Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to try out Donald Jones [Merge]

Everyone

Even with training camp on the horizon, Mr. Grigson continues to kick the tires and look for more ways to improve the team. Gotta love that about him.

Let's see if Mr. Donald Jones can pass the physical test. A few players have been failing the test lately

why would you think that? and i highly doubt Whalen gets cut as he is very familiar with the offense that Pep Hamilton runs and Brazill being suspended. it isnt like Brazill was drafted in the first two rounds or anything

Brazill is better than any of them and we have a mid-round pick invested in him.

Brazill is better than any of them and we have a mid-round pick invested in him.

he was a 6th round pick drafted with the last pick in the 6th round. not much invested in him. and hard to say if brazill is " better " then any of them because for one we havent seen any of them do anything. Brazill only had 11 receptions in 15 games played. 

Palmer only played in 1 game and had one reception with two targets

Jeremy Kelley is a rookie in the NFL

Griff Whalen was out with an injury all year

so to say Brazill is " better " then any of them is a little premature given the fact none of them have played a snap or only played in 1 game. not to mention the other three have not been in trouble with the league nor suspended. 

def need a big guy especially when were in the red zone. its good for corner routes in the back end of the endzone. 

of course id love to have a calvin johnson type of big wr...but if the guy is a 1 trick poney or hasnt proved he belongs on the field... i rather cut him than a guy that has shown some separation ability

edit - im not saying we cut kelley we should see what we have in him but cutting brazil would not be wise IMO. the guy has shown some separation ability

he was a 6th round pick drafted with the last pick in the 6th round. not much invested in him. and hard to say if brazill is " better " then any of them because for one we havent seen any of them do anything. Brazill only had 11 receptions in 15 games played. 

so to say Brazill is " better " then any of them is a little premature given the fact none of them have played a snap or only played in 1 game. not to mention the other three have not been in trouble with the league nor suspended. 

I agree. I think Whalen is a lock to make the team. Why else would the Colts draft him and then shelve him for a year? If Grigson didn't want him they would have cut him and not paid him money to sit for a year.

It's more likely Whalen/Palmer/Kelley who get cut than Brazill.

Whalen OR Palmer will stay.

I thought i read where suspended players can still participate in 'preseason' practices.  Do you know Dustin?  That was why I posted Brazill better show up...maybe I was sleeping.

Whalen OR Palmer will stay.

I thought i read where suspended players can still participate in 'preseason' practices. Do you know Dustin? That was why I posted Brazill better show up...maybe I was sleeping.

Suspended players can participate in pre-season games and practices. You are correct.

Brazill is to good to get cut or replaced in my opinion. Last season he was chosen to make roster over all of the other guys we had for a reason. He has great potential just needs to stay out of trouble. Detriot game last season proved his ability.

Brazill is to good to get cut or replaced in my opinion. Last season he was chosen to make roster over all of the other guys we had for a reason. He has great potential just needs to stay out of trouble. Detriot game last season proved his ability.

I agree with Brazill being good, and if the offseason had treated him differently I think he'd be a lock, but the suspension is just a deal-breaker for me at least. He really put himself in a bad situation. Especially with the fierce competition at WR.

11 is better than none or being hurt a full season lol

i agree....but Whalen is a fan favorite and Kelley is big and we need big guys apparently...

"Big" does not mean squat...especially with average/mediocre hands...we have already been through this over the past few years with a number of 'career practice squad' players.