Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***OFFICIAL RG3 EXCUSES THREAD***

jvan1973

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

Not everyone can be Luck and put up Blaine Gabbert like numbers in the second half vs. the Broncos and still win because of his defense and STs.

You're right.  A rushing TD and not turning the ball over is very Blaine Gabbert like

If you actually believe what you typed yeah, it does kind of scream conspiracy theorist but okay. Patriots play in the AFC...the Redskins don't. They won't be stopping the Colts from reaching the big one.

What you have there makes zero sense but I'll just say OK.

I felt a little sorry for RG3 today...

..the hits he was taking were big time

..I';m glad Shanahan didnt let him go back in in the 4th quarter

His line had worn down

He got up, and tried to go out. Imagine if he did so only to blow out his other knee... Shanahan would be done in the NFL.

Nothing to do with Pep going conservative with a 19 point lead mid way through the 3rd ? Really you can't be posting this kind of ridiculous trash. Plus you are now talking stats with your hero putting up the Gabbert numbers for real.

Brady has more than a decade of division titles, SB wins, SB MVPs and league MVPs. He is irrlevant to a discussion of RG and Luck but it is a good try by some to try to bring him in when he won today putting up 24 unanswered points in the second half againt a team that the Colts lost to.

If we are going to judge RG and Luck then the stats are what we have thus far in just a season and a half. My overall point is that nothing has been determined between the two as much as Colts fans want to bury Rg and write his eulogy. His team is right in the thick of the East. They were double digit dogs today so like I said not sure why some think today really means anything one way or the other. It is not like Luck is lighting up the stat books this year. His numbers are in the bottom third of the league with the success of the team coming from the run game and defense.

He's right . There were a lot of "credible talking heads" that thought RG3 had a higher upside than Luck. We don't know how the real football people , the head coaches and GMs , felt. But guys like Greg Cosell and others who liked RG4 better fit the bill. Where they were all wrong was they  underestimated Luck's arm strength. That made him not "the best prospect since Peyton Manning " but instead it made him as good a prospect since John Elway. 

Problem here is although they are good posters and good fans , the posters from other teams ...Quiz and those , really don't want Luck yo be a super star as he might dominate the AFC for years to come. Can you imagine how it would feel to be a Texan fan and go from a 37 year old PM to a 24 year old Andrew Luck ? I mean really... that would be brutal. So these guys and girls , along with some media (they love RG3 as he's a great interview)  are and will continue to hang on to this RG3> than AL because they so bad want it to be true.

Problem for them is this is the NFL and they  figure out how to stop a college offense and a college QB. RG3 has great talent but right now he's a one read , run first QB that the NFL is catching up with. Pretty much everyone but Baylis and those that are jealous of the Colts having Luck have given up on the RG3> Andrew Luck argument.

I know. I answered him up above. I was thinking more in season second guessing than draft. Cosell was slobbering over Luck by mid season last year.

Brady has more than a decade of division titles, SB wins, SB MVPs and league MVPs. He is irrlevant to a discussion of RG and Luck but it is a good try by some to try to bring him in when he won today putting up 24 unanswered points in the second half againt a team that the Colts lost to.

If we are going to judge RG and Luck then the stats are what we have thus far in just a season and a half. My overall point is that nothing has been determined between the two as much as Colts fans want to bury Rg and write his eulogy. His team is right in the thick of the East. They were double digit dogs today so like I said not sure why some think today really means anything one way or the other. It is not like Luck is lighting up the stat books this year. His numbers are in the bottom third of the league with the success of the team coming from the run game and defense.

You're the one that said Denver had Swiss cheese defense. Bob failed miserably against Swiss cheese

Guest TeamLoloJones

Brady has more than a decade of division titles, SB wins, SB MVPs and league MVPs. He is irrlevant to a discussion of RG and Luck but it is a good try by some to try to bring him in when he won today putting up 24 unanswered points in the second half againt a team that the Colts lost to.

You don't watch the Colts games do you?  Your opinion on Luck has now been completely removed of all credibility.

Guest TeamLoloJones

We'll see where everything shakes out in a couple of months. As far as last year though it was a slam dunk for RG.

Luck played in a vertical offense vs. RG3's dink and dunk.

What mistakes has Shanny made with RG3?    Shanny "tailored" his O to Baylors to "ease" RG in.       He ran basically Baylor's O RG's rookie year.      Read option, pass off of run fakes, first read ..  ..       And RG3 was the darling of the NFL.

NOW ...  the Skins are losing..   RG can't keep up the the "great" ones....    oh and he is hurt again...

Andrew Luck was the NFL MVP LAST SEASON.        It just took another year for some to figure it out..

It is easy to see great QB play....      you know it when you SEE it.

I guarantee the Colts coaching staff wouldn't have made some of the huge mistakes Shanahan, and crew has. Still the choice was an easy one Luck is immensely talented.

Being in the thick of the East isn't much to crow about, then again our AFC South brethren aren't exactly doing much either :P

You have your anti-Colts bias which is fairly obvious from your posting on this and a number of topics but you know so what, your entitled to your opinion. Long way to go this season, I'm happy with where the Colts are, though if you don't think a large factor in the Colts record is the play and poise of Luck your only looking at the box scores and not watching the games.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Team is focusd on being run heavy and D-focused. Irsay said as much in his diatribe prior to the Colts/Broncos game. Luck will never be asked to be anythng like Manning which is probably a good thing.

Like I said, you haven't watched the games.

Didn't you trade a number one for Richardson???

Unless one is a basket case they should give Richardson the benefit of the doubt until next year. A low 2014 pick who probably won't be a great contributing factor their first year unless someone hits the jackpot. I'll still take the trade.

Team is focusd on being run heavy and D-focused. Irsay said as much in his diatribe prior to the Colts/Broncos game. Luck will never be asked to be anythng like Manning which is probably a good thing.

How is any of that relevant to this discussion?

Guest TeamLoloJones

It's not... unless you are trying to derail a thread with petty comments.

Someone is just butthurt Tommy boy had a bad day.

Being in the thick of the East isn't much to crow about, then again our AFC South brethren aren't exactly doing much either :P

You have your anti-Colts bias which is fairly obvious from your posting on this and a number of topics but you know so what, your entitled to your opinion. Long way to go this season, I'm happy with where the Colts are, though if you don't think a large factor in the Colts record is the play and poise of Luck your only looking at the box scores and not watching the games.

I like Luck a lot. He is doing his thing. And this conservative offense has been good for him. He is not Manning and would be silly for the Cotls to treat him as such.

My ax here has nothing to do with Colts as much as the hatred toward RG as evidenced by the title of this thread.

What is sad is Colts fans should have been voting for RG to beat the Broncs as that would have helped your position in the AFC for the Broncs to have two losses especially if they end up over taking the Chiefs for the division.

Unless one is a basket case they should give Richardson the benefit of the doubt until next year. A low 2014 pick who probably won't be a great contributing factor their first year unless someone hits the jackpot. I'll still take the trade.

Trent Richardson is only 22 years old too if I'm not mistaken. Good trade for a low round pick... once this line is fixed it will pay off.

You have hit an all knew low for silliness.    

Did YOU watch iNDY Last season?     Was that Manning like..   oh..   compare rookie years and YOU will get your answer..

Stick to the Pat boards when talking Colt football...

:goodluck:

Someone is just butthurt Tommy boy had a bad day.

The Pats won. Unlike Colts fans, I could care less what my QBs stats look like as long as my team wins. Kind of like valuing SB wins over division titles and league MVPs... but don't worry. Irsay has caught on that winning rings is what it is all about.