Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brazill returns

tony1287

Could we possibly see what brazill could do returning kicks this week? David Reed has been putrid to say the least and I know brazill has speed to take it to the house. I know he had fumbling problems back there last year but it has to be better than what reed has done. We can't keep starting our drives inside our own 20... very easy to get backed up in a hurry. Just wondered if this was a realistic possibility

Could we possibly see what brazill could do returning kicks this week? David Reed has been putrid to say the least and I know brazill has speed to take it to the house. I know he had fumbling problems back there last year but it has to be better than what reed has done. We can't keep starting our drives inside our own 20... very easy to get backed up in a hurry. Just wondered if this was a realistic possibility

I hope so.  But since they didn't release Reed when they brought Brazil back, I doubt it.

Reed may be a good returner, but he either has no common sense or isn't being coached.  I can't believe the team gives him the green light to return when he catches the ball 9 yards deep.

I hope he can get another shot because Reed tries to be Superman on every return.

But the last time Brazill returned a kick he fumbled which was the 1st game vs Bears. I honestly don't remember him ever returning another kick after that.

Just looked it up and Brazill didn't return another kick after he fumbled, he had 3 returns vs Bears and that was it for the season

I am always amazed at who becomes the forum whipping boy and how quickly it happens. Clearly now it is Reed's turn. But I think it is misplaced - just everyone piling on. He has had a small handful of returns - not nearly enough to make a definitive statement about what he can do for Indy. Plus they got him in exchange for a player who had absolutely no chance to make the team. And then he is kept over Guy - the nerve!

Now I don't think he is a world-beater. Just that the disillusion over him is over-the-top and premature at best.

There is a good fan blog about Reed on Stampede Blue http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/10/9/4818998/the-case-for-david-reed-as-a-kick-returner. Reed is a better returner than Brazill.

I've yet to see a game where Reed returned a kick. That or I wasn't paying attention. Did Reed play vs the 49ers? Only game I've seen this year and don't remember him

Brazill coming back I don't know about. We rarely run more than 3 WR's. So we'll see what he does come Monday

I've yet to see a game where Reed returned a kick. That or I wasn't paying attention. Did Reed play vs the 49ers? Only game I've seen this year and don't remember him

Brazill coming back I don't know about. We rarely run more than 3 WR's. So we'll see what he does come Monday

Reed returned a few against Seattle. Took them from 7-8 yards deep in the end zone and never reached the 20. It was incredibly frustrating.

I am always amazed at who becomes the forum whipping boy and how quickly it happens. Clearly now it is Reed's turn. But I think it is misplaced - just everyone piling on. He has had a small handful of returns - not nearly enough to make a definitive statement about what he can do for Indy. Plus they got him in exchange for a player who had absolutely no chance to make the team. And then he is kept over Guy - the nerve!

Now I don't think he is a world-beater. Just that the disillusion over him is over-the-top and premature at best.

If he has one great return, he'll be a favorite.  What bugs me about him is that he keeps making the same mistake.  He's 8 or 9 yards deep but insists on taking it out.  I can see that happening once, but learn from it.  His return average is probably a lot higher than our average starting position.

You'd think they'd have a hard and fast rule, anything more than three yards back you kneel down.

Reed returned a few against Seattle. Took them from 7-8 yards deep in the end zone and never reached the 20. It was incredibly frustrating.

Didn't see the Seattle game live but watched the NFL replay. They cut out the kickoffs unless it's a big one. But judging by our starting field position on some drives i was saying a bad return must've happened or a penalty happened. Now I know who's the culprit

Didn't see the Seattle game live but watched the NFL replay. They cut out the kickoffs unless it's a big one. But judging by our starting field position on some drives i was saying a bad return must've happened or a penalty happened. Now I know who's the culprit

He had one return that went past the 20 but there was a hold. I was at the game and everyone cheered when he finally took a knee on a kickoff.

He had one return that went past the 20 but there was a hold. I was at the game and everyone cheered when he finally took a knee on a kickoff.

It's funny you say that because I remember hearing the crowd cheering through the tv when he took a knee lol. I couldn't believe he kept taking them out from 8-9 yards deep. Then again he doesn't see any playing time so he just wants to shine anytime he touches the ball.

I liked Deji Karim over Reed.

I never understood why we didn't bring karim back... He didn't even return many kicks for us since he signed late in the season, but he clearly made an impact. Oh and he actually ran one back against houston. We complain when we don't have an explosive returner but we get rid of the one that showed potential and actually produced...

Even my 7 year old niece who knows nothing about football asked me "Why he running it from way back there?"

It's funny you say that because I remember hearing the crowd cheering through the tv when he took a knee lol. I couldn't believe he kept taking them out from 8-9 yards deep. Then again he doesn't see any playing time so he just wants to shine anytime he touches the ball.

Yeah I can understand his thought process. He believes he can break one, but after a few failed attempts I'm sure the coaches had a talk with him. At least I hope they did. It was painful seeing the Seahawks start around the 35 while we were starting around the 15-20 in that first half. Of course a lot of that was because we weren't moving the ball at all in the first quarter.

It would be nice and a big momentum boost if we could just get a big return every now and then. Not even a touchdown just a start at the 40 or midfield would help tremendously. It gives the offense a way better oppurtunity to get things rolling and building momentum

Thank you, he has plenty of time to show his true return ability (if he remains on the team through the year)....its crazy how people are writing him off already, smh.

Thank you, he has plenty of time to show his true return ability (if he remains on the team through the year)....its crazy how people are writing him off already, smh.

When he repeatedly made the same mistake over and over again and not letting us at least start at the 20, yeah people are going to want to make a change.

When he repeatedly made the same mistake over and over again and not letting us at least start at the 20, yeah people are going to want to make a change.

I understand where you're coming from but from what I can see everyone is basing this off of one game..wonder what'll be said if he returns a deep kick for a TD..it'll be a GLAD TO HAVE DAVID REED thread! lol

I understand where you're coming from but from what I can see everyone is basing this off of one game..wonder what'll be said if he returns a deep kick for a TD..it'll be a GLAD TO HAVE DAVID REED thread! lol

Yea I understand your point too. I do want to see him succeed and make our team better. In the end, him improving our team and helping us win games is all that matters

What if the guy wanted to see if he could hang on the team by proving that he could get it done by bringing the ball out. How do we know that the ST's coach didn't say to him..."Give it another shot, kid".

Some times I think the length of attention span and faith around here will eventually become play to play.

Play by play: Richardson up the middle for 6 yards

Fans posting: I think he is gonna be awesome

the very next play

Play by play:  And they catch Trent in the backfield

Fans posting: I told you he is just average

the very next play

Play by play: TRich breaks free for an 11 yard gain and a first down

Fans posting:What a steal for a first round pick

the very next play

Play by play: Ooooo, Trent just seemed to get nowhere on that play

Fans posting: See....another waste of a first round pick...

What if the guy wanted to see if he could hang on the team by proving that he could get it done by bringing the ball out. How do we know that the ST's coach didn't say to him..."Give it another shot, kid".

Some times I think the length of attention span and faith around here will eventually become play to play.

Play by play: Richardson up the middle for 6 yards

Fans posting: I think he is gonna be awesome

the very next play

Play by play: And they catch Trent in the backfield

Fans posting: I told you he is just average

the very next play

Play by play: TRich breaks free for an 11 yard gain and a first down

Fans posting:What a steal for a first round pick

the very next play

Play by play: Ooooo, Trent just seemed to get nowhere on that play

Fans posting: See....another waste of a first round pick...

Dear god please no.....

It's already like that just game to game. I couldn't handle it play to play.........

For the life of me, I can't understand this.  You do realize that even the best of returners get tackled before the 20 sometimes?  I am sure that Reed and the coaches don't believe, at least not yet, that he will get knocked down prior to the 20 everytime.  They think he can break one and the only way to do that is to bring it out.  So saying it is "mistake" is simply not accurate even if the results were not what was hoped for.

I never understood why we didn't bring karim back... He didn't even return many kicks for us since he signed late in the season, but he clearly made an impact. Oh and he actually ran one back against houston. We complain when we don't have an explosive returner but we get rid of the one that showed potential and actually produced...

You and me both..