Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

When will they start using the 3rds etc for scout teams? Some teams (Redskins, etc.) are beginning to do so now. I suspect we won't until next week, Anybody with info?

If there is no gameplan on the other team there is no reason to have a scout team out there. They should have one for next week though

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is no gameplan on the other team there is no reason to have a scout team out there. They should have one for next week though

So no gameplan, no significant playing time for the 1's. And likely the 2's. There are only so many vanilla plays you can run without rhyme or reason. Hopefully oyr 3rd's and Harnisch don't stink nearly as bad this time around, or I'd like them to hit the road before they become a (very lousy) scout team.

WR-Griff Whalen (groin), CB-Teddy Williams (quadriceps), S-LaRon Landry (knee), CB-Cassius Vaughn (wrist), RB-Ahmad Bradshaw (foot), FB-Dan Moore (shoulder), LB-Josh McNary (hamstring), LB-Mario Harvey, C/G-Khaled Holmes (ankle), G-Danous Estenor, G-Hugh Thornton (ankle), DT-Montori Hughes (stinger) and TE-Dwayne Allen (foot) did not practice.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Why would we want him?

He can't be much worse than our 5th and 6th WRS, I'd say he's worth at least a workout.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Griff Whalen is our 5th receiver, he is doing pretty well for himself

Well I penciled in Griff as the 4th WR, accounting for the Brazill suspension.  I was just thinking since the lack of production from anyone else vs. the Bills would prompt Grigson to look at a guy like Henderson, much like he looked at Donald Jones.

Well I penciled in Griff as the 4th WR, accounting for the Brazill suspension. I was just thinking since the lack of production from anyone else vs. the Bills would prompt Grigson to look at a guy like Henderson, much like he looked at Donald Jones.

If you were a WR with Chandler Harnish as your QB, you wouldn't do anything either. Can't do anything as a WR if your QB can't get you the ball.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I would rather keep Whalen, Kelley and etc. over signing Henderson.

If you were a WR with Chandler Harnish as your QB, you wouldn't do anything either. Can't do anything as a WR if your QB can't get you the ball.

I just brought it up because I saw he was released and thought he could get a look at since Grigson keeps churning guys.  He's basically a slower DHB, which means he's almost usless.  I think our WR core will be Wayne, DHB, Hilton, Whalen, Palmer, and lose Palmer when Brazill comes back.  If we keep a 6th guy it should be Palmer, but maybe Sambrano or Kelley

Could be sore, could be sprained. No one knows. They just keep saying he's not practicing due to his knee injury

He could of pulled or tweaked it from pulling up on guys instead of unloading and unleashing the snot bubbles! Or keeping him out of practice so he doesn't snot bubble any of our guys. ;)

Guest TeamLoloJones

He could of pulled or tweaked it from pulling up on guys instead of unloading and unleashing the snot bubbles! Or keeping him out of practice so he doesn't snot bubble any of our guys. ;)

I thought that for a second when our guys started all getting hurt last week...LaRon is weapon of mass destruction.  LaRon is a laser guided missile.  If the Colts are building the monster,  LaRon is the monster that hides under the monster's bed.

@gmbremer: HC Chuck Pagano said starters could play entire first half Sunday. Goal is 25-30 snaps. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: Players ruled out for Sunday: Khaled Holmes, Hugh Thornton, Pat Angerer and Ahmad Bradshaw. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: If LaRon Landry can practice today, he could play Sunday. If not, he'll be shut down. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: Everyone else on injury list is day-to-day and will be game-time decision. #ColtsCamp

Guest TeamLoloJones

@gmbremer: HC Chuck Pagano said starters could play entire first half Sunday. Goal is 25-30 snaps. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: Players ruled out for Sunday: Khaled Holmes, Hugh Thornton, Pat Angerer and Ahmad Bradshaw. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: If LaRon Landry can practice today, he could play Sunday. If not, he'll be shut down. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: Everyone else on injury list is day-to-day and will be game-time decision. #ColtsCamp

Hopefully everyone can get healthy, and have good reps in the 3rd game.

@gmbremer: Kerwynn Williams looked good as change of pace back with first team Wednesday. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: Robert Mathis said team still building. Preseason is a "crawl, walk, run deal." #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: Mathis not worried about pass rush. Said new guys brought in for a reason. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: Mathis also said he came up with the move he used against Anthony Castonzo in yesterday's practice 9-10 years ago. #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: Mathis wanted to use the move to see if Castonzo would "take the bait." #ColtsCamp

@gmbremer: Mathis said he proved "the old guy's still got it." #ColtsCamp