Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade Delone Carter

cjwhiskers

Balzer40, on 21 Aug 2013 - 2:48 PM, said:snapback.png

Well, when he gets cut in 2 weeks, you quickly learn he didn't impress the coaching staff either.

LINDE, on 22 Aug 2013 - 4:32 PM, said:snapback.png

Quoted so I can come back and laugh at you in 2 weeks

Balzer40, on 22 Aug 2013 - 4:43 PM, said:snapback.png

Knock yourself out!

Lulz

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balzer40, on 21 Aug 2013 - 2:48 PM, said:snapback.png

Well, when he gets cut in 2 weeks, you quickly learn he didn't impress the coaching staff either.

LINDE, on 22 Aug 2013 - 4:32 PM, said:snapback.png

Balzer40, on 22 Aug 2013 - 4:43 PM, said:snapback.png

Lulz

Do you feel better only coming in the forum to gloat about a guy that lucked into making the team? So what? I was wrong about one of the cuts, so was everybody else. Thats why I'm not employed by the Colts, but neither are you. I still feel the same way, he isn't that good.

Do you feel better only coming in the forum to gloat about a guy that lucked into making the team? So what? I was wrong about one of the cuts, so was everybody else. Thats why I'm not employed by the Colts, but neither are you. I still feel the same way, he isn't that good.

Nah, I like laughing at the beligerent airmchair GM's that are militant about their opinions. You saw nothing from Kerwynn Williams that would suggest he "Isn't that good". He's a gem that'll pay off in the long run. And didn't you tell me to knock myself out if you were wrong?

Calm down francis, it's lighthearted ribbing, you were confident in your opinion, as was I, one of us was right, the other wrong. It's not a big deal.

And I'm an oldschool poster, I've been on this board since long before they migrated it over to the MyColts system. So I don't come here to "gloat", but your post stood out, and warranted my attention.

P.S. Lucked himself into a roster spot? Get over it bro. You had no idea what you were talking about in regards Kerwynn

Nah, I like laughing at the beligerent airmchair GM's that are militant about their opinions. You saw nothing from Kerwynn Williams that would suggest he "Isn't that good". He's a gem that'll pay off in the long run. And didn't you tell me to knock myself out if you were wrong?

Calm down francis, it's lighthearted ribbing, you were confident in your opinion, as was I, one of us was right, the other wrong. It's not a big deal.

And I'm an oldschool poster, I've been on this board since long before they migrated it over to the MyColts system. So I don't come here to "gloat", but your post stood out, and warranted my attention.

P.S. Lucked himself into a roster spot? Get over it bro. You had no idea what you were talking about in regards Kerwynn

Thats all well and good, but I still don't think he'll be around long. This is by no means what our roster will look like in a couple of days or a week or so down the road. If Grigson finds somebody else that was cut loose from another team, Williams will be one of the 1st to go. 4 RB's is a luxury and will be one of very first positions that will be cut down if/when Grigson finds somebody else. I'm sticking with my evaluation too that Williams isn't very good. IMO, he has very poor vision and has poor decision making skills. Could that eventually develop over time? Of course, but I doubt it will be with the Colts.

late round pick, 4 practice games into his career he is not expected to be, Plus our special teams blocking was garbage

late round pick, 4 practtice games into his career he is not expected to be, Plus our special teams blocking was garbage

People were acting as if he was a savior at RB though. They made unrealistic comparisons and some still swear he's a gem. Usually even with only 4 practice games there would be something to back that up if that sort of talent really existed. There was nothing IMO that most other late rd. RB's couldn't do too. He looked very average(at best) IMO from what I seen of him. I only attended 2 training camp days this yr. so he possibly showed a lot more in the other days in practice that the coaching staff liked, but when I was there and the 4 preseason games, there was nothing that stood out.

Thats all well and good, but I still don't think he'll be around long. This is by no means what our roster will look like in a couple of days or a week or so down the road. If Grigson finds somebody else that was cut loose from another team, Williams will be one of the 1st to go. 4 RB's is a luxury and will be one of very first positions that will be cut down if/when Grigson finds somebody else. I'm sticking with my evaluation too that Williams isn't very good. IMO, he has very poor vision and has poor decision making skills. Could that eventually develop over time? Of course, but I doubt it will be with the Colts.

Care to come back and try to rub anything in my face now. I'm betting you won't.

I have no problem with him going to the PS, but I never liked the idea of carrying 4 RB's.

To me, it was the combination of tight ends, runningbacks and fullbacks. I'm not sure we have a need for four tight ends, but I agree that we didn't really need four runningbacks. I had Williams on my final 53 because I thought he was more deserving than Dominique Jones. As it stands, neither of them are on the 53 man roster, but Jones is on the practice squad. I wonder if we held on to Williams for an extra day so that he'd be less likely to be claimed, and then we could stash him on the practice squad. I assume we'll put him on the practice squad if he clears waivers (he kind of had a good showing in the last game).

People were acting as if he was a savior at RB though. They made unrealistic comparisons and some still swear he's a gem. Usually even with only 4 practice games there would be something to back that up if that sort of talent really existed. There was nothing IMO that most other late rd. RB's couldn't do too. He looked very average(at best) IMO from what I seen of him. I only attended 2 training camp days this yr. so he possibly showed a lot more in the other days in practice that the coaching staff liked, but when I was there and the 4 preseason games, there was nothing that stood out.

We got what should have been expected out of Williams....He flashed his raw speed and big play potential but he also showed why he went as late as he did in the draft. He is indecisive at times, many times he will make the wrong decisions, sometimes he could break a big one. He showed at times a lack of patience for a hole to open. He has raw skill that needs time to develop. For a guy like Wiliams Special Teams was a great chance for him, Done right  the oppsing team is NOT supposed to get down field as quick as they did leaving Williams a little more time to scan the field and based on what he sees and choose the best lane, we couldn't do that. Heck on the play that Cleary got hurt it was a special teams play where somehow we ended up with Dontay Moch on Delano Howell....I think Williams had enough room to bounce that outside (10:30 in the 3rd Quarter of Bengals game)