Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning to play behind make-shift line

1959Colts

Not gonna matter. When you have guys like Wes Welker, D. Thomas, J. Thomas, & Moreno the ball won't be in your hands for more than 3 seconds.

Most team we've played have had bum offensive lines and we barely generated pressure there. Don't believe everything you read

Our pass rush is to predictable....example: You know Mathis is almost always going to rush that outside shoulder and he has a spin move but nothing else, Nothing much at all in the form of a move to get to the inside, No double moves, Thats part of the reason he is so horrible against the run. teams know he is going to try to get around the edge opening up huge holes for the running game, If he did a few swim moves to the inside teams may think a little more about running at him....if he can make the play of course, Walden same way. I look for Mathis to be a non factor

Our pass rush is to predictable....example: You know Mathis is almost always going to rush that outside shoulder and he has a spin move but nothing else, Nothing much at all in the form of a move to get to the inside, No double moves, Thats part of the reason he is so horrible against the run. teams know he is going to try to get around the edge opening up huge holes for the running game, If he did a few swim moves to the inside teams may think a little more about running at him....if he can make the play of course, Walden same way. I look for Mathis to be a non factor

yet his 9.5 sacks still lead the NFL. i would say he is doin just fine, and will be the first to sack manning. 

This is the same QB that took Charlie Johnson as LT to a SB. Not going to matter. I'm just hoping the center screws up a few snaps or something. Our guys can make plays, but when they get their chances, they have to come up with the plays. 

our WR's should come up with big plays especially hilton. denver ranks 32nd in the NFL in pass defense. 

Not gonna matter. When you have guys like Wes Welker, D. Thomas, J. Thomas, & Moreno the ball won't be in your hands for more than 3 seconds.

Most team we've played have had bum offensive lines and we barely generated pressure there. Don't believe everything you read

yet denver's 32nd ranked pass defense have to deal with Hilton, Wayne, DHB, Fleener, TRick and Brown. look for hilton and fleener to make big plays in this game. what makes this game even better is the chances look good for Landry to be back also. 

Im almost to the point of beileving we need to blitz every down, yes 100% of the time. I can't even call our pass rush a pass rush because that would be offensive to pass rushers.

No, In indy we produce pass dust

Pass Dust - Insignificant obstacle en route to unattainable aspirations

It's not exactly makeshift.  Left tackle, left guard, and center are same as previous games.  The difference will be on the right side.  There are two options with how they treat right guard/right tackle.  One is to move Vasquez from guard to tackle, and put Chris Kuper in at guard.  Kuper was a very good guard for us in the past and former team captain (just had some injury issues).  Vasquez has been maybe our best lineman this year... not sure about the transition but he has at least practiced a lot at tackle and looked fine last week against the Jags when he did so.

The second option would be to keep Vasquez at right guard and put Winston Justice in at right tackle, whom they signed several weeks ago.  He's a veteran but still learning this offense.  I would expect to see the first option.

Manning is good at adjusting protections though.  If it becomes an issue than a TE will be over there.

So how's come everybody isn't on the fire Manusky bandwagon like they are the fire Pep bandwagon for being too predictable?

It's not anything against you or anything you've said, just wondering why there are so many ready to send Pep out the door and not many lining up to run Manusky out of town for his ineffective defensive play calling.

I think for the Colts to have any chance at all in stopping Peyton, they will need to blitz him constantly(since our pass rush is a joke) and hope the dbs can play excellent tight coverage on their receivers. Peyton like any qb will get a little rattled if hes under constant pressure, and just maybe that might throw him off a little bit. Just a thought, can't think of anything else that might throw him off his normal routine of picking teams apart.

The man DOES have 100 career sacks, so he must be doing something right... I don't get this, how do some people call themselves fans and then do nothing but bash some of the strongest areas on the team?  I'll never understand some people's kids.... When Joseph Addai was still here, people did nothing but bash him and he had a thousand yard season that year... some people are just never happy... smdh

I am not for one minute buying into the "makeshift line is going to allow our pass rush to clobber Peyton" mess. It's the offense that is going to have to win this one. They have to make the plays that extend drives and get into the end zone. Keeping Manning on the sideline is still the best chance any team has to beat him, despite what he did to Miami in '09.

That takes some of the pressure off of the defense and maybe they can make a key stop or two and win it.

Im almost to the point of beileving we need to blitz every down, yes 100% of the time. I can't even call our pass rush a pass rush because that would be offensive to pass rushers.

No, In indy we produce pass dust

Pass Dust - Insignificant obstacle en route to unattainable aspirations

I do not think you want to blitz Peyton, he would tear us apart.  I do agree that our pass rush leaves a lot to be desired.

Denver's line is well beyond make-shift. Our center was the 3rd string center coming into training camp. He was playing guard at the beginning of camp, and 2 centers were lost 2 injury. Clady is out, and Chris Clark, who had never started a game before the season is the starting left tackle. Orlando Franklin will be out this week, so our right guard will be playing tackle. The only true starter playing his position on Denver's line Sunday night will be left guard Zane Beadles.

So how's come everybody isn't on the fire Manusky bandwagon like they are the fire Pep bandwagon for being too predictable?

It's not anything against you or anything you've said, just wondering why there are so many ready to send Pep out the door and not many lining up to run Manusky out of town for his ineffective defensive play calling.

Im one of the ones that does NOT want to send Pep out of the door. I have not been happy with Manusy much at all this season but at the same time he is playing with guys that have not been able to execute either, Mathis for all the sacks he gets gives all those yards right back because he is useless against the run, Toler while he does make an occasional play on the ball gets picked on way to much but what I woul like to know is the average of yards per catch he has given up this season

yet denver's 32nd ranked pass defense have to deal with Hilton, Wayne, DHB, Fleener, TRick and Brown. look for hilton and fleener to make big plays in this game. what makes this game even better is the chances look good for Landry to be back also. 

I can see it now. Luck drops back to pass and here comes von miller. Luck shakes him off and launches the ball downfield to a wide open Coby Fleener.The ball lands perfectly in his hands and he drops it lol.

It's not exactly makeshift.  Left tackle, left guard, and center are same as previous games.  The difference will be on the right side.  There are two options with how they treat right guard/right tackle.  One is to move Vasquez from guard to tackle, and put Chris Kuper in at guard.  Kuper was a very good guard for us in the past and former team captain (just had some injury issues).  Vasquez has been maybe our best lineman this year... not sure about the transition but he has at least practiced a lot at tackle and looked fine last week against the Jags when he did so.

The second option would be to keep Vasquez at right guard and put Winston Justice in at right tackle, whom they signed several weeks ago.  He's a veteran but still learning this offense.  I would expect to see the first option.

Manning is good at adjusting protections though.  If it becomes an issue than a TE will be over there.

wait is that the same justice that was on colts last year? If so I'd say attack him.

Denver's line is well beyond make-shift. Our center was the 3rd string center coming into training camp. He was playing guard at the beginning of camp, and 2 centers were lost 2 injury. Clady is out, and Chris Clark, who had never started a game before the season is the starting left tackle. Orlando Franklin will be out this week, so our right guard will be playing tackle. The only true starter playing his position on Denver's line Sunday night will be left guard Zane Beadles.

The bit about Ramirez is false. He was the starting center immediately after last season ended. He took every minicamp and offseason workout snap with Peyton, and every training camp snap as well. He's been the 1st string center since February.

I think for the Colts to have any chance at all in stopping Peyton, they will need to blitz him constantly(since our pass rush is a joke) and hope the dbs can play excellent tight coverage on their receivers. Peyton like any qb will get a little rattled if hes under constant pressure, and just maybe that might throw him off a little bit. Just a thought, can't think of anything else that might throw him off his normal routine of picking teams apart.

Listen to Lucky....You cannot cover all 4 of their receivers..

You to blitz and make him hurry..and I'd put Vontae Davis on Wes Welker

This article says Louis Vasquez, their Center, moves over to RT.

Manning said Vasquez has never played the position before.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24303249/orlando-franklin-injured-louis-vasquez-moves-over-broncos

Vasquez, is strating RG, when franklin went down in 3rd qrter he moved to RT for first time ever & OG kupewr came in for first time since second surgewry and was limping after the game

Main Tackle at 1 v backup is Clark but he is replacing Clady already, only other Tackle is ex Colt Winston Justice who may or may not know peytons offese yet

This would be Vasquez first game ever if he starts at RT as a starter, again as a sub last week for 1.5 qrtrs was first time ever at RT

alot depends also on how well Kuper feels and if he can last a whole game

I expect Mathis to attack either side at tackle & win

also I want Luck to throw to Reggie, Reggie has always beaten Bailey, Bailey adnmitted he was rusty last week his first game back

Bailey also said when wayne beat him it was Peyton making those crazy throws and he sais Luck can make them too and also says Luck can run for it if he has the recivers covered

I posted all this elswhere with links , cant look upp now, are from varying articles

Finally ayers & woodward probably will play though have been limited so far in practice, no idea about today, and they both missed last week, Both are lkey parts of Denver d and if partialy hurt that helps 

Miller had added 15 pounds of muscle & lost some body fats  & says is just as fast, but proibably as first game back will be rusty   

Listen to Lucky....You cannot cover all 4 of their receivers..

You to blitz and make him hurry..and I'd put Vontae Davis on Wes Welker

I think Butler could cover Welker. just as long as we keep Tollar away from covering Thomas or Welker big yardage plays wont happen. just saying he looked bad against san diego, he couldn't cover a rookie for the life of him