Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cjrulli

Colts Trade Delone Carter

Yeah, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers of those that fell in love with Williams before he ever put on an NFL uniform, but I just don't see what many said he was. IMO, as far as speed is concerned, it looks to me as if Brown could run circles around this guy without even trying. It's just my observation and I'm not asking others to agree, but those that thought this guy was gonna be "our" Darren Sproles, are going to be highly disappointed. I don't think we'll carry more than 3 RB's along with our FB, so IMO Williams won't make the team. He has done absolutely nothing to prove he's worth keeping over Brown.

Kerwynn does not get tackled by a fingernail touching his shoe string.

Is that all we got? This guy? Should have tried to get a third or fourth round pick not sure we needed another wideout?

Dear God...

Ryan Grigson NEVER sleeps!!!

:sleepy: ? :no: not Mr. Grigson

He's the total opposite of Bill "stand pat my scheme always works" Polian.

I got 20 says he will flourish with the ravens. He is their type of back. Hard nosed, tough runner. If he fails I will gladly eat my crow and pay up ;)

Unfortunately he is going to be stuck behind rice and pierce in Baltimore

I like it. We just got a top flight returner, We were gonna cut Carter and get nothing anyway, And he's exactly the type of iron needed to sharpen Kerwynn.. Nice all way around. Just Grigson doing what Grigson does.

Maybe so but I would have taken a fifth thru 7th before this unproven unnecessary addition at wideout. Or I would have kept Carter and got rid of Brown he is worthless. Carter had more potential. Or I would have traded them both for a higher pick.

Oh my...

I like it. We just got a top flight returner, We were gonna cut Carter and get nothing anyway, And he's exactly the type of iron needed to sharpen Kerwynn.. Nice all way around. Just Grigson doing what Grigson does.

Top flight returner? Didn't know the ravens gave is Jacoby Jones, thought they gave us this Reed guy.

His last season(2011) returning kicks he fumbled 3 times. Wouldn't call that top flight

Didn't say they had to go to same place. Just maximize their value.

You have pretty much struck out on every post in this thread.

This is a forum.....while some things we say are incorrect and flat out wrong...and with me trying to add humor and sarcasm.....(amongst) many here, we all have opinions.

I know I am guilty of your quote " "I think this" "I think that" attitude, (like it matters anyway) who sound RIDICULOUS... can't help but wonder where they come up with this . 

We are not GMs...and we know it....:)

Top flight returner? Didn't know the ravens gave is Jacoby Jones, thought they gave us this Reed guy

The guy averages 30 yards per return...didnt know the average KR was doing 30 a return. Calm down  I didnt say one of the best returners.

What I do care about is getting NEWS when I come into the colts football section of this forum. Not all this fantasy life talk.. A 3rd of 4th round pick? Yeahhhh ok guys

I See link -> click link -> hope to get some news/stats/any other info about our new player -> all I see is hot shots with this "I think this" "I think that" attitude, (like it matters anyway) who sound RIDICULOUS... can't help but wonder where they come up with this .

umm... 1 person said the "3rd or 4th round pick" comment and about 25 people responded saying it was dumb.  

in other words:

The guy averages 30 yards per return...didnt know the average KR was doing 30 a return. Calm down I didnt say one of the best returners.

Top flight does mean one of the best, and I don't care what your average is if your putting the football on the turf 3 times on 18 returns in 2011. Fumbling twice vs Seahawks in 2011

either way, Carter wasn't going to make the final 53, If Reed tanks just put TY back there and be done with it......Or just down it from 5-6 yards deep in the end zone and take the free 20 yards

My frustration with him is he has no patience, he'd rather just run into the backs of our linemen, like he has tunnel vision.

Yeah, really ticks me off. Loved how edge and even addai ran with the ball. Had patients and wen hole popped open they would take off

either way, Carter wasn't going to make the final 53, If Reed tanks just put TY back there and be done with it......Or just down it from 5-6 yards deep in the end zone and take the free 20 yards

Think they would give Brazill a second chance back there before they put TY back there.

NO! Don't put TY Hilton on kick or punt. Can't afford for our 2nd best WR to go down. That's what backup CB's, RB's & WR's are for. Let them return the kicks

Think they would give Brazill a second chance back there before they put TY back there.

eh just down it and take the free 20 then

Being a better blocker might be enough to over take Brown. Williams was just drafted and Brown has been here for years, struggling to really find his nitch. With Williams playing as well as Brown, plus having more diversity, Brown is more likely to be cut than Williams. I guess keeping both isn't out of the question now.

I hope you're not implying Williams IS a better blocker than Brown? That's simply not true, not at this point anyway. I'm not sure you can say Williams is playing as well as Brown right now either.

I get what you're saying about Brown's shelf life. That may be a deciding factor, but I really don't think Williams has reached a level of being even with Brown yet.

I hope you're not implying Williams IS a better blocker than Brown? That's simply not true, not at this point anyway. I'm not sure you can say Williams is playing as well as Brown right now either.

I get what you're saying about Brown's shelf life. That may be a deciding factor, but I really don't think Williams has reached a level of being even with Brown yet.

Overall I agree as far as Browns overall game, pass blocking gives him the edge but Williams has some vision and change of direction speed Brown just dont seem to have, Brown is a down hill runner without the size

I liked that we traded Carter he wasn't gonna make the team but i would have wanted a CB or S in return not a WR. David Reed isn't better then any of our top 5 WR's and i like Maurice Williams a lot more.

I liked that we traded Carter he wasn't gonna make the team but i would have wanted a CB or S in return not a WR. David Reed isn't better then any of our top 5 WR's and i like Maurice Williams a lot more.

Who's our Top 5?

Reggie Wayne

TY Hilton

DHB

Lavon Brazill

Griff Whalen

2 of the 5 aren't healthy. We need someone

Who's our Top 5?

Reggie Wayne

TY Hilton

DHB

Lavon Brazill

Griff Whalen

I'm rooting for Griff too but he's done nothing to separate himself from the others. At least not in games. He may be fifth by default, but Grigs bringing in all these receivers must mean something.

Who's our Top 5?

Reggie Wayne

TY Hilton

DHB

Lavon Brazill

Griff Whalen

We just signed Maurice Williams who looks better then Reed imo and we still have Kelly and Palmer. Reed is a small WR more of a slot,  Williams and Kelly are outside WR's.It's not like will be in 5 WR sets the entire game. most of the time 3 WR sets. We still have Fleener and Allen who will be used in the passing game and sometimes in 5 WR sets. There's other positions like C,S, CB that we needed more then a WR.

Overall I agree as far as Browns overall game, pass blocking gives him the edge but Williams has some vision and change of direction speed Brown just dont seem to have, Brown is a down hill runner without the size

Haven't seen this SPEED for Williams your talking about. At this point Brown looks MUCH faster! Williams so far seems to have SOME shiftiness but that's it and maybe not enough to make the team. IMO sure far he is not the back soooooo many seemed to hope for! SPROLES LIKE NOT!!

We just signed Maurice Williams who looks better then Reed imo and we still have Kelly and Palmer. Reed is a small WR more of a slot,  Williams and Kelly are outside WR's.It's not like will be in 5 WR sets the entire game. most of the time 3 WR sets. We still have Fleener and Allen who will be used in the passing game and sometimes in 5 WR sets. There's other positions like C,S, CB that we needed more then a WR.

He is here to return kicks PERIOD! Nothing more doesn't even know the playbook at this point!

Haven't seen this SPEED for Williams your talking about. At this point Brown looks MUCH faster! Williams so far seems to have SOME shiftiness but that's it and maybe not enough to make the team. IMO sure far he is not the back soooooo many seemed to hope for! SPROLES LIKE NOT!!

Williams has speed,vision, and great acceleration,  there was a play where the defenders had him in the backfield but he pulled away and accelerated to the right for about 12 yards. He's only played 2 games with more reps i think he's gonna be good.

Is it too soon to make jokes about the Ravens slowly turning back into the Baltimore Colts? 

Delone Carter

Dallas Clark

Jim Caldwell

A.Q. Shipley

Brandon Stokley (granted, he was originally a Raven)

Reggie Wayne isn't getting any younger.

TY Hilton can't do it all himself

Reggie may not be getting any younger but he plays better than the young guys and I don't think we would have won 11 games last year without him. :thmup:

So does that mean Carters value on my Fantasy Team has gone up or down???/ :applause:  :woah:  :headspin:

Yes, yes it does.

I'm also wondering if, with today's news, the Steelers may have offered more had we approached them.

The guy we traded for is most notable for fumbling 2 KO returns in one game.

Yes, yes it does.

I'm also wondering if, with today's news, the Steelers may have offered more had we approached them.

I agree, the Steerlers would have offered something better then Reed.

I agree, the Steerlers would have offered something better then Reed.

This you know how exactly?

Another receiver, and they signed Maurice Williams 2 days ago. These backups are in trouble. 

I simply do not get those:

1) who think this is a bad trade

2) somehow believe another team would have offered more.

Point # 1 - Carter had no chance to make the roster. None. So getting something, anything for him is good business. If Reed can be the returner, fantastic. if he helps a depleted receiving corps, even better. If he is worth nothing, what have they lost?

Point # 2 - do you think some team like the Steelers offered a better deal but Grigson said no? He got the best deal that he could I am sure. If he got a bucket of sand for Carter, he did good.