Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What "Heat"? He'll be our #2 wide receiver as long as he's healthy. DHB isn't going anywhere unless he's injured or just drops everything thrown his way.

There's no pressure or "heat" as you say

if he can't catch, I'm guessing he will feel the heat

I have witnessed enough of DHB to say that the Colts will be a much more explosive offense playing TY more. He is a better catcher, better route runner, seems more energetic and charismatic. He has flare. And I think he deserves to start as the #2 wr.

so you have been at camp all week?

I watched plenty og Raiders games living in cali. He has talent, but nothing campared to Hilton.

If loving T Y Hilton is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Not quite a fair comparison in that they had very much a different situation and a different level of QB throwing to them (though you might disagree given you don't think Luck is all that). The fairest comparison is going to be when the same QB is throwing to both which handily is the situation we find ourselves in. 

Don't get me wrong I think and have thought for a while TY if very talented but again why is this a DHB Vs TY debate, they both offer something and will both be given reps and we should be excited to have both on the roster. 

Note all of the above is opinion, that is a fact. 

Not quite a fair comparison in that they had very much a different situation and a different level of QB throwing to them (thought you might disagree given you don't think Luck is all that). The fairest comparison is going to be when the same QB is throwing to both which handily is the situation we find ourselves in.

Don't get me wrong I think and have thought for a while TY if very talented but again why is this a DHB Vs TY debate, they both offer something and will both be given reps and we should be excited to have both on the roster.

Note all of the above is opinion, that is a fact.

This is A Q Shipley all over again, the best player should start. Period. I was for the DHB signing, because I didn't know T Y would come to camp like this. He's ready for a bigger role.

This is A Q Shipley all over again, the best player should start. Period. I was for the DHB signing, because I didn't know T Y would come to camp like this. He's ready for a bigger role.

Difference being I can't think of many formations where you have 2 C's on the field, there's plenty with 3 WRs...... it's really not a case of who "starts" here, maybe more where and in what formations they get used. So DHB is looked at as the #2 because in 2 WR set they are mostly playing the outside so you want your prototype WR, big strong tall and quick. For all his talent TY ain't going to be getting much taller and that is a fact of biology, Now height is not the be all and end all to playing outside but I don't sticking TY out there is maximizing what he offers the team, whereas with DHB it's probably the best facet he has to offer. 

In a nutshell, both will get reps, one produces more than the other they will see more of the field, but really I can see both being very productive. Targets are going to spread all around on this O I feel. 

Difference being I can't think of many formations where you have 2 C's on the field, there's plenty with 3 WRs...... it's really not a case of who "starts" here, maybe more where and in what formations they get used. So DHB is looked at as the #2 because in 2 WR set they are mostly playing the outside so you want your prototype WR, big strong tall and quick. For all his talent TY ain't going to be getting much taller and that is a fact of biology, Now height is not the be all and end all to playing outside but I don't sticking TY out there is maximizing what he offers the team, whereas with DHB it's probably the best facet he has to offer.

In a nutshell, both will get reps, one produces more than the other they will see more of the field, but really I can see both being very productive. Targets are going to spread all around on this O I feel.

Then the thing is, I think Whalen us made for the slot.

Then the thing is, I think Whalen us made for the slot.

I more than understood you, I.m saying that TY is better outside than DHB, and Whalen is better in tge slot over DHB. Basically, I'm not sure he's one of the 3 best WRs on the roster.

I more than understood you, I.m saying that TY is better outside than DHB, and Whalen is better in tge slot over DHB. Basically, I'm not sure he's one of the 3 best WRs on the roster.

I'm willing to wait until they actually play a real game to make that call. 

Fact.

That's quite a leap to have Whalen over DHB. 

To summarise so far then...

Luck - Not that good, lacks elite TC numbers

Fleener - Trade him for a high 2nd, despite him appearing on even the media's radar as one to watch this season.

DHB - Our 4th(?) best receiver, based off his performances for the Raiders, not from any TC observations. 

TY - Better than DHB outside, despite majority of his big plays coming down the seam last  year. 

Whalen - Better than DHB, based on the TC feedback. 

You'll have to excuse me for saying but I don't quite agree with your assessments but that's fine, a difference of opinion promotes debate and this would be a boring old forum world if we all agreed. 

I might have been wrong in comparing you to Polian junior in a previous post, with your bombastic style that tends towards the hyperbolic and your overuse of the word "FACT" I wonder .... Skip... are you bored of Lebronn and RG3? 

That's quite a leap to have Whalen over DHB. 

To summarise so far then...

Luck - Not that good, lacks elite TC numbers

Fleener - Trade him for a high 2nd, despite him appearing on even the media's radar as one to watch this season.

DHB - Our 4th(?) best receiver, based off his performances for the Raiders, not from any TC observations. 

TY - Better than DHB outside, despite majority of his big plays coming down the seam last  year. 

Whalen - Better than DHB, based on the TC feedback. 

You'll have to excuse me for saying but I don't quite agree with your assessments but that's fine, a difference of opinion promotes debate and this would be a boring old forum world if we all agreed. 

I might have been wrong in comparing you to Polian junior in a previous post, with your bombastic style that tends towards the hyperbolic and your overuse of the word "FACT" I wonder .... Skip... are you bored of Lebronn and RG3? 

While I agree with everything you're saying, I have to admit I get a kick out of his posts.  No offense GL, but they're so juvenile sometimes that they make me laugh.  And I mean that in a "Guys like the Three Stooges, Girls don't get it" way.

Keep posting, I'll keep smiling.

Maybe after camp breaks, I'll do a mega-merge of all the camp threads, just for you. Then we can see how close it would have gotten to the record.

haha!

Seriously, it's cool Superman. I prefer the way it's being done anyway. Especially for someone like me in the UK that finds it a little harder to keep up with certain things. Especially night practices! Lol.

Can't wait till we play Buffalo Sunday!

While I agree with everything you're saying, I have to admit I get a kick out of his posts. No offense GL, but they're so juvenile sometimes that they make me laugh. And I mean that in a "Guys like the Three Stooges, Girls don't get it" way.

Keep posting, I'll keep smiling.

I must admit in re-reading I came across a bit harsh, I'm have a British sense of humour what can I say.

Like I said it would be boring if we all agreed and its fun seeing different viewpoints. It's just the presentation is in a somewhat unique style. :P

I must admit in re-reading I came across a bit harsh, I'm have a British sense of humour what can I say.

Like I said it would be boring if we all agreed and its fun seeing different viewpoints. It's just the presentation is in a somewhat unique style. :P

I didn't think you were too harsh, it was more like what most of us probably wanted to say.

British sense or humor?  I guess I assumed you were in Pittsburgh.

Are you guys in the Army or something? Because if a Brit is challenging my knowledge of FOOTBALL, then I am offended.

And we all know there is only one Steel City. Good to see they named a town after Gary Sheffield though. He deserved it. AMERICA!

Yeah I get that a lot, Steel City in this case refers to the original of Sheffield, England.

That's so funny.  Being from Youngstown, Ohio (which is near Pittsburgh and was also a 'steel city') I felt an affinity with you.  Roll up your sleeves, tossing back an Iron City, and bustin some chops.

Now I picture you sipping tea from china cups and obsessing over some royal baby name.

J/K

Are you guys in the Army or something? Because if a Brit is challenging my knowledge of FOOTBALL, then I am offended.

Sorry, but this made me chuckle...

One of my best friends is from the states, and finds it scary how much knowledge I have of the NFL and what he personally has learned from me. (he also still plays the game here) Plus I love kicking American's butts on Madden.

Trust me, the game is getting bigger and bigger over here. More than you think.

I love this sport. Soo much so I get people sick and tired of hearing me talk about it.