Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Wilson @Coltsfanwilson 3h

Out at the field for today's practice. Colts are in shells to begin the final week of training camp. #ColtsCamp

Josh Wilson @Coltsfanwilson 3h

I'm pretty sure DHB actually stands for "Doesn't Hang onto Balls." Man did he drop a ton today. Awful. At least 4. Seriously, it was bad.

Josh Wilson @Coltsfanwilson 18mHere are just the drops I wrote down: Carter, Kelley, Sampson, Sambrano, Cunningham, DHB (4), Wayne, Jones. Just the ones I wrote down

DHB stands for "Doesn't Hang onto Balls".....funny!

I love how people are so proactive. Let's not wait to see if DHB drops a pass in a real game. Or even in a preseason game.

Let's start hating him now!

I see your point but you have to look at both sides

Side 1: It's only practice where he's struggling, so he can use more practice to fix it (basically what you're saying)

Side 2: If he's struggling in practice to catch the ball where there's really no pressure or a defense trying to knock your head off (aside from Landry) then shouldn't us fans be worried at least a little bit that in the real games he'll drop passes too?

I understand some people are taking the word "concerned" to a whole new level but they have the right to at least be concerned that a WR is struggling to catch passes especially when this WR is/will be expected to see alot of playing time this season barring injury

That's just my view on the matter though

:rantoff:

Side 1: It's only practice where he's struggling, so he can use more practice to fix it (basically what you're saying)

Side 2: If he's struggling in practice to catch the ball where there's really no pressure or a defense trying to knock your head off (aside from Landry) then shouldn't us fans be worried at least a little bit that in the real games he'll drop passes too?

I understand some people are taking the word "concerned" to a whole new level but they have the right to at least be concerned that a WR is struggling to catch passes especially when this WR is/will be expected to see alot of playing time this season barring injury

he is working himself down the depth chart.

I don't think anyone on this forum was at practice.  They're basing their opinions on a tweet.  

Sure, everyone has a right to their opinion.  I choose to reserve mine based on what he does in a game.  

I don't think anyone on this forum was at practice.  They're basing their opinions on a tweet.  

Sure, everyone has a right to their opinion.  I choose to reserve mine based on what he does in a game.  

What does it matter if we were at practice or not?  I was there last week, seen him drop passes that day.

DHB has had a problem with drops his entire career. It's one of the reasons he was available in the first place. He's struggled with drops during camp.  I think people have a right to be a little concerned. Maybe he will magically be a sure handed receiver in games even though he  never has been and hasn't been in camp, but i wouldn't bank on it if i were you.

He has 0 drops in games so I'm not worried. Until he drops 2 blatant passes in a game then I would worry, until then it's all good.

Even Reggie Wayne dropped 3 passes in a practice this year.

But how often do you hear or see the words "Reggie Wayne dropped passes" in the same sentence?

I understand drops happen, but drops are nothing new to DHB. He's gotta improve drastically if he wants an extension next year

But how often do you hear or see the words "Reggie Wayne dropped passes" in the same sentence?

I understand drops happen, but drops are nothing new to DHB. He's gotta improve drastically if he wants an extension next year

Yeah and Fleener fumbled that one time in a preseason game. Obvious bust...

He has 0 drops in games so I'm not worried. Until he drops 2 blatant passes in a game then I would worry, until then it's all good.

Even Reggie Wayne dropped 3 passes in a practice this year.

Yeah, but thats a rare occurrence for Reggie.  Reggie is also a proven wideout. He's one of the best in the game.

DHB on the other hand was cut from the Raiders and has struggled with drops throughout his career.  I don't think you can compare the 2.

Yeah and Fleener fumbled that one time in a preseason game. Obvious bust...

No, clearly he is a pro bowler is the making. Probably the greatest to ever play.  I base this not on what i HAVE seen, but on what i HOPE i see sometime. So i'm sure im right on this.

Yeah, but thats a rare occurrence for Reggie. Reggie is also a proven wideout. He's one of the best in the game.

DHB on the other hand was cut from the Raiders and has struggled with drops throughout his career. I don't think you can compare the 2.

I wasn't comparing the two just saying, DHB hasn't dropped a pass/passes in a game so I ain't worried about him until I see him drop blatant passes in a game. "We talking bout practice man"

What does it matter if we were at practice or not?  I was there last week, seen him drop passes that day.

DHB has had a problem with drops his entire career. It's one of the reasons he was available in the first place. He's struggled with drops during camp.  I think people have a right to be a little concerned. Maybe he will magically be a sure handed receiver in games even though he  never has been and hasn't been in camp, but i wouldn't bank on it if i were you.

I know his history.  Maybe he'll stink in the real games.  But like I said, I'm going to reserve judgement until then.  

Also, like I said, people have the right to their opinions, and if they choose to be concerned now so be it.  I have the right to mine, right?

He has to improve drastically in practice if he wants an extension?

J/K

No, clearly he is a pro bowler is the making. Probably the greatest to ever play. I base this not on what i HAVE seen, but on what i HOPE i see sometime. So i'm sure im right on this.

And if he falls short of being the greatest TE to ever play I'll be alright with that. Talk about crazy expectations sometimes. You vote Obama?

And if he falls short of being the greatest TE to ever play I'll be alright with that. Talk about crazy expectations sometimes. You vote Obama?

This isn't a politics forum.

As to Fleener, all i expect him to be is a competent tight end who can catch the ball. Hopefully one day he will be.

When I watch Coby I see a guy whos just lacking concentration when his number is called, The talent is there, there should be no debating that. Right now I see a guy that needs fundamentals preached to him...someone to light a fire under his butt. Now there is no reason to panic after 1 preseason game in his 2nd year in the league, I think many are focusing on his physical talents and pushing aside that football is a mental game first SO you can make the physical plays. Again when I watch Coby I see a guy that lacks the MENTAL toughness right now and thats leading to mistakes and drops. Think of it this way a moment....Rob Gronkowski....we all heard of him....we know the dude can play (and so can Fleener) what Gronk has more then anything else right now over Coby is mental toughness. We seen he his attitude can be shrugging of the media with a direct and to the point statement or sly remark when there is a question he dont want to answer it...Right now Coby appears to have a lack of confidence,The "want to" is there no doubt, But the mental toughness to go out and dominate and shred a team up is not there yet....Allen has it.......Coby lacks that right now. I know this next part is silly but I liked the old Coby look of a Goatee and the long hair...It made him look like a tough SOB with a cocky attitude who KNEW he is good......Now I almost see just a pretty boy...Thats not a jab just the truth

This must be what it feels like to be an alcoholic. It's like I tell myself today I'm not going to give into my unrealistic expectations that people won't overreact to the most trivial of events, then four blackouts later I wake up in a strange room wearing someonelse's pants.

This must be what it feels like to be an alcoholic. It's like I tell myself today I'm not going to give into my unrealistic expectations that people won't overreact to the most trivial of events, then four blackouts later I wake up in a strange room wearing someonelse's pants.

Yeah, I hate when that happens.  But I usually keep the pants.

Switching gears, I'm very disappointed that Thornton was still out for Tuesday's practice.  Pagano said he'd be practicing last week, and now he's not even practicing after a couple of days off.  We better start mixing Cleary into the 1st team at RG if we don't want McGlynn to start week 1...

Well, I hope politics aren't taking over.  Seems like we have three other guys who could man that RG spot better - Cleary, Reitz, and Linkenbach.  Maybe the coaching staff is simply not panicking...it's easy enough to insert one of those guys in the starting lineup just prior to Week 1, no matter who's manning the spot now.