didn't help him at all, on contrast RG3 had an offense tailored to help him "ease" into the NFL game.

2. Luck threw for record yardage and record late minute drives, RG3 had a fumbling problem.

3. RG3 ran a whole bunch of yards against -15 defenses. Luck has little response in this area except that he ran TD's in

4. Luck was hit a whole bunch more threw many more passes, but also had a lot of more INT.  RG3 was asked to do very little but run the ball and pass on first read...

5. Record alone favors Luck over RG3

6.  Last year the Texans were considered a more competitive team for the Super Bowl than any team in the NFC East.  Competition would thus slightly lean to Luck as the teams in the NFC East all were bad.  (I know Titans and Jags are terribad but one Super Bowl contender makes up for that I'd say wouldn't you?  I guess this is debatable.

This is without accounting instability at the coaching position last year for Luck and a Defense in the middle of a scheme transition.

time will tell how the RGIII and Luck scenario pans out and it will be fun to watch . . . Luck had to good fortune to land on a team that has had a winning pedigree and several division titles under its belt prior to his arrival.  the Washington Redskins have been in the NFL wasteland for essentially two decades . . .. so the team around RGIII is not as strong as luck's . . .

but as AMfootball mentioned lets give it some time, it is only a season and a half . . . I would take luck over RGIII in the draft, but does not mean that I am right, RGIII might end up surpassing Luck as there careers move forward. 

so far this year RGIII has not done well and really lay an egg when his team was up and he had a chance to help his team win against the strong broncos but could not get it done . . . .

This picture will be more clear as we move forward, we can revisit it at the 3 year mark and again at the 5 year mark and so on . . .  

EDIT sorry for small font not sure what happened . . .

time will tell how the RGIII and Luck scenario pans out and it will be fun to watch . . . Luck had to good fortune to land on a team that has had a winning pedigree and several division titles under its belt prior to his arrival.  the Washington Redskins have been in the NFL wasteland for essentially two decades . . .. so the team around RGIII is not as strong as luck's . . .

but as AMfootball mentioned lets give it some time, it is only a season and a half . . . I would take luck over RGIII in the draft, but does not mean that I am right, RGIII might end up surpassing Luck as there careers move forward. 

so far this year RGIII has not done well and really lay an egg when his team was up and he had a chance to help his team win against the strong broncos but could not get it done . . . .

This picture will be more clear as we move forward, we can revisit it at the 3 year mark and again at the 5 year mark and so on . . .  

EDIT sorry for small font not sure what happened . . .

I completely agree, but I think I'm more interested in the comments AMfootball has made about the present body of work.  From what I have seen, and mind you this is only my opinion, RG3 has immense talent, but his football intellect isn't up to the standard necessary to achieve QB Elite.  Luck while being carried (thankfully Indy figured it out and followed the Brady model :-) )  has shown to me that he has the know how to not make a mistake twice and throw NFL level throws coupled with knowing the good decisions from the bad. 

But on a final note agreed on lets let their careers play out to see it.  It will be fun to watch !

Why wouldn't I be? He bad passing and running this year.

I have not had a time to look at his stats too closely this year . . . but last year he has a lot of rushing yards . . . and a few rushing TDs from what I recall . . . and I think some people, and glad to see you are not one of them, do not understand that rushing yards are just as valuable as passing yards.  so if a QB contributes X yards to the offense, either through the air or by his feet, to me its the same . . . i think sometimes what got lost in the shuffle, and I am glad to see that you understand this . . . a lot of people when reviewing RGIII last year do not include his rushing yards as contribution to the offense and just look at the passing yards . . .  

I have not had a time to look at his stats too closely this year . . . but last year he has a lot of rushing yards . . . and a few rushing TDs from what I recall . . . and I think some people, and glad to see you are not one of them, do not understand that rushing yards are just as valuable as passing yards.  so if a QB contributes X yards to the offense, either through the air or by his feet, to me its the same . . . i think sometimes what got lost in the shuffle, and I am glad to see that you understand this . . . a lot of people when reviewing RGIII last year do not include his rushing yards as contribution to the offense and just look at the passing yards . . .  

Yeah I agree with all of that. 

I do hope that you are mindful of rushing yards of a QB the next time you think about RGIII

Andrew Luck has 180+ yards rushing, and Robert Griffin III has 240+. The big difference is the Griffin takes a inordinate number of big hits... and has spent a lot of time laying on his back, or holding his knee because of it. Mobility is a good thing for a quarterback, but should be used sparingly especially when a player like Griffin has the ability to throw the ball well. They had a running back in Washington who can do that.

Tons of QBs are better than Brady right now so that's not saying much. 

I know I wanted to bench him this week on my fantasy team, I have Russell Wilson as my back up, but got home after 1 pm on Sunday from Mass and grocery shopping . . .  he should be better later in the year we the offense is fully healthy . . .

I know I wanted to bench him this week on my fantasy team, I have Russell Wilson as my back up, but got home after 1 pm on Sunday from Mass and grocery shopping . . .  he should be better later in the year we the offense is fully healthy . . .

idk, Vollmer going down is going to hurt. He was playing extremely well this year. Is he going to back back later on in the season or is he going on IR? 

Andrew Luck has 180+ yards rushing, and Robert Griffin III has 240+. The big difference is the Griffin takes a inordinate number of big hits... and has spent a lot of time laying on his back, or holding his knee because of it. Mobility is a good thing for a quarterback, but should be used sparingly especially when a player like Griffin has the ability to throw the ball well. They had a running back in Washington who can do that.

yes agreed, I am not a fan of a QB running, even as "much" as Rogers and Luck . . . these guys are just too valuable . . .and it looks like the skins this year have learn this . ..I was just pointing out that rushing yards needed to be added in and RGIII did add some last year that sometimes gets lost in the shuffle in the discussion

idk, Vollmer going down is going to hurt. He was playing extremely well this year. Is he going to back back later on in the season or is he going on IR? 

I do not know yet, but him yelling did not sound good . . . and the sense around the fringes of the team in the media is that he might be done for the season . . . there is nothing official yet that I am aware of, but the Pats might of release something . . . its been Red Soxs most of the day on the radio and not much pats, so not sure . . .