Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you like our uniforms?

Ohio Colt

I LOVE them....

Got me thinking when I saw this

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/9561234/uni-watch-power-rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122

We are ranked too low. I think we have one of the top 10 uniforms in sports, love that we've never really made much of a change. Love the classic look and feel through the years and while all these teams are making huge changes, we stay with classic.

Got to give them thumbs up

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE them....

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/9561234/uni-watch-power-rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122

We are ranked too low. I think we have one of the top 10 uniforms in sports, love that we've never really made much of a change. Love the classic look and feel through the years and while all these teams are making huge changes, we stay with classic.

And that is why we are ranked so low.  I think it is time for a change. I am tired of the same old same old.  I know a lot of you are going to say that “these are classic don’t change a thing. I love them. Timeless.” Well I say that with that attitude we should all still be driving model T’s and wearing leisure suits

And that is why we are ranked so low.  I think it is time for a change. I am tired of the same old same old.  I know a lot of you are going to say that “these are classic don’t change a thing. I love them. Timeless.” Well I say that with that attitude we should all still be driving model T’s and wearing leisure suits

The top of that list is basically a bunch of old school uniforms

Very funny, I agree 100%.  The Colts cleaned house with everything else in the last 2 years, why not a uniform change.  Go Colts!!!

You don't need to change legend. 

We're definitely in the minority, but I don't like them either.  The thing that bugs me is we only have 2 colors and one of them is white.   Yeah I know some will say that light grey is our "3rd color" but yeah, not really...that's the color of the facemask and that's it. Every team has white in some fashion included in their uniform so I don't think it should be one of our only 2 colors.  It's like we only have one real color.  It also doesn't help that blue and white were the colors of my high school too. 

I would like to see a third color added and actually used on the jersey and/or pants., even if it's just some black here and there.  

even something like this would be a nice change up, though I'd prefer some black on the jersey too, even if it's just a black stripe instead of white between the 2 blue stripes on the shoulder.  

130429114035-david-cutcliffe-top-single-

this could be an alternate jersey

134516730_duke-blue-devils-colosseum-foo

I like this one a lot too...but move the stripes to the shoulder instead of sleeve (same with the one above)

542120542120.jpg

in other words, just check out the different variations of Duke's jerseys for ideas of what we could do :)

We're definitely in the minority, but I don't like them either.  The thing that bugs me is we only have 2 colors and one of them is white.   Yeah I know some will say that light grey is our "3rd color" but yeah, not really...that's the color of the facemask and that's it. Every team has white in some fashion included in their uniform so I don't think it should be one of our only 2 colors.  It's like we only have one real color.  It also doesn't help that blue and white were the colors of my high school too. 

I would like to see a third color added and actually used on the jersey and/or pants., even if it's just some black here and there.  

I like what we have. There is no mistakes when anyone sees them. The blue helmet was first worn in 1954 with the horseshoe on the back of the helmet. The first white helmet with the horseshoe on the back was in 1956. In 1957 the horseshoe was put on the sides. In 1995 the blue facemask was used till 2003. 

I LOVE them....

Why top 10 how about number #1?

Nice to see so many on here defending them. Sometimes these threads get a little loopy.

The problem that I always have with these conversations is that it was the uniforms which had a lot to do with my

deciding to root for the Colts in the first place. They are perfect.

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, but when you've been watching "perfect" for decades it's a bit disconcerting to hear from other's that decided to root for the same team I did, but are now saying "I'm bored, lets change the uniforms". I can't help but think that perhaps you should have picked a team to root for whose teams you actually liked in the first place.

I'm sure that a knee jerk reaction to that comment might be "I'm from Indy, they are my team". Well I'm from New Jersey, and the Jets/Giants/Eagles are NOT my teams - partially because I didn't like their uniforms. It's not the be all and end all, but I can't fathom rooting for a team when you are repelled by the sight of them.

I'm sure that a knee jerk reaction to that comment might be "it's just a uniform man, that's not a big reason in picking a team". To which I say - then why are you so worried about the issue in the first place? I couldn't care less that you are bored. Often the most enthusiastic complainers are of a generation where having garish uniforms that change colors every ten minutes is required to keep up with their attention spans. Why not just leave it alone and find something else to play with - such as the color saturation, brightness and contrast settings buttons on your tv set. That should actually solve two problems at once.

That's a little bit tongue in cheek by the way. I realize that some long time fans advocate minor tweeks while still respecting the theme - to each his own. SOME, however, basically want uniforms that are a cross between what the Oregon Ducks and Maryland Terrapins would wear - if featured in a SB half-time show with Lady Gaga. Just STOP already.

even something like this would be a nice change up, though I'd prefer some black on the jersey too, even if it's just a black stripe instead of white between the 2 blue stripes on the shoulder.  

in other words, just check out the different variations of Duke's jerseys for ideas of what we could do :)

I've got to say I do like the Duke jerseys. 

130429114035-david-cutcliffe-top-single-

this could be an alternate jersey

134516730_duke-blue-devils-colosseum-foo

I like this one a lot too...but move the stripes to the shoulder instead of sleeve (same with the one above)

542120542120.jpg

Duke sucks, and you don't mess with somethings like the Colts uniform... ever.