Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marvelous Marvin Harrison Stat.

Dark Superman

Well there we have a difference of opinion, and I will it there knowing that you are wrong. ;)

I guarantee if you asked this forum who was a better route runner between Harrison and Wayne you would get a majority of the votes going to Marvin..

The ones who think Reggie will be the teenagers who aren't old enough to remember Harrison..

I guarantee if you asked this forum who was a better route runner between Harrison and Wayne you would get a majority of the votes going to Marvin..

The ones who think Reggie will be the teenagers who aren't old enough to remember Harrison..

Well this one is not a teenager. I have seen every game since 1984. Nice try though. ;)

Well this one is not a teenager. I have seen every game since 1984. Nice try though. ;)

Marvin was better than Reggie in every major aspect of the game.

Route running,hands,speed and his ability to find the end zone. Marvin was so explosive DBs were always on their hills and Harrison was always blowing them out of the water.

Marvin was quiet and primarily kept his emotions to himself..

Reggie is a better team leader though..

Marvin was better than Reggie in every major aspect of the game.

Route running,hands,speed and his ability to find the end zone. Marvin was so explosive DBs were always on their hills and Harrison was always blowing them out of the water.

Marvin was quiet and primarily kept his emotions to himself..

Reggie is a better team leader though..

As I said above, I agree with everything except the route running. Marvin was great at running routes, but in my book Reggie is the best route runner of all-time.

Who really cares? lol i get "its a forum bro" but It was awesome being able to watch both of them together, and to still see Reggie doing it now.

You guys are like females, I swear.

"Reggie" "no! Marvin" "nooo Reggie!"

Lol

That is a great stat though by Marv

Based on the nasty drivel you keep posting, it would seem being a 'female' is a better option if you are a typical 'male'...

Wow....Watched the highlight tape and I forgot just how good Marvin was!! It really makes me wonder how we didn';t win more Super Bowls with Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Jame, Saturday, Glenn and Manning.....Plus Mathis and Freeney on D...We had a super team and should have been a dynasty...

That's just Bill Polian's opinion..

He addressed Reggie as the best route runner in a long time.. Not ever.

How could you have Reggie over Rice? I can't agree with you.

Just because Rice owns all the receiving records doesn't automatically make him the best route runner in history. Rice had the benefit of playing a lot of years with two HOF QBs. Harrison, Largent, Carter and Alworth were all great route runners who at one time was considered the best. Tim Brown had just as good of talent as Rice but never never had a chance to show it. Even Jerry Rice said at one time that Brown had more pure talent than himself. 

Just because Rice owns all the receiving records doesn't automatically make him the best route runner in history. Rice had the benefit of playing a lot of years with two HOF QBs. Harrison, Largent, Carter and Alworth were all great route runners who at one time was considered the best. Tim Brown had just as good of talent as Rice but never never had a chance to show it. Even Jerry Rice said at one time that Brown had more pure talent than himself. 

I agree. As someone who has watched the Colts play several dozens of times live at the stadium, I have seen just about every great NFL receiver, over the past 30 years, visit the RCA Dome and Luke. It is much different watching the game live at the stadium than it is on TV. I can say without hesitation that I have never seen any receiver run routes as well as Reggie Wayne, and that includes Jerry Rice. Reggie is the best route runner ever.

I agree. As someone who has watched the Colts play several dozens of times live at the stadium, I have seen just about every great NFL receiver, over the past 30 years, visit the RCA Dome and Luke. It is much different watching the game live at the stadium than it is on TV. I can say without hesitation that I have never seen any receiver run routes as well as Reggie Wayne, and that includes Jerry Rice. Reggie is the best route runner ever.

I'll take the opinion of the dbs that tried too cover Marvin.

I'll take the opinion of the dbs that tried too cover Marvin.

What DB's do you know of that have said Marvin is a better route runner than Reggie. I would like to know who exactly said that and if they did then when? 

I am all about praising Marvin Harrison. I loved watching him play, and he should be a first ballot hall of famer.

Reggie Wayne is the best route runner I have ever seen, and I have seen just about every WR that can be considered great for the last 30 years. I would love to see a poll on this question from all NFL players, because I have no doubt that it would be a landslide victory for Reggie Wayne. If you are privileged enough to watch a live game at the stadium then focus on Reggie Wayne. He creates space like no one else, because his route running is precise and you can not tell which way he is going until he ends up there. It is an unbelievable sight. 

What DB's do you know of that have said Marvin is a better route runner than Reggie. I would like to know who exactly said that and if they did then when?

I am all about praising Marvin Harrison. I loved watching him play, and he should be a first ballot hall of famer.

Reggie Wayne is the best route runner I have ever seen, and I have seen just about every WR that can be considered great for the last 30 years. I would love to see a poll on this question from all NFL players, because I have no doubt that it would be a landslide victory for Reggie Wayne. If you are privileged enough to watch a live game at the stadium then focus on Reggie Wayne. He creates space like no one else, because his route running is precise and you can not tell which way he is going until he ends up there. It is an unbelievable sight.

i remember deion talking about trying to cover Marvin. He said Marvin was the second best route runner he ever played against. He said Jerry was the best

i remember deion talking about trying to cover Marvin. He said Marvin was the second best route runner he ever played against. He said Jerry was the best

Sorry, Reggie used to run some nice timing routes with Peyton, givin years of practice with PM MOST could.

Reggie now pretty much just finds holes in the D, not doing a lot of faking.

Like 88 incomplete passes thrown his way last season, a bit of a Gagger.

As our Young Team is building cohession this season, it looks like Andrew will over target Reggie again this season, no doubt somewhat out of respect, and those HANDS! haha! Just part of it i guess.

Not saying he was the best route runner ever..

Just saying I believe he's better than Wayne.