Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson, starter?

BlueCollarColts

I would just like to be a fly on the wall in the mind of Vic Ballard. I'm sure he is really wondering what his future will be on this team

I'm sure he's less than thrilled. It is however about the team. I doubt Brown or Bradshaw come back after this year (perhaps Brown on a huge discount as a 3rd rb). If TRich and Ballard split carries like 60-40 or 65-35 then we could pose a lot of danger to opposing defenses.

I'm sure he's less than thrilled. It is however about the team. I doubt Brown or Bradshaw come back after this year (perhaps Brown on a huge discount as a 3rd rb). If TRich and Ballard split carries like 60-40 or 65-35 then we could pose a lot of danger to opposing defenses.

I agree with you. I always saw Bradshaw as a stop gap really, to aid Ballard's growth. I imagine we keep Ballard and form a good 1-2 punch

Guest TeamLoloJones

I agree with you. I always saw Bradshaw as a stop gap really, to aid Ballard's growth. I imagine we keep Ballard and form a good 1-2 punch

I would love to have Bradshaw come back, if he kept coming back for 1 yr deals for less than he did this year.  That with TRich and Ballard, throw in Havili and a slowly improving o-line...WOW that is a scary backfield.

I would just like to be a fly on the wall in the mind of Vic Ballard. I'm sure he is really wondering what his future will be on this team

Richardson won't really have anything to do with Ballard.  It's Bradshaw and Brown that will be the odd men out.  I imagine next year it will be Richardson, Ballard and Williams.  Richardson simply takes Bradshaw's role, and Williams takes over Brown's role.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Ballard played his best ball when he was closing out games last year.  I think that would be his role when he comes back plus sprinkle in a few first half carries to spell TRich once in a while.  We've seen time and time again how running teams can crumble when their feature back goes off the field...Vikes, Jags, etc... so having a guy like Ballard as our #2 will is vital to the running game

I think he will get limited plays, mostly as a pass blocker. Pep Hamilton knows he needs to use him because he will take a lot of flak otherwise not only from Colts fans, but the entire league. Tons of eyes are now on the Colts. We've made front headline news. We just did the biggest trade of the season thus far. If Trent is not used at least sparingly, there will be drama, and Pep doesn't want that.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Richardson won't really have anything to do with Ballard.  It's Bradshaw and Brown that will be the odd men out.  I imagine next year it will be Richardson, Ballard and Williams.  Richardson simply takes Bradshaw's role, and Williams takes over Brown's role.

I still think Bradshaw could be a good player to keep after next year if he wants to stay for cheap, his blocking alone makes him an asset on 3rd downs.