Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots sign Tim Tebow

MTC

Please tell me "where" I said TT was TB's replacement?

I think an ..   "if' was included..     

But ...     whatever..     Andrew Luck is Indy's QB.  so Fear Not..

To even suggest it as a hypothetical is absurd. Pats don't roll that way.

Yes on Luck. I expect great things from him this season...like the moves the Colts have made as a team as well.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes on Luck. I expect great things from him this season...like the moves the Colts have made as a team as well.

Thanks amfootball. I appreciate that. I like people with another favorite football squad who can acknowledge talent when they see it on another squad in this league.  :thmup:

Thanks amfootball. I appreciate that. I like people with another favorite football squad who can acknowledge talent when they see it on another squad in this league.  :thmup:

Big fan of Luck. His top billing coming out of the draft was spot on. I cant wait to see what this new OC does with him. Have to think he will reel him in a bit to keep the TOs down.

Big fan of Luck. His top billing coming out of the draft was spot on. I cant wait to see what this new OC does with him. Have to think he will reel him in a bit to keep the TOs down.

Yes, we all expect positive things to unfold with his new OC too that he is quite familiar with from his college days. By the same token, I really respect Brady for all the jokes at his expense, including mine, that he just takes in stride. Very cool on his part IMHO.  :hat:

The reports are saying that Tebow will compete at QB, not at TE.  No one "deserves" to be on any NFL franchise.  There are many people who work just as hard or even harder than Tebow and they are not in the NFL. 

Yeah, but the guy couldn't catch a break.  Just because others aren't in the NFL, doesn't mean Tebow doesn't deserve to have good things go his way

House: I think you are a man of high character anyway. In the words of Channel News 4 Anchorman Ron Burgundy "Stay classy San Diego" I mean House.  ;) Colts friend or NE one Barry. I would never view you as a foe man. Yeah, Josh Mcdaniels is cooking something up here like unraveling Rex Ryan & the Jets organization from the inside from a former NY Green QB. My spy persona loves cloak & dagger unexplained moves like this new player acquistion. Always keep your NFL opposition guessing. He's just kicking over every stone. BOTT: I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Patriots so quickly. They are a very talented squad along with the Colts & the Broncos. JMO. 

Even tho you know my disdain for the Patriots your right Brother they are talented,and BB is a good coach.IMO they will be in the Hunt again.You also know I wont dismiss talent when I see it,even if its not one of my favorite franchises.When it comes down to it Im a football fan and I respect good competition,and that's what they are.

Tom Brady now has a true spiritual advisor working next to him full time.

:panic:

The ghost of Nancy Reagan? [No moderators, this is simply an astrology mentor joke it has nothing to do with a specific party our special interest group BTW.]   Only Teasing my friend!

Even tho you know my disdain for the Patriots your right Brother they are talented,and BB is a good coach.IMO they will be in the Hunt again.You also know I wont dismiss talent when I see it,even if its not one of my favorite franchises.When it comes down to it Im a football fan and I respect good competition,and that's what they are.

I understand your point of view exactly Jay, but I respect your objectivity & your keen eye for judging talent Brother! You are also honest & a very straight shooter. 2 of the qualities I admire most about you as well.  :td:

I just fail to see how he will be used at all lol.

Is he better than any TE? No.

Is it worth taking the ball out of Brady's hands? No.

I just don't see his usefulness to them.

That's why Belichick is one of the all time great NFL coaches and you're not :)

And that probably be the only time I ever defend Belichick.

Yeah, but the guy couldn't catch a break.  Just because others aren't in the NFL, doesn't mean Tebow doesn't deserve to have good things go his way

True 21isSuperman. Tim Tebow does work really hard & I have no problem with anyone like QuizBoy wanting Tebow to succeed in NE & Tebow does move the interest meter in the media. I wish Tim well, but I also know Bill. He doesn't get overly attached to any 1 player, except Brady, but if his production started to nose dive on a frequent basis, he'd be sitting on the bench like another team mate not pulling their own weight. My point is that Belichick won't be afraid to cut Tebow if he has to. 

Hmmm...Danny Woodhead's replacement...An intriguing idea pac56...Clever actually. Nice work! I couldn't agree with the remainder of your post however since I have always admired him [John Elway]  as a QB & now VP Of Football Operations in Denver. A sharp field general & front office football executive IMO. 

Well...there's mixed opinions on Elway here SW..and that's cool.

I know I oughta let it go but to me he's still that snot-nosed kid who refused to play for the Colts. :lecture::lol:

I know I oughta let it go but to me he's still that snot-nosed kid who refused to play for the Colts. :lecture::lol:

It's okay pac56. You have a right to still be royally ticked off at Elway for dismissing our franchise completely. Stick to your guns man. No need to apologize to me for your genuine feelings buddy. Be who you are man.

I will still deplore, despise, & detest the Cowboys even if they win another SB. My disdain for the Cowboys is 1 of the things that defines me & your resentment over Elway dissing the Colts is an important part of your personality. It's cool. If it makes you feel any better, I was surprised when the Broncos beat the Packers in 1997, but Brett Farve was an arrogant punk who needed a reality check so I was fine with him losing that SB. 

Keep being you pac56. I want you not some watered down version my friend.  :thmup:

He refused to play for Robert Irsay. Can't say I blame him.

I'll say it once and I will say it again. Elway just creeps me out at times. In my family we have often referred/refer to him as simply "horse teeth."

He just seems creepy to me.

Holy-TEETH-300x205.png

I'll say it once and I will say it again. Elway just creeps me out at times. In my family we have often referred/refer to him as simply "horse teeth."

Holy-TEETH-300x205.png

No worries Jules. No one is demanding that you walk down the aisle with John. No arranged marriage is being thrust upon you at this point & time. But, I do concur, Elway's Mr. Ed teeth are indeed very freaky.  haha

Unfortunately there won't be any Tebow mania/soap opera around here. BB will effectively shut that mike off:)

Exactly JJ! BB will say: "Do you guys wanna talk about football, the season, or our schedule? No. Okay reporters that's a wrap. Nothing see here. Bye." 

Since when does BB draft for the 49ers?

Hey, speaking of the 49ers & my NE friends, do they have any opinions on Eric Mangini joining Jim Harbaugh's staff? I apologize if a topic has already been created & discussed on this site at length because I wasn't online skimming the forum yesterday. 

http://blog.49ers.com/2013/06/05/mt-eric-mangini-bolsters-49ers-staff/

That's why Belichick is one of the all time great NFL coaches and you're not :)

And that probably be the only time I ever defend Belichick.

Oh gotcha. He's never made a mistake or a move that didn't pan out.

My apologies. How dare I question the infallible Bill.

Oh gotcha. He's never made a mistake or a move that didn't pan out.

My apologies. How dare I question the infallible Bill.

no he has made a few ill advised moves in the past, but I think Chadedward was just point out that he makes fewer mistakes than the rest of the coaches in the league and perhaps has more knowledge than us . . .

my guess is he has a plan for Tebow and if it does not work out, its low risk as we can simply cut him . . . but BB does have a solid track history of taking other peoples not want a bees and making them effective . . . Tebow has talent and there may be a very useful way to use him . . .perhaps BB has that answer . . .

no he has made a few ill advised moves in the past, but I think Chadedward was just point out that he makes fewer mistakes than the rest of the coaches in the league and perhaps has more knowledge than us . . .

my guess is he has a plan for Tebow and if it does not work out, its low risk as we can simply cut him . . . but BB does have a solid track history of taking other peoples not want a bees and making them effective . . . Tebow has talent and there may be a very useful way to use him . . .perhaps BB has that answer . . .

I don't doubt he has a plan, but I have no doubt he also had a plan for Ocho Cinco.

Guy is an all time great coach, but that doesn't mean the default response is just that he's right all the because he's right most of the time. He makes mistakes just like everyone else.

It's one thing to disagree with my assessment, but to just say "Bill knows and you don't" is silly. If you think I'm wrong(not you specifically), tell me why. But if the reason is because Bill sees something everyone else doesn't, that holds little to no value for me. Because its arguing with an unknown, that very few people are in the know about right now.

I'm not even saying Bill doesn't know what he's doing. I just don't see it, and so far no one has offered me any viable uses aside from the ones I've stated I think he has.

Until this all plays out, who knows the intention behind this move.

One last point about Eric Mangini & then I will drop the subject. Yes, I know there is bad blood between Eric & Bill for putting SpyGate on the NFL landscape & betraying the "Patriot Way" brotherhood bond of silence & keeping all team matters private & in house, but I also saw Eric on ESPN 1st Take breaking down tape quite well defensively. Eric may be soft spoken, but he is very good at quality control dissecting eye in the sky footage too.

Something tells me Bill & Eric will never hug again or best pen pals anytime soon. :lol:  :spit: Does Hallmark make cards for a "Burn In Hades" clientele? Just Kidding!  

Holy-TEETH-300x205.png

At least you're consistent. The thing is, his appearance is just as irrelevant to his worth to a football team as is Tebow's. It's your comment that's creepy.

Unbelievable that this thread is already 3 pages long

who the heck gives a %?

You apparently. 

Personally I think it's the most interesting football news we've had in weeks. And considering how much I root against both the Patriots and Tebow, it's one of those rare signings that makes my "rooting against" much more efficient. Much like when the Patriots signed Randy Moss. Here's hoping this one is far less successful.

I don't doubt he has a plan, but I have no doubt he also had a plan for Ocho Cinco.

Guy is an all time great coach, but that doesn't mean the default response is just that he's right all the because he's right most of the time. He makes mistakes just like everyone else.

It's one thing to disagree with my assessment, but to just say "Bill knows and you don't" is silly. If you think I'm wrong(not you specifically), tell me why. But if the reason is because Bill sees something everyone else doesn't, that holds little to no value for me. Because its arguing with an unknown, that very few people are in the know about right now.

I'm not even saying Bill doesn't know what he's doing. I just don't see it, and so far no one has offered me any viable uses aside from the ones I've stated I think he has.

Until this all plays out, who knows the intention behind this move.

I am not sure what the answer is regarding Tebow, but in his starts in Denver he won a bunch of games . . . so he does have some level of talent even tho he may not be a typical QB pocket passer . . .but if he is a QB that can lead the broncos to a 7-4 record then he has skills that can be garnered . .. be it a running back/2nd QB in a red zone set or something along those lines he will be useful in those roles . . . also being a hybrid player we can carry a 3rd "QB" on the roster but is not the typical "wasted" 3rd QB roster spot in that he is a hybrid RB/HB that can be effective in the red zone . . . so it saves us from having to carry an extra RB or TE that would fill this role . . . our 3rd string QB can fill this role freeing that roster spot for another player . . .

its all about how many roles can we get our of a 53 man roster . . . if we can get two roles out of one roster spot all the better . . .

Except that he's not that kid anymore, he grew up into a perfectly respectable executive. I actively rooted against him for a LONG time, but I've seen an awful lot of him since Peyton's signing and I have no problems with him at all. Besides, who the heck WOULD have chosen to play for the abomination known as Bob Irsay back then if they had his options.

More to the point, I like Peyton VASTLY more than I ever disliked Elway, and if Elway had signed for the Colts Peyton would never have played for us, and Elway (speaking of growing up and swallowing your ego) has stated that he wants Peyton to be remembered as the greatest QB of all time. How many HOF QB's ever speak like that?

The only thing that your resentment is doing is preventing you from enjoying the balance of Peyton's career. You actually hope that Brady beats Peyton head to head? All I can say is WOW.

Wow wow wowy wow wow. :D

I am not sure what the answer is regarding Tebow, but in his starts in Denver he won a bunch of games . . . so he does have some level of talent even tho he may not be a typical QB pocket passer . . .but if he is a QB that can lead the broncos to a 7-4 record then he has skills that can be garnered . .. be it a running back/2nd QB in a red zone set or something along those lines he will be useful in those roles . . . also being a hybrid player we can carry a 3rd "QB" on the roster but is not the typical "wasted" 3rd QB roster spot in that he is a hybrid RB/HB that can be effective in the red zone . . . so it saves us from having to carry an extra RB or TE that would fill this role . . . our 3rd string QB can fill this role freeing that roster spot for another player . . .

its all about how many roles can we get our of a 53 man roster . . . if we can get two roles out of one roster spot all the better . . .

Well here's my thing. I'm big on never taking the ball out of a great QBs hands to run a gimmick play like the wildcat. What teams run those plays? Teams without great QBs. So right there is a usefulness lost IMO. Could he do short yardage goaline stuff? Yeah, but unless it is a QB sneak or a type of option/play action deal, I would still take Brady 10/10.

Is he a better TE than anyone on the roster currently? Nah. He could probably be a good blocking TE in the Pats system, but I still wouldn't take him over Gronk or Hernandez.

Could he be a RB? I seriously doubt it. He's used to running against Ds who are backpedaling, I don't think he would thrive running up the gut, and he lacks the speed for an outside runner, again IMO.

And it's unlikely he would agree to being a TE or RB because he's been so adamantly against playing any position but QB. So I just don't see it, but who knows maybe Bill has something cooked up, or an agreement with Tim to do something other than QB.

Like I said though, I'm sure by this time next year we will have these answers, but for right now anyone's guess is as good as mine.

I think Bill can get some production out of him other than playing QB. Maybe this will be an intervention of sorts. Tebow has no future in the league as a QB but in other roles he has a chance. I think Tebow will end up as H-back.

Yeah, but unless it is a QB sneak or a type of option/play action deal, I would still take Brady 10/10.

Brady has coverted 49 straight QB sneaks on 4th or 3rd and 1. Last time he was stopped was 2005.

I wouldn't even take Tebow on a QB sneak over Brady haha

BB runs gimmicky offenses with short passes.  Tebow can do that stuff easily plus he can run the ball which Brady can't.  All he has to do is work on his 5 yard touch passes.  I see no reason it won't work....oh, wait....they don't have anyone to throw to anymore.  Nevermind.