Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade Delone Carter

cjwhiskers

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God move for Carter, he has a shot to make the team. He was going to be cut anyway. Reed will be cut, but we need warm bodies for the last preseason game.

Nice move by the Colts, giving Carter a chance to catch on with another team before there's a mad flood of FAs.

It did seem like they sort of featured him in the 3rd Q, now it makes sense.

What another great trade for Grigson and the boys. Unbelievable trade Carter was on the outside looking in and the same style of back we have in Ballard. I always thought Polian was great but Grigson has been a hidden gem for us. Nice work on this one Jim.Reed is guaranteed to be better for us than a 5th running back (assuming Kerwyn Williams makes the team). I almost wish we had a market for Brown as well. 

Sorry, but from what I can tell, he looks slow and not very elusive for his size. Maybe it's some sort of optical illusion coming through my TV, but that's what I gather in the short time I've seen him. Seen him at camp twice too and was not impressed at all.

Ok, so I'm not the only one.  I thought this guy had great speed and was a really shifty type of back.  I see maybe a little "shiftiness" but he is no where near what his rep was.  He actually looks slow to me as well.  Like he can't kick it into the next gear.  He does run hard, I give him that.

Slow?? O.o

Doug Martin averaged 3.1 ypc in his first 2 preseason games.

Williams averaged 3 behind a horrendous line.

People judge players too quickly.

Yeah, I don't think KW looks "slow" by any means. He pulled a crazy cutback which almost looked like something you could do in a Tecmo Bowl. He actually looks bigger and stronger than I suspected and pretty fast in my eyes. We really haven't seen the best of this kid at all, especially behind our backup OL.

If you read the paragraph in the hyperlink with Reed's info (first or second post).  It says that Carter was the fourth Colt to make the team in the past 11 days.  Who were the other three?  Or am I miss-reading the article?

Wow I got my facts all wrong.  It was the hyperlink in the 9th post and it says third player (not fourth).  Sorry

This guy is purely a KR/PR. He's caught 5 passes in 3 yrs, but has good return skills. IMO Kerwynn Williams sucks!

Very solid kick returner.  I need to see more of Kerwynn Williams.  He has been with the number one offense...showing some good pass catching skills.  I think since the Browns game is being used as a 'gauge, we will see if Williams is used.

What concerned me was Williams is he was supposed to be 'dangerous' in the kick return game, and Cassius Vaughn has been the main returner.   :scratch:  :dunno:  :thinking:

Good to seeya Balzer :)

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5927/david-reed

Not sure if serious? We could try for a 3rd or 4th but everybody would laugh at our faces.  Carter has no real trade value other than scrub for a scrub trade like this.

Maybe with someone else in on trade could have gotten a higher pick. Carter at least has potential. And Grigson is talking about how we need to be a power run team now. Why would you get rid of our one power RB? Granted he has fumbleitis.

Maybe so but I would have taken a fifth thru 7th before this unproven unnecessary addition at wideout. Or I would have kept Carter and got rid of Brown he is worthless. Carter had more potential. Or I would have traded them both for a higher pick.

Who the heck would trade for two mediocre running backs?

This guy is essentially a 5-7th pick that we get now instead of later. Good move to try and get something out of Carter as opposed to just cutting him anyways.

Very solid kick returner.  I need to see more of Kerwynn Williams.  He has been with the number one offense...showing some good pass catching skills.  I think since the Browns game is being used as a 'gauge, we will see if Williams is used.

What concerned me was Williams is he was supposed to be 'dangerous' in the kick return game, and Cassius Vaughn has been the main returner.   :scratch:  :dunno:  :thinking:

Good to seeya Balzer :)

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5927/david-reed

Yeah, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers of those that fell in love with Williams before he ever put on an NFL uniform, but I just don't see what many said he was. IMO, as far as speed is concerned, it looks to me as if Brown could run circles around this guy without even trying. It's just my observation and I'm not asking others to agree, but those that thought this guy was gonna be "our" Darren Sproles, are going to be highly disappointed. I don't think we'll carry more than 3 RB's along with our FB, so IMO Williams won't make the team. He has done absolutely nothing to prove he's worth keeping over Brown.

Sorry, but from what I can tell, he looks slow and not very elusive for his size. Maybe it's some sort of optical illusion coming through my TV, but that's what I gather in the short time I've seen him. Seen him at camp twice too and ot impressed at all.

Hey, someone else seeing what I see. Carter I liked, but was expandable after sighing Bradshaw, & trying him a little at FB. I see Reed as a returner not good news for Williams at all. Good luck to Delone!! Hope he does well!!

Sorry, but from what I can tell, he looks slow and not very elusive for his size. Maybe it's some sort of optical illusion coming through my TV, but that's what I gather in the short time I've seen him. Seen him at camp twice too and was not impressed at all.

Hahaha yeah right.... Get real... People just don't know how to appreciate the speed of the game... I saw him turn the corner on a run and book it to the sideline and looked really fast to me haha the negative posts you couch coaches and gms come up with are purely adorable.. Hahahahah sorry he didn't impress you at all, what a scrub right

Hahaha yeah right.... Get real... People just don't know how to appreciate the speed of the game... I saw him turn the corner on a run and book it to the sideline and looked really fast to me haha the negative posts you couch coaches and gms come up with are purely adorable.. Hahahahah sorry he didn't impress you at all, what a scrub right

Well, when he gets cut in 2 weeks, you quickly learn he didn't impress the coaching staff either.

I got 20 says he will flourish with the ravens. He is their type of back. Hard nosed, tough runner. If he fails I will gladly eat my crow and pay up ;)

Lol I honestly don't have an opinion about him with the Ravens. Just messin around.

But hey you wana give me 20 bucks I won't complain haha.

Yeah, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers of those that fell in love with Williams before he ever put on an NFL uniform, but I just don't see what many said he was. IMO, as far as speed is concerned, it looks to me as if Brown could run circles around this guy without even trying. It's just my observation and I'm not asking others to agree, but those that thought this guy was gonna be "our" Darren Sproles, are going to be highly disappointed. I don't think we'll carry more than 3 RB's along with our FB, so IMO Williams won't make the team. He has done absolutely nothing to prove he's worth keeping over Brown.

I've basically been saying the same thing. But he's surprised me with his inside running, it's been a lot better than what he showed in college when they played respectable teams.

I think he makes the team if they decide he's the returner. Otherwise, you're right, he doesn't bring anything more than Brown and he's a better blocker. We're already carrying a FB, no need for 4 RBs.

Lol I honestly don't have an opinion about him with the Ravens. Just messin around.

But hey you wana give me 20 bucks I won't complain haha.

Yeah I totally understand why we didn't keep him. We have his talent in Bradshaw, plus Ballard is a pretty tough runner. Brown is more of our change of pace, home run hitter. Now if we can coach him out of his two hand tap mentality. I personally think he runs like a flat out sissy. Goes down real easy.

"He's misttra know it alllllll"

Well, when he gets cut in 2 weeks, you quickly learn he didn't impress the coaching staff either.

Lol I don't care either way... I want the best men on the team, and have full confidence in our front office in doing that.

What I do care about is getting NEWS when I come into the colts football section of this forum. Not all this fantasy life talk.. A 3rd of 4th round pick? Yeahhhh ok guys

I See link -> click link -> hope to get some news/stats/any other info about our new player -> all I see is hot shots with this "I think this" "I think that" attitude, (like it matters anyway) who sound RIDICULOUS... can't help but wonder where they come up with this .

I've basically been saying the same thing. But he's surprised me with his inside running, it's been a lot better than what he showed in college when they played respectable teams.

I think he makes the team if they decide he's the returner. Otherwise, you're right, he doesn't bring anything more than Brown and he's a better blocker. We're already carrying a FB, no need for 4 RBs.

Being a better blocker might be enough to over take Brown. Williams was just drafted and Brown has been here for years, struggling to really find his nitch. With Williams playing as well as Brown, plus having more diversity, Brown is more likely to be cut than Williams. I guess keeping both isn't out of the question now.

Yeah I totally understand why we didn't keep him. We have his talent in Bradshaw, plus Ballard is a pretty tough runner. Brown is more of our change of pace, home run hitter. Now if we can coach him out of his two hand tap mentality. I personally think he runs like a flat out sissy. Goes down real easy.

My frustration with him is he has no patience, he'd rather just run into the backs of our linemen, like he has tunnel vision.