Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade Delone Carter

cjwhiskers

Bassed on what?

He's got good vision as a runner and shiftiness.  The problem has been the blocking when he's been in there, when he's had blocking he's made some nice runs.  The Bills game he averaged 5 yards a carry, and he broke off a nice run or two in the Giants game. Given more time I think he'll do well.  Grigs was confident enough in his ability(Williams) in my opinion to be comfortable with getting rid of Carter. For a small guy Williams is also a surprisingly tough runner as well.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Kerwynn Williams 'non-fans,' here is Pagano's take via a new Kevin Bowen blog.  

http://blogs.colts.com/2013/08/23/kerwynn-williams-catching-the-eye-of-important-people/

I don't know how you could be a Kerwynn non-fan.  All the guy does is be very coachable and work hard.  He'll be a situational type player and could be very good at it in the passing game. 

I don't know how you could be a Kerwynn non-fan.  All the guy does is be very coachable and work hard.  He'll be a situational type player and could be very good at it in the passing game. 

thats what he was brought into be from all I have seen plus he was brought in to challenge Brown I think

I agree but how many teams or GMs bring in 37 players and then have 30 plus new players make the roster? I don't know the exact number of new players brought in last season but it was a bunch. Counting the 37 that were cut to make the 53 and the number of new players on the 53 man roster it was pretty amazing the Colts went 11-5. So far with all of the free agents signed and the draft picks we will see another big change in the roster. There was and is a reason why most of the so called experts thought the Colts would be picking first again this year and will regress this season. Just a little food for thought. Peace.

Grigson did great work reshaping the roster. No doubt about that. I just don't think "bringing in 37 new players" is the proper way to convey that. Nor is that statement of fact necessarily impressive, since every team brings in at least 37 new players every offseason.

I simply do not get those:

1) who think this is a bad trade

2) somehow believe another team would have offered more.

Point # 1 - Carter had no chance to make the roster. None. So getting something, anything for him is good business. If Reed can be the returner, fantastic. if he helps a depleted receiving corps, even better. If he is worth nothing, what have they lost?

Point # 2 - do you think some team like the Steelers offered a better deal but Grigson said no? He got the best deal that he could I am sure. If he got a bucket of sand for Carter, he did good.

Point #3 - if you were to sign him as a free agent, it is often more expensive.

Grigson did great work reshaping the roster. No doubt about that. I just don't think "bringing in 37 new players" is the proper way to convey that. Nor is that statement of fact necessarily impressive, since every team brings in at least 37 new players every offseason.

The difference isn't how many players he brought in, it's how many starters he brought in, or guys that make substantial contributions during hte regular season and how it translates into wins. 

Jeez- I say the same thing and you have a negative comment about it. 

Uhh, I didn't say anything negative. I just think don't think bringing in 37 new players is something to applaud over. We agree that Grigson is doing a great job. I just wouldn't express that by trumpeting him doing what every other GM has to do every offseason.

Sorry if it came across as negative.

Yeah, that's what Griggs in known for. 

He is always on a treadmill, the belt never stops with him.  Sometimes you slow down to a walk on a treadmill.  That's this trade.  It's a cup of coffee for this player and Griggs knows it.  It's just going through the motions of keeping the treadmill spinning.

He is always on a treadmill, the belt never stops with him.  Sometimes you slow down to a walk on a treadmill.  That's this trade.  It's a cup of coffee for this player and Griggs knows it.  It's just going through the motions of keeping the treadmill spinning.

So you believe Griggs was just trading for nothing? I am glad you can read Grigson's mind and knows he trades for no reason. So the trade was not made to bring in Reed in hope to bolster the return game? So Carter was more than likely going to be cut and Grigson is not attempting to get something out of him rather than just cut him? Ok, if you say so.  :facepalm:

So you believe Griggs was just trading for nothing? I am glad you can read Grigson's mind and knows he trades for no reason. So the trade was not made to bring in Reed in hope to bolster the return game? So Carter was more than likely going to be cut and Grigson is not attempting to get something out of him rather than just cut him? Ok, if you say so.  :facepalm:

ugh! e n u f f - s a i d

Balzer40, on 21 Aug 2013 - 2:48 PM, said:snapback.png

Well, when he gets cut in 2 weeks, you quickly learn he didn't impress the coaching staff either.

LINDE, on 22 Aug 2013 - 4:32 PM, said:snapback.png

Quoted so I can come back and laugh at you in 2 weeks

Knock yourself out!

LOL