Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***OFFICIAL RG3 EXCUSES THREAD***

jvan1973

he looked good against the bears, Packers, Philly, even Dallas were he was getting eaten by the dline and his pick came off a receiver slipping. How about Trent in every game as a Colt? How about that? THe one game where he even gets a decent YPC he ends up fumbling it... 

Ohh my aching butt.....

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why I root against the Broncos, especially vs. NFC teams.

But, you are wasting your time. Most of this forum has a secret love affair with Denver.

It's not about some "secret love affair". I root for the Broncos because we have the tie-breaker over them which is why we need them to win the division (just in case we lose to KC)

he looked good against the bears, Packers, Philly, even Dallas were he was getting eaten by the dline and his pick came off a receiver slipping. How about Trent in every game as a Colt? How about that? THe one game where he even gets a decent YPC he ends up fumbling it...

That Bears vs. Redskins game was bad for both defenses, and both put up large scoring numbers. I watched it with my dad... and cousin. Not named Kirk.

How long has Richardson been here... and what does he even have to do with this convo? All that hate for the man will end up eating you alive.

When you say things like this, it makes me question where your allegiance lies.  You make this argument for RGIII, but not for Trent...I'm curious who you are really rooting for.

So you disregarded everything I just said? Like I said I strongly dislike RG3, i'm only commenting on this because it really is disgusting what you guys are saying in here. What argument am i making for rg3 and not for trent? I am truly curious....

Nope. GO and read ANY of my posts concerning Richardson. I literally say SO FAR Richardson has been an average looking back imo. Not once have I used the term Bust, and multiple times I have stated that I will give give him as much times as he needs to prove me wrong. So OffensivelyPC, I've no idea who you're trying to follow here. If you're debating anything i've written, just go look at my posts on him :)

I just find it odd that the argument we all use to defend Trent you dismiss so easily.  But when we're talking about RGIII, the same argument is a trump card to you...or you act like we should all buy it anyway...makes no sense to me.

So you disregarded everything I just said? Like I said I strongly dislike RG3, i'm only commenting on this because it really is disgusting what you guys are saying in here. What argument am i making for rg3 and not for trent? I am truly curious....

Not disregarding anything you say...just curious why you defend RGIII, but when we defend trent on the exact same grounds, it's not good enough for you...that's all...if I'm misinterpreting you, please, someone call me out...but I'm pretty sure most on these forums would agree with me...

Not disregarding anything you say...just curious why you defend RGIII, but when we defend trent on the exact same grounds, it's not good enough for you...that's all...if I'm misinterpreting you, please, someone call me out...but I'm pretty sure most on these forums would agree with me...

Because many a expert share the same opinion I have of Trent. He has not impressed SO FAR, I'll give him all the time he needs. MAny people evem post stats to the contrary of the stacked box every time nonsense (Just like I'm sure there are stats showing that the line isn't getting RG3 killed). I'm defending RG3 because you're all labeling him as a bust too early. I've never labeled Trent as a bust at all so thats the difference. that is all im saying

You have to admit he has been strong in his hatred of Trent Richardson. I'm not sure why, but it is greatly amusing. Perhaps he is a Browns fan in disguise... a decepticon.

Because many a expert share the same opinion I have of Trent. He has not impressed SO FAR, I'll give him all the time he needs. MAny people evem post stats to the contrary of the stacked box every time nonsense (Just like I'm sure there are stats showing that the line isn't getting RG3 killed). I'm defending RG3 because you're all labeling him as a bust too early. I've never labeled Trent as a bust at all so thats the difference. that is all im saying

Only one person called Griffin III a bust in this thread. I think it is too early for that. However, I unlike you would never base my opinion off of what other so called experts think. The games I have seen him play show he is taking some big shots that are in my humble opinion are effecting his game. Yours is kind of a odd indictment of Trent Richardson, and you have showed you dislike in many threads.

Not sure what you are trying to prove but the thead is an embarrassment. No RG fan or skins fan started a thread about how lousy the Colts looked just two weeks ago to the Chargers who are not the Broncos by any stretch.

Every team in the NFL who wasn't the Colts started to question on us being legit. Fact is that injurys plague the team especially when you are missing key parts like Freeman, Landry, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Vick Ballard. We proved it against the Broncos.

Not only did the Andrew Luck lead the worst team in the league the year before to the playoffs, he did it with a bad offensive line and an okay defense. Then who wins Rookie of the Year?

Im not saying that we should trash talk about the other team (which was wrong what we did here) but its not like we do this all the time anyway....lol

Only one person called Griffin III a bust in this thread. I think it is too early for that. However, I unlike you would never base my opinion off of what other so called experts think. The games I have seen him play show he is taking some big shots that are in my humble opinion are effecting his game. Yours is kind of a odd indictment of Trent Richardson, and you have showed you dislike in many threads.

I used the experts as a counter to him using "pretty sure most on these forums would agree with me..." as if that means anything. I don't hate or dislike, Trent and I've never said that at all. The only thing I've said is that Im disappointed in his performances. He fianlly looks like hes going to have a strong game running the ball, and pass blocking especially vs the Broncos and than he goes and fumbles it. I don't hate him, just disappointed  Same as I was with Painter, and every other Colts player who didn't do much for us. (although Painter got us Luck)...

I used the experts as a counter to him using "pretty sure most on these forums would agree with me..." as if that means anything. I don't hate or dislike, Trent and I've never said that at all. The only thing I've said is that Im disappointed in his performances. He fianlly looks like hes going to have a strong game running the ball, and pass blocking especially vs the Broncos and than he goes and fumbles it. I don't hate him, just disappointed  Same as I was with Painter, and every other Colts player who didn't do much for us. (although Painter got us Luck)...

yeah no doubt...that fumble stunk. It happens though, luckily we still won the game but if it was a playoff game and we lost then people would want his head on a platter.

He will get better though, I don't expect him to be great however. He will just be "good enough" a lot I feel. I have no real issues on the trade though right now assuming we make the playoffs and the pick is in the 20's and later. For all we know Grigs trades up into the first round next year anyway lol.

yeah no doubt...that fumble stunk. It happens though, luckily we still won the game but if it was a playoff game and we lost then people would want his head on a platter.

He will get better though, I don't expect him to be great however. He will just be "good enough" a lot I feel. I have no real issues on the trade though right now assuming we make the playoffs and the pick is in the 20's and later. For all we know Grigs trades up into the first round next year anyway lol.

What's he going to use for ammunition ? We only have around 4-5 picks as it is. No 1st or 4th ... I kinda think maybe he trades out of the second for a 3rd and 4th . He could use 2015 draft picks.....

I didn't even see the one poster call him a bust. And yeah , the T.R comparison makes about as much sense as one poster calling Andrew Luck "Gabbert like" in the Denver win.

It's not about some "secret love affair". I root for the Broncos because we have the tie-breaker over them which is why we need them to win the division (just in case we lose to KC)

correction you want the Broncos to lose then beat KC twice to have the tiebreaker in the division . . . it does not do you any good to root for a team to win that has a half game lead on you . . . cause your tiebreaker in that situation ain't gonna cut it . . . with KC/SD/Denver all playing each other twice its going to be a hornet's nest the last 8 games and you want as many Ls in the three teams columns outside of the head to head . . .

and what happens if you beat KC and Denver gets the division but has a half game lead on you, whereas if they lost you have it up on both KC and Denver regardless of who one the division . . .

correction you want the Broncos to lose then beat KC twice to have the tiebreaker in the division . . . it does not do you any good to root for a team to win that has a half game lead on you . . . cause your tiebreaker in that situation ain't gonna cut it . . . with KC/SD/Denver all playing each other twice its going to be a hornet's nest the last 8 games and you want as many Ls in the three teams columns outside of the head to head . . .

and what happens if you beat KC and Denver gets the division but has a half game lead on you, whereas if they lost you have it up on both KC and Denver regardless of who one the division . . .

I don't think you get what im saying. If the Broncos lost that game, they'de be 2 back from KC. Ideally, we'd want Denver to win the division because we already have the tie-breaker over them. Denver losing tonight does no good for us, because it just gives KC a larger lead in the division.

RG3 is Vince Young as a passer just with just a stronger arm and a better athlete. There's a reason he runs the read option because their are only 2  easy reads. He doesn't know how to read defenses and he locks on to 1 WR the entire time. They were down 10 in the 4th and Kyle Shanahan was still calling 2 man routes out of the read option. It's because they don't trust RG3 out of 3 WR sets. His pocket awareness is more closer to Gabberts then it is to Luck, Wilson, or even Newton. Without the read option he's just going to be an average QB.

What's he going to use for ammunition ? We only have around 4-5 picks as it is. No 1st or 4th ... I kinda think maybe he trades out of the second for a 3rd and 4th . He could use 2015 draft picks.....

I don't know, but with Grigson I feel if there is a guy he has his eye on and really wants then he will go and get him somehow. I feel if there is a WR they want and think is the perfect fit they may make a bold move sometime too.

I don't follow the draft much outside of last offseason when having the first pick was fun so I really don't know who we may want that could put us over the top or anything.

I don't know, but with Grigson I feel if there is a guy he has his eye on and really wants then he will go and get him somehow. I feel if there is a WR they want and think is the perfect fit they may make a bold move sometime too.

I don't follow the draft much outside of last offseason when having the first pick was fun so I really don't know who we may want that could put us over the top or anything.

He no doubt is as you say and I agree that we can't discount him making other moves for a guy he likes. I was just pointing out a scenario that made the most sense.

So let me get this right . When Brady throws 1 TD and passes for 120 yards "HE" is the one that "won and put up 24 unanswered points in a second half vs a team that beat the Colts." But when Andrew Luck who has thrown more TD's and has 1/2 of the ints Brady has ... wins.. it's because of his defense , running game and special teams." That has to be the most ridiculous pile on ridiculous crap ever posted on this board. 

Luck has way better stats and has played much better than Brady this year. Take it for what it's worth and stop making statements that make you sound like a chimp.

The amount of time you guys bring Brady into a discussion is stunning. Your fascination borders on creepy at this point. I never said Brady wasn't being carried by his defense and run game this year. I pointed out his second half because some here wanted to talk about his lousy first half while ignoring his second half.

Like I said, Brady is irrlevant to this discussion of Luck/RG. Both of them should hope to have even half his career as that would be something. When looking at them you have to look at a season and a half and all you really have is stats at this point. RG crushed Luck last year and this year Luck is having the better season thru 8 games. Let's see the next two months play out but Luck's numbers are bottom third of the league so to automatically put him as the better Qb is laughable at this point.

Fitzgerald is on the trading block ....

The amount of time you guys bring Brady into a discussion is stunning. Your fascination borders on creepy at this point. I never said Brady wasn't being carried by his defense and run game this year. I pointed out his second half because some here wanted to talk about his lousy first half while ignoring his second half.

Like I said, Brady is irrlevant to this discussion of Luck/RG. Both of them should hope to have even half his career as that would be something. When looking at them you have to look at a season and a half and all you really have is stats at this point. RG crushed Luck last year and this year Luck is having the better season thru 8 games. Let's see the next two months play out but Luck's numbers are bottom third of the league so to automatically put him as the better Qb is laughable at this point.

lol, the contradictions and illogical arguments continue, you never cease to amaze.

It is not ridiculous to argue who is the better QB right now, Luck is, it is clear to anyone who watches both and knows the game... you don't watch either, you look at box scores. Regardless, you will root for RG3, for reasons that dw49 has already eluded too. 

By the way, why haven't you answered Dustin's question regarding a similar thread you made about Eli Manning? Because it makes you appear silly? 

And we have an unhealthy obsession with Manning? Coming from the individual who contributes 50+ posts in every thread regarding Peyton Manning and spends a unhealthy amount of time on a Colts forum despite being a Pats fan? Priceless....

lol, the contradictions and illogical arguments continue, you never cease to amaze.

It is not ridiculous to argue who is the better QB right now, Luck is, it is clear to anyone who watches both and knows the game... you don't watch either, you look at box scores. Regardless, you will root for RG3, for reasons that dw49 has already eluded too. 

By the way, why haven't you answered Dustin's question regarding a similar thread you made about Eli Manning? Because it makes you appear silly? 

And we have an unhealthy obsession with Manning? Coming from the individual who contributes 50+ posts in every thread regarding Peyton Manning and spends a unhealthy amount of time on a Colts forum despite being a Pats fan? Priceless....

Good morning sunshine.

I don't like it when we ostracize fans from other teams, as if they have no right to be here and we do. If you don't like what he has to say, fine, argue your points accordingly. But don't make them feel unwelcome and silly for being here. They have every bit as much right to post here as you or I. 

I don't think you get what im saying. If the Broncos lost that game, they'de be 2 back from KC. Ideally, we'd want Denver to win the division because we already have the tie-breaker over them. Denver losing tonight does no good for us, because it just gives KC a larger lead in the division.

I hear yah, but the problem is you still have to root for a Denver lost, which assumes btw you guys run the table (9-0) . . . given the fact that it might be tough for you guys to run the table, you will need at least two more losses by Denver this year . . . as they have a one game lead on you so far, and will have a two game lead if you guys loose one of your last 9 games . . . so if you guys loose just one game, Denver now has to loose 2 of the next 8, which is possible, but I rather have one of those loses out of the way asap . . . and if you guys go 7-2 over the next 9 games, Denver has to go 5-3 over the next 8 for you to catch them . . . and so on . . . and furthermore if you are hoping Denver inflicts looses on KC so you can catch them, then those are loses you can not count for Denver . . .

bottom line if you can not get by Denver the KC issue is irrelevant . . . also, when you have two guys in front of you in line you want both of them to lose, especially when they play each other twice, so there will be two wins for these two teams . . .  

I understand about your thoughts about the tiebreaker and whether or not you can beat KC . . . but if you lose to KC, and thus the tiebreaker you are worried about, you will also be losing ground on Denver with the KC loss . . .

I just find it easy to wish teams lose at least until we are even or are ahead of them . . . with 8/9 games to play and looking up at two teams, it tough for me to find a scenario where I would be rooting for either one of them . . .

I hear yah, but the problem is you still have to root for a Denver lost, which assumes btw you guys run the table (9-0) . . . given the fact that it might be tough for you guys to run the table, you will need at least two more losses by Denver this year . . . as they have a one game lead on you so far, and will have a two game lead if you guys loose one of your last 9 games . . . so if you guys loose just one game, Denver now has to loose 2 of the next 8, which is possible, but I rather have one of those loses out of the way asap . . . and if you guys go 7-2 over the next 9 games, Denver has to go 5-3 over the next 8 for you to catch them . . . and so on . . . and furthermore if you are hoping Denver inflicts looses on KC so you can catch them, then those are loses you can not count for Denver . . .

bottom line if you can not get by Denver the KC issue is irrelevant . . . also, when you have two guys in front of you in line you want both of them to lose, especially when they play each other twice, so there will be two wins for these two teams . . .  

I understand about your thoughts about the tiebreaker and whether or not you can beat KC . . . but if you lose to KC, and thus the tiebreaker you are worried about, you will also be losing ground on Denver with the KC loss . . .

I just find it easy to wish teams lose at least until we are even or are ahead of them . . . with 8/9 games to play and looking up at two teams, it tough for me to find a scenario where I would be rooting for either one of them . . .

Any fan of an AFC team should be rooting for the NFC team to beat an AFC team every time. That is just common sense.