Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Football Outsiders: Colts have the best run blocking O-line through first two weeks.

Dustin

wonder how we will look with our interior being thornton, mcglynn, and link this week?

i doubt it is going to be good

why would Link play?

Also, I don't know if you saw the chart at the bottom, but we have a top 10 YPC everywhere, not just in between the tackles.

Are they counting Luck's runs?

Nope.

Why are these rankings different from the team offense DVOA ratings for rushing? Among other reasons, they don't include quarterbacks or fumbles, long runs are truncated, and a different set of adjustments is used, attempting to isolate line play rather than total team offense.

When you run enough 6 OL and 1 WR formations, there has to be a positive somewhere. With Trent now added, I hope it can continue with 5 OL, 1-2 personnel with 2 WRs, 1 RB, and 2 TEs/HBs. If that happens and we are top 10 still, I will be a real happy person.

with a good run blocking o-line T. Richarson with a hole can be a beast, once to second level he is so strong no arm tackle will get him, 

That and with the fact of the Colts having a real FB should work well. If the running game can continue to get better Luck will get some relief on the pressure put on him. With TRich and Bradshaw feeding off of each other it could be something special. I for one am very excited with this TRich trade after Ballard went down. If Ballard can come back next season we should have a three headed running monster. 

That and with the fact of the Colts having a real FB should work well. If the running game can continue to get better Luck will get some relief on the pressure put on him. With TRich and Bradshaw feeding off of each other it could be something special. I for one am very excited with this TRich trade after Ballard went down. If Ballard can come back next season we should have a three headed running monster. 

Yes with a lead blocker and a run blocking 0-line holes should open up , and as Colts want to finally have a power run game , something peyton never had in later years, it should dramatically help play action as well as Lucks running ability if needed when defenders over commit to T Richardson , and play fake pass or run pending what is seen

It always amazes me that with such a bad run game post sb 41 era, Defenders still bit on Peyton play action, can u imagine if he had a run game to, the bites would of been more frequent and bigger, that is more DB's at once all biting freeing up many for Peyton to pick best to pass to

This is what I envision for Luck, it may not come instantly buit will in   time

Bye enjoy the game, may not be back on 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Its funny...we were all fairly excited about our trio going in to the season with Bradshaw/Ballard/Brown, and we just replaced darnit Donald with TRENT FREAKIN" RICHARDSON...throw in Havili as a very good lead blocker, and Luck as a threat to run.  Man if we can really focus on building this oline now, we soon will be able to dominate teams up front.

Okay I'll say it: the part of my colts brain related to oline play is very skeptical of this statistic. But if that's what the experts say than I'll more than take it. If this is true than theoretically we should have the best offense in football: top 7ish qb, #1 run blocking line, and as pointed out to me "graciously" by seemingly everyone in this forum a new runningback who has the most potential since adrien Peterson. Saying I'm excited is an understatement.

What I've been saying for two weeks now that while the line isn't where we want it in pass protection they have improved in run blocking.  I will say they didn't do as good of a job namely in the second half at running the ball last week after Thomas went out of the game.  Hopefully that's just an adjustment thing. 

What I've been saying for two weeks now that while the line isn't where we want it in pass protection they have improved in run blocking. I will say they didn't do as good of a job namely in the second half at running the ball last week after Thomas went out of the game. Hopefully that's just an adjustment thing.

Not really gonna matter. No one really runs on the 49ers. Hopefully Pep Hamilton sticks to his logic he made in the off-season where he said we'll attack the defense's weakness.

I'm hoping we pass to set the run up and not vice versa tomorrow

Not really gonna matter. No one really runs on the 49ers. Hopefully Pep Hamilton sticks to his logic he made in the off-season where he said we'll attack the defense's weakness.

I'm hoping we pass to set the run up and not vice versa tomorrow

We just spent a first round pick to get a running back we are going to try to run the ball tomorrow.  Now with that said you might very well see some play action passes early based on the 49ers expecting that especially if Hilton can give it a go Sunday. 

This thread blows me away.. I knew we had been doing pretty well there, but I didn't realize we were top 3. That's great.. and I think this will slowly start to help Luck as weird as that sounds. Luck was dominate at Stanford, and their offense was built on running the football and letting an elite QB like Luck play off of that. We have Stanford's OC, a RB that is a much better fit for this offense than any RB we have had or that Stanford had during Luck's career there (Taylor was good, but not T-Rich good), and we have enough of weapons in the passing game for Luck and company to be able to exploit teams after we establish the run early in games. People don't realize what this offense can turn into..