Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***OFFICIAL RG3 EXCUSES THREAD***

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's good at beating Andrew in individual awards, but not team wins lol.

Well they both led teams to the playoffs that hadn't been in years, so there's that. But this year....yeah Andy has him beat. Unless Griff and the Redskins pull another colossal comeback like they did last year.

Didn't he go to the playoffs his second season? In any case calling a guy who probably came back too fast from injury a bust after a great rookie year isn't legit.

He was 110% they even had a camera crew follow him around showing us he was fine and dandy. Its not the knee. He can't read a defense. If the first guy isn't open he is toast.

Guest TeamLoloJones

They called him immature of course, but no one ever seriously considered him a bust. He has all the intangibles, size, and more. His second season was bad in the loss column but his stats were not.

Ok..I concede that if you didn't see or hear it, it didn't happen.

Well they both led teams to the playoffs that hadn't been in years, so there's that. But this year....yeah Andy has him beat. Unless Griff and the Redskins pull another colossal comeback like they did last year.

Andrew led his team to more wins last year as well

Part of it is because RG transcends football. He is a black QB who is well-spoken, a republican, married to a white woman, magnetic, and plays an electric style. He perfectly fits the social/economic demographic of DC too. A city may not have had a QB that pefectly represents them as much as he does. To be honest, I am surprised he is not covered more ....

This is what everybody knows but few are willing to say..am

RG3 is more charismatic than Andrew...he's made for TV....and he's in DC where a lot of media is, if not centered, certainly focused.

He's not the player Andrew Luck is....

..but he's always going to get more attention...

He was 110% they even had a camera crew follow him around showing us he was fine and dandy. Its not the knee. He can't read a defense. If the first guy isn't open he is toast.

Even if that was true those kinds of things can be corrected. The reading defenses part, not the injury part lol.

Yeah, but Andrew won more games last year too :).

In terms of the Luck/RG debate. RG had the much better season last year then Luck and this year Luck is off to the better start after half a season. I still think the Skins will win the East and make the post-season. So today's game is just one more game in a long 16 game season.

The much better season... Andrew Luck put up the most passing yards in NFL history for a rookie, and made a bigger impact. Your argument there is not a valid one.

Ok..I concede that if you didn't see or hear it, it didn't happen.

I'm not saying that. But I could have a blog and post something saying that Cam Newton is a bust and have a lot of people read it. Does that mean it should be taken seriously?

And the pot stirrer is back....why mention me by name and try to make it seem like I am some guy who hates your quarterback? You have no idea who I liked more in college or as a person between the two of them, nor can you assume that I don't want your quarterback to be successful. We are currently at .500 against Andy, why should I care that he is the next guy after Manning? Griffin was phenomenal last season and won ROTY for a reason. It's not just Texan and AFC fans, wise guy.

I'm back ? Am I not suppose to be here ? Huh... thought was a Colt board. Never said anyone hated Luck .. just as I don't hate RG3. My point is that most of the people that are still touting RG3 over Luck are fans of AFC teams and the rest is my opinion that can't be proved. But  does that make me a wise guy or bad person ? I think not.

Well, if your coach is smart and starts Keenum (he probably wont) they wont play each other anyway. 

I could see him starting Case again. And even if he does start Schaub, if any mistakes are made...especially ones that lead to opponent points...well the leash is short.

I won't gloat. I didn't see the game but it's not unheard of to see struggles in a still developing team and QB.

The Colts are inconsistent at times but I could not be happier with some of the wins we have and the defensive improvements we have shown, as well as Luck's turnover rate going down this year.

But, it's not over yet. Injuries can take a toll on a squad and a lot of desperate teams will be playing us as the year goes on.

I'm back ? Am I not suppose to be here ? Huh... thought was a Colt board. Never said anyone hated Luck .. just as I don't hate RG3. My point is that most of the people that are still touting RG3 over Luck are fans of AFC teams and the rest is my opinion that can't be proved. But  does that make me a wise guy or bad person ? I think not.

'Back' as in 'starting trouble'. You could have made your point without acting as though there is some conspiracy in the AFC and their fans against #12 and his potential future success. I don't think many people care as much about the whole RG/AL thing as you think. Most realize they are in separate conferences on separate teams and won't have to worry much about each other's success, barring a SB meeting lol.

Bob also leads in minutes missed due too injury. He couldn't finish the game today in what you described as a Swiss cheese defense.

Not everyone can be Luck and put up Blaine Gabbert like numbers in the second half vs. the Broncos and still win because of his defense and STs.

Even if that was true those kinds of things can be corrected. The reading defenses part, not the injury part lol.

No doubt that RG# has a huge problem if his first read is covered and there is no running lane for him to escape to. He also does not have very good pocket presence. Funny thing is it might be just the opposite of what you have above. You can teach a QB to slide and be a pocket passer but there have been many QB's with great arms that couldn't read a defense and always saw "ghosts in the pocket." 

'Back' as in 'starting trouble'. You could have made your point without acting as though there is some conspiracy in the AFC and their fans against #12 and his potential future success. I don't think many people care as much about the whole RG/AL thing as you think. Most realize they are in separate conferences on separate teams and won't have to worry much about each other's success, barring a SB meeting lol.

"Conspiracy"... lol . Dunno about the rest either as the Pats kept us out of multiple SB's

And 23 TOs.

RGs impact was just as big and he won ROTY.

I'm not fighting with you... you have gone completely off topic making it another (insert name here) vs. (Insert name here). The rookie of the year ended the year laying on the ground holding his knee. He won't last this one either at the rate he is taking shots.

No doubt that RG# has a huge problem if his first read is covered and there is no running lane for him to escape to. He also does not have very good pocket presence. Funny thing is it might be just the opposite of what you have above. You can teach a QB to slide and be a pocket passer but there have been many QB's with great arms that couldn't read a defense and always saw "ghosts in the pocket." 

Those QBs that see ghosts in the pocket have usually been conditioned that way due to playing for too long behind bad lines. Sliding and going down aren't always injury-proof, Cutler can tell you about that. But yeah going out of bounds is definitely...wait no. I'm pretty sure Clay still got Kaepernick that one time. I guess running QBs will never be safe haha

Great job changing the topic on an argument you just lost.

How did i lose anything? Luck was responsible for four tds and zero turnovers last week. Bob 3 turnovers 1 td 50% completion 140 yards passing against Swiss cheese

"Conspiracy"... lol . Dunno about the rest either as the Pats kept us out of multiple SB's

If you actually believe what you typed yeah, it does kind of scream conspiracy theorist but okay. Patriots play in the AFC...the Redskins don't. They won't be stopping the Colts from reaching the big one.

Not everyone can be Luck and put up Blaine Gabbert like numbers in the second half vs. the Broncos and still win because of his defense and STs.

Nothing to do with Pep going conservative with a 19 point lead mid way through the 3rd ? Really you can't be posting this kind of ridiculous trash. Plus you are now talking stats with your hero putting up the Gabbert numbers for real.

Exactly. Osi used it to be disrespectful..and at least jvan is honest about it.

I don't think any player has called Andy as such to be disrespectful though. So I should get at least a bit of leeway there right? He's a Houstonian, I can't hate the guy lol.