Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***OFFICIAL RG3 EXCUSES THREAD***

jvan1973

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it when we ostracize fans from other teams, as if they have no right to be here and we do. If you don't like what he has to say, fine, argue your points accordingly. But don't make them feel unwelcome and silly for being here. They have every bit as much right to post here as you or I. 

How do I make other fans feel unwelcome? I have a lot of respect for quite a few posters here who support other teams... amfootball is not when of them because he/she constantly displays trollish behavior, makes unfounded points, makes countless contradictions and will back anyone who is compared to Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning. 

I argue my points accordingly with amfootball frequently... eventually you just start calling a spade a spade.

How do I make other fans feel unwelcome? I have a lot of respect for quite a few posters here who support other teams... amfootball is not when of them because he/she constantly displays trollish behavior, makes unfounded points, makes countless contradictions and will back anyone who is compared to Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning. 

I argue my points accordingly with amfootball frequently... eventually you just start calling a spade a spade.

He has a different opinion, an outsiders view, be it objective or not. 

How do I make other fans feel unwelcome?

By telling him he "spends an unhealthy amount of time here". That's insulting, as if he's some loser with nothing better to do. As well, how much time one spends here has nothing to do with what said poster is saying. 

If we think we have the right to poke jabs at Griffin, then it's fair game on this internet. Conversely, he has the right to espouse whatever opinion of our guy Luck that he wishes. So long as he doesn't take it to full-on troll, he/she should be welcome. 

He has a different opinion, an outsiders view, be it objective or not. 

By telling him he "spends an unhealthy amount of time here". That's insulting, as if he's some loser with nothing better to do. As well, how much time one spends here has nothing to do with what said poster is saying. 

If we think we have the right to poke jabs at Griffin, then it's fair game on this internet. Conversely, he has the right to espouse whatever opinion of our guy Luck that he wishes. So long as he doesn't take it to full-on troll, he/she should be welcome. 

1. I choose to call out people who make contradictions and display trollish behavior, if you don't like it, ignore me. 

2. Explain how this is different from his/her observation that the Colt fans on this board have 'an unhealthy obesession with Brady'?

3. Believe me, I thoroughly enjoy my little squabbles with amfootball, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yes? I'll root for the Broncos to lose when they have a firm grasp on the division. Them losing has no benefit to us at this time. 

Btw, did you just not see my other comments or did you just ignore it because it pointed out your hypocrisy? 

I was not ignoring your post just didn't have time to look at the thread as I was watching the Sox last night. It has been non-stop now for over a month and I am exhausted. Two more wins to go and I am really hoping it does not go 7 but I have a feeling it will.

The thread you are referencing was a tongue and cheek on Eli and Peyton which was posted right after Eli had thrown three picks vs.the Bears for a league leading 15 picks. My OP compared Eli and Peyton asked which one would reach 50 first in terms of picks vs.TDs. The posts that ensued were all in the vein of the spirit of the thread which was one of humor not mean-spirited unlike this thread replete with multple asterixes asking for excuse makers for RG. I get the fact that Cotls fans dislike RG given he was picked right after Luck and their careers will always be entwined but to start such a thread with the intention of shooting down anyone who tries to give legit reasons why the Redskins lost and not just RG as we all know football is a team game is just ridiculous and like I said mean spirited. I believe Andrew Luck had some knee issues in college so it would be lousy to see him suffer an injury like RG and work his butt off to come back and not miss a game the following the season and then get criticized when his game is not at the ROTY standard he had set the year before.

I was not ignoring your post just didn't have time to look at the thread as I was watching the Sox last night. It has been non-stop now for over a month and I am exhausted. Two more wins to go and I am really hoping it does not go 7 but I have a feeling it will.

The thread you are referencing was a tongue and cheek on Eli and Peyton which was posted right after Eli had thrown three picks vs.the Bears for a league leading 15 picks. My OP compared Eli and Peyton asked which one would reach 50 first in terms of picks vs.TDs. The posts that ensued were all in the vein of the spirit of the thread which was one of humor not mean-spirited unlike this thread replete with multple asterixes asking for excuse makers for RG. I get the fact that Cotls fans dislike RG given he was picked right after Luck and their careers will always be entwined but to start such a thread with the intention of shooting down anyone who tries to give legit reasons why the Redskins lost and not just RG as we all know football is a team game is just ridiculous and like I said mean spirited. I believe Andrew Luck had some knee issues in college so it would be lousy to see him suffer an injury like RG and work his butt off to come back and not miss a game the following the season and then get criticized when his game is not at the ROTY standard he had set the year before.

"I've never seen a player fall so far", "Coughlin should bench him"

Definitely seems tongue in cheek. I'm sure it wasn't a gloating thread to kick the guy who costs you 2 super bowls while he is down. 

"I've never seen a player fall so far", "Coughlin should bench him"

Definitely seems tongue in cheek. I'm sure it wasn't a gloating thread to kick the guy who costs you 2 super bowls while he is down. 

Do you disagree? I was not the only one saying that at the time and it was precisely because he is a 2 time SB champ that I said he has fallen so far this year.

Do you disagree? I was not the only one saying that at the time and it was precisely because he is a 2 time SB champ that I said he has fallen so far this year.

Whether I agree or not is irrelevant. Both this thread and the thread you started are set to accomplish the same thing which is to gloat about a player you don't like performing badly. 

Whether I agree or not is irrelevant. Both this thread and the thread you started are set to accomplish the same thing which is to gloat about a player you don't like performing badly. 

Agree to disagree. Commenting on a player's poor performance is one thing that happens all the time. Starting a thread to bash an injured player when he is down because he takes the shine off your guy is something very different.

Agree to disagree. Commenting on a player's poor performance is one thing that happens all the time. Starting a thread to bash an injured player when he is down because he takes the shine off your guy is something very different.

He isn't injured. I watched the documentary if his rehab. He is ship shape. Sorry, that excuse is no longer valid. He said he is better than ever before the game yesterday

I do think they need a house cleaning on defense. If Shanahan won't fire Jim Haslett, he goes too.

The system is built to shield RG3's weaknesses (which, IMO, rarely goes beyond 2 reads in the passing game) instead of making him grow. It seems like RG3's ceiling is limited in the offense being run, just my two cents.

Remember when Luck was thrown into the fire by Bruce Arians, something similar has to happen with RG3, IMO. His mental clock for the passing game, if teams shut down the run shows less awareness compared to the elite QBs. So teams know that if they shut down the first 2 downs vs RG3 and limit his first 2 reads on 3rd down, RG3 can be limited and the Redskins can be taken down consistently.

Steelers, Ravens and Panthers showed that last year vs a healthy RG3 for the most part, and non-divisional teams are showing it this year. It is just that the NFC East teams are so terrible that he is not exposed more.

The amount of time you guys bring Brady into a discussion is stunning. Your fascination borders on creepy at this point. I never said Brady wasn't being carried by his defense and run game this year. I pointed out his second half because some here wanted to talk about his lousy first half while ignoring his second half.

Like I said, Brady is irrlevant to this discussion of Luck/RG. Both of them should hope to have even half his career as that would be something. When looking at them you have to look at a season and a half and all you really have is stats at this point. RG crushed Luck last year and this year Luck is having the better season thru 8 games. Let's see the next two months play out but Luck's numbers are bottom third of the league so to automatically put him as the better Qb is laughable at this point.

I never brought Brady into this discussion until I answered your post that claimed exactly as I said. You talked about Lucks stats that "ranked in the bottom 3rd of the league" , which is really another ridiculous statement. Then you tied to that the opinion that the Colts were not winning because of anything Andrew Luck was doing. It was "dfense , runing game and special teams.

In another post you brought up how Tom Brady led his team to 24 second half points . In that game he had under 120 yards passing , 1 TD and 1 int.

So you can worm and squirm all you like. You are looking like a total ...... with the above being in type.

As far as the posts between you and I ... you brought Tom Brady into it. Since you are knocking Andrew Luck and it's well known that you claim Brady is the best in the game , he becomes fair game. Especially considering that he has not played nearly as well as Luck has this year.

correction you want the Broncos to lose then beat KC twice to have the tiebreaker in the division . . . it does not do you any good to root for a team to win that has a half game lead on you . . . cause your tiebreaker in that situation ain't gonna cut it . . . with KC/SD/Denver all playing each other twice its going to be a hornet's nest the last 8 games and you want as many Ls in the three teams columns outside of the head to head . . .

and what happens if you beat KC and Denver gets the division but has a half game lead on you, whereas if they lost you have it up on both KC and Denver regardless of who one the division . . .

am i correct in thinking  that no matter what Denvers final record is, as long as they dont win division the best seed in playoff  that is possible is # 5 wild card as 1-4 goes to all division winners, whether u have a better record or not  ????

and of cousres all colt fans should wish both Broncos and KC lose how could u not

I never brought Brady into this discussion until I answered your post that claimed exactly as I said. You talked about Lucks stats that "ranked in the bottom 3rd of the league" , which is really another ridiculous statement. Then you tied to that the opinion that the Colts were not winning because of anything Andrew Luck was doing. It was "dfense , runing game and special teams.

In another post you brought up how Tom Brady led his team to 24 second half points . In that game he had under 120 yards passing , 1 TD and 1 int.

So you can worm and squirm all you like. You are looking like a total ...... with the above being in type.

As far as the posts between you and I ... you brought Tom Brady into it. Since you are knocking Andrew Luck and it's well known that you claim Brady is the best in the game , he becomes fair game. Especially considering that he has not played nearly as well as Luck has this year.

Another poster brought Brady in and I was responding. That is the post you responded to and took out of context. I will always defend my QB up here especially when someone chooses to only focus on half the game.

If you really want to bring Brady into this then we have to go back to last year as that is what we are comparing between RG and Luck in terms of the better QB. If we bring last year in then Brady slams both of them.

But again, for the last time, I am comparing Luck and RG. We have last season and half a season this year. RG crushed Luck last year and this year Luck is on top.

I have watched quite a few of the Colts games this year and I see an offense that runs a ton, a GM that spent a number one on a RB who was the overall number 3 pick from last year and a defense that is playing great ball. If you see that as taking away from Luck but so be it. But they are winning because they are playing great team football. Luck is doing his share but his run game and D are doing more IMO. You can disagree but his stats bear that out this season. They are asking him to do less which is a good thing in the long run. When they asked him to carry the team last year you got 23 TOs and a ton of hits. Not a good formular for winning or keeping your QB healthy.

In terms of RG, his team is horrific all around. He has not been playing well and yet they are in the thick of things in the putrid NFC East. I think he could win the division. Does his game have shortcomings? For sure. He is not proficient at progression based reading, his clock in his head is not going off at the right time and he is getting hit way too much. Will his body hold up? I have my doubts. I think Luck has his issues too like bounce passes one of which got Wayne on IR. He makes bad decisions at times. He can be streaky but he can be clutch too. It is always a mixed bag with the QB position because it relies so much on all 11 guys being on the same page. Luck has the much better team this year so I would expect him to be more successful but that is hardly a reason to proclaim him better than Rg just like Rgs superb season last year was not a reason to proclaim him better than Luck.

Not sure what you are trying to prove but the thead is an embarrassment. No RG fan or skins fan started a thread about how lousy the Colts looked just two weeks ago to the Chargers who are not the Broncos by any stretch.

But we have a Pats fan and a Ravens fan who cannot get enough of criticizing our owner on our board........Lately I've come to realize that similar posting would not be tolerated on either the Pats or Ravens board

You need to go back and re-read the thread ...

Unfortunately, I read this thread. I have no idea why you are trolling so hard.

It's really simple. No one here "hates" RG3 (a few might, but they aren't the majority).

Us Colt fan had to hear about how RG3 wasn't just comparable to Luck, he was vastly better. The proof was never in the pudding (even if you keep saying it, it doesn't make it true). We're just glad we got the guy who we thought he would be. 

And there are more than a few excuses being made for RG3. It's fair to say the national media desperately wants to anoint him the best QB in the league, when he's not in the top half right now.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Wow even Skip is turning the corner on RG3.  He said on First Take that he's beginning to question his idea that he would have drafted RG3 over Luck.

am i correct in thinking  that no matter what Denvers final record is, as long as they dont win division the best seed in playoff  that is possible is # 5 wild card as 1-4 goes to all division winners, whether u have a better record or not  ????

and of cousres all colt fans should wish both Broncos and KC lose how could u not

yes you are correct sir, like Indy 12-4 in 2008 (wild card with 8-8 SD divisional winner), you can have the a great record, even the 2nd best in all of football but if you do not win your division, you fall to the #5 seed . . . and likely go on the road to face a team with a worst record than you , , ,

unless there is a major drop off in the AFC West, the wild card team coming out of that division will likely have one of the better records in the AFC but yet be stuck as a wild card . . .

Guest TeamLoloJones

Is it just me or would'nt  if RG3 's left knee is hurt  remind anyone of  Gump  . FG3   Run Forest Run

I bet Forest Gump could read a defense better.

Guest TeamLoloJones

To paraphrase things you've said in this thread.........I find your obsession with criticizing our owner stunning..........mean spirited..........and a bit creepy

I find amfootball's hypocrisy fun and entertaining, but mostly creepy.

To paraphrase things you've said in this thread.........I find your obsession with criticizing our owner stunning..........mean spirited..........and a bit creepy

You don't want to turn this into another Jim Irsay therapy session, do you? ;)  I think this post would be considered baiting according to forum rules, no?

You don't want to turn this into another Jim Irsay therapy session, do you? ;)  I think this post would be considered baiting according to forum rules, no?

Not at all clear on why you need so much Jim Irsay therapy

Just part of my ongoing efforts to illustrate to you how members see your posts as baiting and trolling