Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

@CraigKColts: DHB helmet in hand on field. Good sight. Looking at temps in 80s for practice. Took two weeks to get there.

@KBowenColts: Reggie Wayne on blocking: "If they need me to turn 87 into 78 than I'll block. I just want to do whatever I can to help this team win."

"@KBowenColts: Wayne on moving around in formations: "Right where you thought you saw me the play before I'll be somewhere different the next. Stay tuned."

@KBowenColts: Vick Ballard sees 1,000-yard year thanks to a smarter runner, a committed ground attack & the presence of a fullback http://t.co/cEQR5tU51b

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KBowenColts: Colts DC Greg Manusky says some his starters will play anywhere from 15 plays to possibly the whole first quarter

@KBowenColts: Off. Coordinator Pep Hamilton said Andrew Luck would tell Pep at Stanford that he wanted to get hit early during games to feel game ready

Guest TeamLoloJones

Hello Colts Family :wave:

Previous Thread:http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/19523-colts-training-camp-thread-88/

@KBowenColts: Cassius Vaughn w/ a camera on his helmet 2day. Head to http://t.co/2Tcwh2PENh later to see Vaughn's view of practice https://mobile.twitter.com/KBowenColts/status/365896445833908225/photo/1

@CraigKColts: A Luck won't seek hits on field but just took a swipe at a tackling dummy just for kicks. Fun seeing young pros momentarily act like kids.

It's even more fun to see you're franchise QB acting like a linebacker.

Guest TeamLoloJones

why isnt werner practicing?

Maybe they are holding him out so our offensive lineman can feel good about themselves for a day.

Guest TeamLoloJones

lol yea werner and chapman aren't practicing and they are the two I want to see play the most on d

Ditto

Guest TeamLoloJones

I say first play of the game sunday send ty on a go route right up the middle. Boom TD!

And then fake the PAT with griff holding...WHALEN for 2!!!

I could see Griff Whalen playing a similar role like Jaxon Shipley plays for Texas. Couple reverses that then turn into Whalen throwing it. Or like others have stated, fake field goals that lead to him throwing a 2 point conversion or a touchdown to someone like Justice Cunningham or someone

Guest TeamLoloJones

I could see Griff Whalen playing a similar role like Jaxon Shipley plays for Texas. Couple reverses that then turn into Whalen throwing it. Or like others have stated, fake field goals that lead to him throwing a 2 point conversion or a touchdown to someone like Justice Cunningham or someone

I bet Pep will want to get Griff on the field as much as can...

Practice is over in 10 minutes, the anticipation about these injuries is KILLING ME.

Allen went for a second opinion.  Team never disclosed what the first opinion was.  Results of second opinion coming later tonight.

This is really bad.  If I were a betting man, I would put it all on a stress fracture.

Colts TE Dwayne Allen is going for a second opinion on an injured foot.

Colts beat writers were surprised to see Allen out of Friday's training camp practice, and the injury explains why. There are no further details available. We hate to project missed time, but losing Allen for any period would help Coby Fleener's fantasy outlook. Allen is Indy's "flex" or "move" tight end.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter Aug 9 - 3:51 PM

Tom James @TribStarTJames 10m

Sitting out Friday: Allen, Landry, Thornton, Holmes, Freeman, TWilliams, Moore, McNary, Lefedge, Harvey, Werner

Andrew Mishler @andrewmishler 12m

The Colts have been lucky so far with injuries. Losing the second-best player on the team in Dwayne Allen would make up for that.

Brad Wells (BBS) @StampedeBlue 15m

Dwayne Allen Gets Second Opinion on "Sore Foot" #ColtsCamp http://sbn.to/15kFdWG

Kyle J. Rodriguez @ColtsAuth_Kyle 17m

Yup. RT @TrueBluecoltfan: @ColtsAuth_Kyle Second opinion is coach speak for surgery or no surgery

Tom James @TribStarTJames 16m

S LaRon Landry (knee) did not practice Friday. Pagano remains hopeful that he will be a lee to play Sunday vs. Buffalo.

Colts TE Dwayne Allen is going for a second opinion on an injured foot.Colts beat writers were surprised to see Allen out of Friday's training camp practice, and the injury explains why. There are no further details available. We hate to project missed time, but losing Allen for any period would help Coby Fleener's fantasy outlook. Allen is Indy's "flex" or "move" tight end.Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter Aug 9 - 3:51 PM

That is some extreme looking at the bright side

@KBowenColts: Colts DC Greg Manusky says some his starters will play anywhere from 15 plays to possibly the whole first quarter

@KBowenColts: Off. Coordinator Pep Hamilton said Andrew Luck would tell Pep at Stanford that he wanted to get hit early during games to feel game ready

That was no problem last year...we got him hit all game long with our poor OL. Hopefully we will provide some better protection this year and allow him to set his feet and increase his completion percentage.

Guest TeamLoloJones

second opinion = lisfranc

done for the year?????

Well...that settles it.  I now will never do yoga.

Colts TE Dwayne Allen is going for a second opinion on an injured foot.

Colts beat writers were surprised to see Allen out of Friday's training camp practice, and the injury explains why. There are no further details available. We hate to project missed time, but losing Allen for any period would help Coby Fleener's fantasy outlook. Allen is Indy's "flex" or "move" tight end.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter Aug 9 - 3:51 PM

Actually I think this would HURT Fleener's outlook. He would see the field more but if he is called to block more (something he doesn't excell at) would keep him from running the type of routes that would take advantage of his size/speed. I will be very depressed if Allen misses major time. I really really like him and expected big things for him. Hopefully its negative or at the very worst a month or so....a season....I don't even want to think about. When we tried to mimic NE's TE's this is not how I imagined we were thinking.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Well whatever the diagnosis is...I hope Allen does what's right for his long term health.  He's a franchise tight end and a stud.  It will hurt a lot to lose him for any significant amount of this season, but foot injuries tend to linger if they don't get a chance to fully heal. He's obviously a huge piece for this team going forward, so I hope he takes that into account when making his decision...Get well Dwayne!