Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just got cut, I would sign him!?

I we were going to carry Harnish on the active roster, I would cut Harnish and sign Tebow.  Not that Tebow is 1/20 the QB of Harnish.  But Tebow is like unstoppable of short yardage situations.

I hope this is tongue in cheek, otherwise you just lost A LOT of credibility.

Seahawks waived their 4th rounder Chris Harper...

From Rotoworld:

Seahawks waived WR Chris Harper.

It's just the latest example of "everyone competes" in Seattle, but it's still extremely unusual for a team to cut ties with a fourth-round pick after only four months. Harper was badly out-played by second-year UDFA WR Jermaine Kearse, however, and it cost him his roster spot. The Seahawks will now try to stash Harper on the practice squad, but there's a strong chance he'll get claimed. Standing in at 6-foot-1, 229 pounds, Harper posted a 4.55 40-yard dash and 35.5-inch vertical leap at the Combine. He also recorded the highest Wonderlic of any receiver.

I we were going to carry Harnish on the active roster, I would cut Harnish and sign Tebow.  Not that Tebow is 1/20 the QB of Harnish.  But Tebow is like unstoppable of short yardage situations.

So what you are going to take Luck off the field and put Tebow on the field in those situations because Tebow's made it clear he wants to be a QB if he's going to be in the NFL.  So I don't think he would sign with us if we said hey you are going to be the emergency QB and the short yardage back.  Also that would mean he would have to be active on game days and with us having a fullback I don't think we can use the roster spots to have a three QBs active and a fullback active.  Also I would rather take my chances with Luck and fullback in short yardage situations than taking Luck off the field.  It's one thing to do that if your QB is someone like Mark Sanchez it's another to do it when you have one of the franchise QBs in the NFL.  Luck gives you options as well, you can throw or run in those situations.  Tebow coming in would pretty much mean it's a run, as good as Tebow is in those situations but if NFL defenses see something long enough sooner or later the figure it out. 

I doubt we'll get him back, but Dejii Karim got cut.

Give it a couple of weeks, if Reed comes back and is not effective returning kicks then my guess is once Brazil is done with his suspension Reed goes to make room on the roster for him meaning the Colts would then need a kick return.  Williams might get called back up to the roster if no one else picks him up by then but they might also go get someone like Karim then though.