Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade Delone Carter

cjwhiskers

This you know how exactly?

Have a friend who's a Ravens fan said that Reed wasn't good and was the 6th WR on a much less talented Ravens roster. You can't get any worse then Reed the Steerlers could have used Carter, he's the type of back they liked. Never trade with Ozzie Newsome he always wins on trades, he knows talent and already ripped us off for A.Q Shipley.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I simply do not get those:

1) who think this is a bad trade

2) somehow believe another team would have offered more.

Point # 1 - Carter had no chance to make the roster. None. So getting something, anything for him is good business. If Reed can be the returner, fantastic. if he helps a depleted receiving corps, even better. If he is worth nothing, what have they lost?

Point # 2 - do you think some team like the Steelers offered a better deal but Grigson said no? He got the best deal that he could I am sure. If he got a bucket of sand for Carter, he did good.

perfect

Have a friend who's a Ravens fan said that Reed wasn't good and was the 6th WR on a much less talented Ravens roster. You can't get any worse then Reed the Steerlers could have used Carter, he's the type of back they liked.

Well just as long as your sources are solid.

Reed hasn't done anything as a Colt & people already saying he'll be cut :facepalm: just unreal

His flight for Indianapolis probably hasn't even left yet & you guys are saying he'll been gone smh

Well, it's a pretty safe bet. There's only so many player you can keep on the roster. We're not gonna keep 6 receivers.

Well, it's a pretty safe bet. There's only so many player you can keep on the roster. We're not gonna keep 6 receivers.

He could be that 5th WR. Anything could happen. Brazill could get high again, Whalen's groin could give out again, etc etc.

Point being, everyone we bring in has the same equal opportunity to make the roster as the other 89 players on the roster. To count them out automatically before even seeing them in action is just wrong

I don't think Grigson would've traded for a guy with the intentions of just cutting him.

But he could have traded for a guy to get through the next two preseason games because we had injuries there and to give reps to our qbs in practice. If we don't have enough healthy wrs to go around then it makes sense....even if he is likely to get cut. Perhaps even he is just to return kicks and keep TY or someone else healthy....what we do know was Carter was NOT making the team....and Reed is PROBABLY not making the team.

We just signed Maurice Williams who looks better then Reed imo and we still have Kelly and Palmer. Reed is a small WR more of a slot,  Williams and Kelly are outside WR's.It's not like will be in 5 WR sets the entire game. most of the time 3 WR sets. We still have Fleener and Allen who will be used in the passing game and sometimes in 5 WR sets. There's other positions like C,S, CB that we needed more then a WR.

How can Williams look better than Reed to you when he hasn't played a game in the NFL yet?

I don't think Grigson would've traded for a guy with the intentions of just cutting him.

I think his intent is to find the best player as a KR and possible 5th WR. But just because he traded for him doesn't give him any advantage over either Williams. It wasn't like he traded someone we were going to keep. No risk, possible reward trade.

Sorry, but from what I can tell, he looks slow and not very elusive for his size. Maybe it's some sort of optical illusion coming through my TV, but that's what I gather in the short time I've seen him. Seen him at camp twice too and was not impressed at all.

The Balzer is back.heya have not seen you around :)

Williams has speed,vision, and great acceleration,  there was a play where the defenders had him in the backfield but he pulled away and accelerated to the right for about 12 yards. He's only played 2 games with more reps i think he's gonna be good.

Really I haven't seen it but keep looking going to watch the 2 games again tonight. If I am wrong and have missed something I will let you know. Reps hmm speed you either have it or not reps won't help with that as a returner you can see if he has speed or not.

Have a friend who's a Ravens fan said that Reed wasn't good and was the 6th WR on a much less talented Ravens roster. You can't get any worse then Reed the Steerlers could have used Carter, he's the type of back they liked. Never trade with Ozzie Newsome he always wins on trades, he knows talent and already ripped us off for A.Q Shipley.

Oh brother.

I think his intent is to find the best player as a KR and possible 5th WR. But just because he traded for him doesn't give him any advantage over either Williams. It wasn't like he traded someone we were going to keep. No risk, possible reward trade.

I would think he would make it past next weeks cuts unless he is abysmal against Cleveland. I completely agree with your last sentence.

I would think he would make it past next weeks cuts unless he is abysmal against Cleveland. I completely agree with your last sentence.

Yeah, I hope they keep them both through the Cincy game.

Speaking of that, I was watching Hard Knocks and was very surprised the Bengals were cutting guys already. I get that they weren't going to make the team but you need guys to play that last game.

Is that all we got? This guy? Should have tried to get a third or fourth round pick not sure we needed another wideout?

:facepalm:       Why do people think a player who struggles to get any playing time on our roster,  who is a candidate not to make the team, suddenly has the value of a 3rd or 4th round pick?!?    This is not brain surgery.    Why?   Why?   Why?         :facepalm: 

God move for Carter, he has a shot to make the team. He was going to be cut anyway. Reed will be cut, but we need warm bodies for the last preseason game.

Nice move by the Colts, giving Carter a chance to catch on with another team before there's a mad flood of FAs.

It did seem like they sort of featured him in the 3rd Q, now it makes sense.

Reed may be cut.    But he's also been the Raven's roster for three straight years.   So, a franchise that knows talent has kept him around for much longer than a cup of coffee.    I would not be surprised if we keep him....

Reed may be cut.    But he's also been the Raven's roster for three straight years.   So, a franchise that knows talent has kept him around for much longer than a cup of coffee.    I would not be surprised if we keep him....

You're right. After I thought about it it's apparent that Grigs is looking to upgrade the return game. And if that guy is also a WR that can help until Brazil comes back, so much the better.

Out of Williams, Wiliams, and Reed, at most one will make the team, and the deciding factor should be their ST value. Going by experience, Reed has the lead right now.

As some have stated, it's surprising how people favored him over Brown. I was optimistic at first when he came in and showed his potential in the pre-season the year he got drafted.. Boy was I wrong. Good luck to him though. Sometimes different players excel in different systems (Tim Jennings)

I think Williams will be a much better running back in the NFL than he will be a kick returner.  Maybe he'll improve as a returner, but I just don't see it yet.  I was down on T.Y. as a returner last year, and he got better as a punt returner, although he never showed much on kick returns.  I'm glad they took him off of that.

Reed was probably going to be cut from the Ravens. I think Malette has passed him on the depth chart. Sounds like a trade of 2 guys who were probably going to be cut.

you dont trade a guy you'd cut for another guy you'd cut.

You just cut the guy you had...

..we need extra receivers more than we need extra RBs

and we are a passing team, no matter what politically correct stuff we gush about running the ball

Exactly. We may run the ball quote "more than we have in the past" unquote, but we'll never be a running team like the 49ers or Texans or even the Jags since their only good player is their RB