Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marvelous Marvin Harrison Stat.

Dark Superman

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 6, 2013 - quoting/referencing removed post
Hidden by Nadine, September 6, 2013 - quoting/referencing removed post

I'm ok with that

me and hernandez are no longer on speaking terms

Man crush, huh?!? You Patriots are too easily dupped. Break out a pint of your favorite ice cream, and carry on... my wayward son.

He was awesome - for some reason I like Reggie better and think Reggie is better. I don't know why I feel like that.

Your not the only one.

Reggie is great, but Marvin was on another level

What is it about Marvin that is so much better (not directed at you specifically) just want to know because I feel i'm in the minority in thinking that 87 after all is said and done will be better than 88

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 6, 2013 - quoting/referencing removed post
Hidden by Nadine, September 6, 2013 - quoting/referencing removed post

To all the guys feeding the troll. SG has been on my ignore list for so long I forgot he existed, if ya do the same and just ignore him, he will get mad that the troll is starving and leave. Simply put. Reported him all the same though haha.

He was awesome - for some reason I like Reggie better and think Reggie is better. I don't know why I feel like that.

You didn't get to watch Marvin did you?

What is it about Marvin that is so much better (not directed at you specifically) just want to know because I feel i'm in the minority in thinking that 87 after all is said and done will be better than 88

Lets just say on Sunday Reggie needs 134 catches, 1500+ yards and 50 touchdown to match Marvin on a per game production basis. This is also on top of the fact Harrison didn't have an elite QB his first 3 years. While Reggie has always had one, sans the Painter Experience. And the Luck rookie season can't be an excuse either. Marvin had to go through Peyton's rookie year.

Your not the only one.

Marvin is a top five wr all time. I always hate this argument because Reggie is one if my all time favorites. But Marvin was a freak. Great speed, great hands , unreal route runner

i think reggie benefitted greatly from playing alongside marvin all those years. it was obvious as his game developed

marvin is the prototype than wayne strives to be. wayne does have better hands though

Wayne has better hands over Marvin?

Have you ever seen Marvin play? The guy was known for his great hands.. Possibly top 10 in history. He was also faster and a better route runner than Reggie.

Harrison's hands are head and shoulders above Wayne's.

Have you ever seen Marvin play? The guy was known for his great hands.. Possibly top 10 in history. He was also faster and a better route runner than Reggie.

yeah i think wayne's hands are better. sometimes i swear he sprays glue on them

that's just my opinion & it's not an insult to marvin in any way. like i said, harrison is the prototype of everything you want similar to jerry rice

there are a lot of guys that can make more theatrical plays than harrison or rice, wayne included. doesn't make them better though

You didn't get to watch Marvin did you?

Lets just say on Sunday Reggie needs 134 catches, 1500+ yards and 50 touchdown to match Marvin on a per game production basis. This is also on top of the fact Harrison didn't have an elite QB his first 3 years. While Reggie has always had one, sans the Painter Experience. And the Luck rookie season can't be an excuse either. Marvin had to go through Peyton's rookie year.

Harrison is one of the greatest that ever played. But keep in mind that Wayne played 7 years behind Harrison. Had Wayne been a #1 receiver on another decent team his numbers would be much higher. In 2007 when Harrison missed 11 games Wayne had 104 catches, 9 TDs and 1,510 yards. Harrison played 2 seasons not 3 without Manning. Jim Harbaugh was not an elite QB but he wasn't a scrub either and was Harrisons QB his 1st two years. In 2009 Wayne also was in competition with Dallas Clark who had 100 catches, 1106 yards and 10 TDs. So in my opinion Wayne may not be as good as Harrison but add all these things I mentioned its not that far apart.

Reggie and Marv have always been fantastic route running, circus catching receivers. Marvin was faster, but the thing that made him so special was the defenses inability to read his route because he did the same thing the first 5 yards every single play regardless the route. Reggie's thing was he never disappeared in the playoffs minus 2010(But lets be real he was lined up next to Revis with bench-warmers behind him). Other than those 2 things it is a complete wash. Instead of trying to downgrade our fantastic recievers just sit back and rejoice the luck we have had at the qb and recieving side these past 15 years.

I mostly agree with you, but have seen this said a few times in this thread and needed to comment. I agree that Marvin was the better all around receiver, and he had the best hands I have ever seen. All that said, I believe that Reggie Wayne is the best route runner in NFL History. That is not a knock on Marvin because he ran great routes. I don't believe anyone who has ever suited up ran better routes than Reggie Wayne. 

And I have seen every Colts game each of them have played.

I mostly agree with you, but have seen this said a few times in this thread and needed to comment. I agree that Marvin was the better all around receiver, and he had the best hands I have ever seen. All that said, I believe that Reggie Wayne is the best route runner in NFL History. That is not a knock on Marvin because he ran great routes. I don't believe anyone who has ever suited up ran better routes than Reggie Wayne. 

And I have seen every Colts game each of them have played.

Greatest route runner ever?

I doubt that..

I still believe Harrison ran better routes..

Greatest route runner ever?

I doubt that..

I still believe Harrison ran better routes..

That is the power of opinion. Mine is backed up by substance, including Bill Polian, who said Reggie was the best route runner coming out of college in a very long time, and many agreed with him. Combine that with Reggie working with Peyton and Marvin, and it makes a good foundation for my opinion.

Now Reggie's hands; they were not very good his first couple of years, but he has become very consistent. 

That is the power of opinion. Mine is backed up by substance, including Bill Polian, who said Reggie was the best route runner coming out of college in a very long time, and many agreed with him. Combine that with Reggie working with Peyton and Marvin, and it makes a good foundation for my opinion.

Now Reggie's hands; they were not very good his first couple of years, but he has become very consistent.

That's just Bill Polian's opinion..

He addressed Reggie as the best route runner in a long time.. Not ever.

How could you have Reggie over Rice? I can't agree with you.

That's just Bill Polian's opinion..

He addressed Reggie as the best route runner in a long time.. Not ever.

How could you have Reggie over Rice? I can't agree with you.

Well there we have a difference of opinion, and I will leave it there knowing that you are wrong. ;)