Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Its Donald Brown's time

oldunclemark

He's what we have..Bradshaw is very good but cant be relied on...

.....he's had some good games...we've discussed it many times....he's still carrying that No.1 tag

..which makes just good no good....and we need another good game tomorrow...against a fairly good defense, I think

Cant be 1-1 heading for SF and Seattle.

You'll come around and get down with Brown

Nicely said. The bolded part makes me think of the godfather of funk......

"Get on uppa......on the scene"

"Get on uppa......like a ground machine"

"Get on uppa......a Donald Brown machine"

"Should we take it to the house fellas?" "Yea"

"Just like we did at the start........hit it!"

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting to see what Donnie is going to do this game.  The couple times I saw him in the preseason he had some

pretty nice little runs.  I think he'll be productive tommorow, although as a whole I'm unsure how productive the running

game is going to be in general against the Dolphins. It was very hard to get anything going against them last year until

late in the game when Vick broke off a couple good runs.  We'll see!

I though Bradshaw looked fine. If he wasn't I don't know why they would give him carries and none to Brown.

I agree.  I thought Bradshaw looked fine out there, just didn't get enough carries, or the blocking was bad on some of the ones he did get.  He did have  a nice run here and there.

Lord help our Colts...

I remember those days, and oh that song.  Bob and Tom, I miss you guys

If the line can create some kind of lanes for D.Brown we could see him have success especially with Havili in the FB position to aid him in his block efforts.  He is showcasing for next year because his replacement was just activated from the practice squad.

Exactly. The brown love is insane and based on draft status only

What about those of us who never thought he was worthy of a first round pick, but don't think he's an absolute bum? I don't love him, I think he's an average running back. He is pretty much what he's shown himself to be at this point, a guy who is inconsistent and struggles to stay healthy, but can also be a legitimate piece of a multi-back rushing attack. I don't expect him to be a bell cow back.

He is average at best in catching and below average as a blocker.  He was beat out by a rookie last year and has never looked like a starting rb

Brown wasn't beat out by a rookie last year. He got hurt. Before that he was starting. Ballard deserved to keep the starting job after Brown came back (and then Brown wound up on IR, so it was a moot point).

Also, all the observation stats have Donald Brown rated as a very good pass blocker. Let got of the Youtube video. Every rookie back struggles in pass pro. Brown has gotten significantly better since then.

I agree.  I thought Bradshaw looked fine out there, just didn't get enough carries, or the blocking was bad on some of the ones he did get.  He did have  a nice run here and there.

If Bradshaw was fine, he'd have gotten the majority of carries. He's a 1,000-yard guy. We didn't sign  him to sit behind Vic Ballard and Donald Brown

Nicely said. The bolded part makes me think of the godfather of funk......

"Get on uppa......like a ground machine"

"Get on uppa......a Donald Brown machine"

"Just like we did at the start........hit it!"

I am officialy requesting  copyrighted permission to send this to the NFL network..

...to use for the sound track...when they do their hour 'A Football Life, "Donald Brown"

If Bradshaw was fine, he'd have gotten the majority of carries. He's a 1,000-yard guy. We didn't sign  him to sit behind Vic Ballard and Donald Brown

I don't believe that to be true at all. Ballard would have gotten just as many or more carries than Bradshaw imo

Then you think we did sign Bradshaw to sit behind Vic Ballard?

No. To split carries. He would have prob gotten more carries as the season progressed...why use a veteran RB up early in the season.

It's not like they signed Bradshaw to significant money.

If youre right..(and if Ahmad is right) then he'll get the majority of the carries against Miami..

I really think that you sign RBs to start....and take the majority of the touches

As much as I like Brown..Bradshaw has 1,000-yard seasons...and I'd like to see him have another

I think he was brought here to carry the load ...but he's just not always healthy ...we'll see Sunday afternoon

Now i'll just nitpick on something you said. I really don't think he is a quality blocker, i would say apart from Bradshaw all our RB's are terrible at pass protection.

But i do agree Brown will have a good year. It is his contract year isnt it? And i honestly think with Havilli on the field, that extra block he needs makes Brown look like a 1st round pick imo. Still i'm not convinced about him when there isn't a fb on the field though.

Now i'll just nitpick on something you said. I really don't think he is a quality blocker, i would say apart from Bradshaw all our RB's are terrible at pass protection.

But i do agree Brown will have a good year. It is his contract year isnt it? And i honestly think with Havilli on the field, that extra block he needs makes Brown look like a 1st round pick imo. Still i'm not convinced about him when there isn't a fb on the field though.

Ballard is a real good pass blocker or rather looked like in that first game he turned himself into one.

Brown is above average to good.

If Brown was drafted in the third round this place would love him, don't hate him because the previous regime drafted him too high

And exactly why would you do that when he hadn't practiced for the entire preseason?  Do you really think he would have the stamina? He's coming off of an injury Mark.  Why would he need to do that over another back that was 200 yards shy of 1000 last year?  Don't you think he would have gotten more carries if we had more possessions?

Ballard is a real good pass blocker or rather looked like in that first game he turned himself into one.

Brown is above average to good.

If Brown was drafted in the third round this place would love him, don't hate him because the previous regime drafted him too high

Forgot about Ballard, he's quite good as well.

But i'm not hating on Brown, i quite like him and want him to do well. It's just imho he is a poor pass blocker, eg. The peyton "god dammit donald" play, and the game against the dolphins today, the time he got the fumble recovery. I'm almost certain it was his man that caused the fumble and from the replay it actually looked like he blocked one of o lineman. He is quite good at running but he needs a block imo.

Just like Vic Ballard flourished when Brown got hurt last season.

Its Donald Brown's time now.

Ahmad Bradshaw is unlikely to play 75% of the snaps....

Brown is a quality blocker and a secure ballhandler...and he's the big play back..

Last year of his contract.....his time is now....He was very good in the pre-season...and they threw him the ball..

He's healthy....He certainly wasnt overworked in week one...and this is a (home, conference) game we cannot lose ...if we're going to make the playoffs.

I feel a big game coming.

Bradshaw is looking good also. Run the ball more Pep. Run the ball & set up the play action game. That could be awesome

He's a better blocker than Vic Ballard..

...but that's a moot point now....

he has strengths and I hope we can exploit them.

We're facing some good defenses this month 

What I saw was the Donald Brown blocking I have seen for his entire career. He is pathetic and he should be cut.