Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots sign Tim Tebow

MTC

Brady has coverted 49 straight QB sneaks on 4th or 3rd and 1. Last time he was stopped was 2005.

I wouldn't even take Tebow on a QB sneak over Brady haha

I've never understood the logic of taking the ball out of your best play makers hands lol. It's not even about Tebow, but when you have a Manning or Brady. You ride it out with those guys because they are great great players.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BB runs gimmicky offenses with short passes. Tebow can do that stuff easily plus he can run the ball which Brady can't. All he has to do is work on his 5 yard touch passes. I see no reason it won't work....oh, wait....they don't have anyone to throw to anymore. Nevermind.

Touch passes, and Tebow? Naw haha.

I wish I was more resourceful and could put up that gif of him throwing that god awful INT last year, to make me seem more clever, but alas.......

Except that he's not that kid anymore, he grew up into a perfectly respectable executive. I actively rooted against him for a LONG time, but I've seen an awful lot of him since Peyton's signing and I have no problems with him at all. Besides, who the heck WOULD have chosen to play for the abomination known as Bob Irsay back then if they had his options.

More to the point, I like Peyton VASTLY more than I ever disliked Elway, and if Elway had signed for the Colts Peyton would never have played for us, and Elway (speaking of growing up and swallowing your ego) has stated that he wants Peyton to be remembered as the greatest QB of all time. How many HOF QB's ever speak like that?

The only thing that your resentment is doing is preventing you from enjoying the balance of Peyton's career. You actually hope that Brady beats Peyton head to head? All I can say is WOW.

Wow wow wowy wow wow. :D

His options....exactly.

His option and his leverage was George Steinbrenner, MAC.

I won't debate the personality traits of Robert Irsay vs George Steinbrenner in the matter of Elway's draft stunt....because there is no debate....by most accounts they were both tyrants.

My problem with Elway was a gifted college athlete, fresh off a free ride to Stanford University, basically telling the NFL franchise who respected his talent enough to draft him first overall, to take a hike. And for the record, I didn't like it any better when Eli pulled the same move...and I'm no fan of the Chargers.

So ego has nothing to do with my sentiments....because they're rooted in a situation where the principal of being fortunate enough to even play in the NFL...let alone being drafted 1st overall...was taken for granted and milked for all it was worth.

Was it a slick business move? Sure it was. And owners are often just as slick.

But did it show any gratitude or appreciation on Elway's part? Absolutely none.

Worse still, in 1983 it further eroded the kind of loyalty and career-long allegiance you'd hope would have remained the cornerstone of professional franchises and their players. I'm pretty sure we're both old enough to remember what that was.

Well here's my thing. I'm big on never taking the ball out of a great QBs hands to run a gimmick play like the wildcat. What teams run those plays? Teams without great QBs. So right there is a usefulness lost IMO. Could he do short yardage goaline stuff? Yeah, but unless it is a QB sneak or a type of option/play action deal, I would still take Brady 10/10.

Is he a better TE than anyone on the roster currently? Nah. He could probably be a good blocking TE in the Pats system, but I still wouldn't take him over Gronk or Hernandez.

Could he be a RB? I seriously doubt it. He's used to running against Ds who are backpedaling, I don't think he would thrive running up the gut, and he lacks the speed for an outside runner, again IMO.

And it's unlikely he would agree to being a TE or RB because he's been so adamantly against playing any position but QB. So I just don't see it, but who knows maybe Bill has something cooked up, or an agreement with Tim to do something other than QB.

Like I said though, I'm sure by this time next year we will have these answers, but for right now anyone's guess is as good as mine.

yes we still do not know what BB has up his sleeve, if anything  . . .but if we can get a handful of plays out of a 3rd string QB then I am for it . . .and I do agree in the traditional set and traditional running of the offense one wants to go with the higher percentages of the better QB and std TEs, etc . . . but we have the option to mix it up . .  . if Tebow is in the backfield behind Brady, or next to him in shot gun, in a red zone set there is an option there . . . perhaps we can mx that set with other WRs/TEs where the defenders will have to honor Tebow and this honoring might open up other options for the other WRs/TEs . .

Brady is no threat to run and Tebow is, so Ds will have to honor this in certain situations, and this benefit can be exploited . . .

we'll have to wait and see if he has ideas for him and they pan out, or they don't pan out and Tebow gets cut late in the year . . .

but I am glad that we have him, and unlike other moves, like Chad O's, the spot tebow is taking is less valuable than other spots taken by prior FA that have not panned out . . .

I've never understood the logic of taking the ball out of your best play makers hands lol. It's not even about Tebow, but when you have a Manning or Brady. You ride it out with those guys because they are great great players.

I agree with you on this, but sometimes your best playmaker may not be your best option . . . also you might want to mix it up . . .and too both Brady and Manning are getting older so they may not be as sharp as they use to be . . .

I do love me some five wides in the red zone with Brady in shot gun . . . but then again Tebow in a power set with two TEs and a single WR is not a bad option too . . . and if that is in the play book and the opponent has to work on that during the week, its less time he can be devoting to practicing against our traditional set . . .Tebow does bring this element(s) to the table . . .

No worries Jules. No one is demanding that you walk down the aisle with John. No arranged marriage is being thrust upon you at this point & time. But, I do concur, Elway's Mr. Ed teeth are indeed very freaky.  haha

Wilbur I do notice a striking resemblance  :lol:  :funny:

I heard or read, can't remember which that T.Tebow was being taught the traditional throwing motion and he just couldn't grasp it and went back to his throwing style, he's just comfortable throwing that way it seems, is T.Brady going to be able to break T.Tebow of his prefered throwing motion, wonder if they tried hypnosis :}

His options....exactly.

I won't debate the personality traits of Robert Irsay vs George Steinbrenner in the matter of Elway's draft stunt....because there is no debate....by most accounts they were both tyrants.

My problem with Elway was a gifted college athlete, fresh off a free ride to Stanford University, basically telling the NFL franchise who respected his talent enough to draft him first overall, to take a hike. And for the record, I didn't like it any better when Eli pulled the same move...and I'm no fan of the Chargers.

So ego has nothing to do with my sentiments....because they're rooted in a situation where the principal of being fortunate enough to even play in the NFL...let alone being drafted 1st overall...was taken for granted and milked for all it was worth.

Worse still, in 1983 it further eroded the kind of loyalty and career-long allegiance you'd hope would have remained the cornerstone of professional franchises and their players. I'm pretty sure we're both old enough to remember what that was.

I'm not defending him, I hated him for it. As a Colts fans I was heartbroken, and as a fan of sports in general I thought that it was just wrong, and potentially damaging to the fundamentals upon which professional sports are built. And I'm a Mets fan, so I'm not exactly going to defend Steinbrenner either - not after a lifetime spend dealing with arrogant Yankees fans - proud of his having bought and embraced someone else's hard developed talent.

I'm just saying that I've "let it go". I carried the anger for a long time, and I no longer care to. Steinbrenner is dead, Irsay is dead, Elway has grown up, and Peyton (who - once again - would have played for another team if Elway had been a Colt) has given me as much joy as any athlete it's ever been my pleasure to root for. I'm NOT going to let a 30 year old grudge ruin the rest of Peyton's career for me. Obviously you're going to make your own choice, I'm just pointing out that the only one you're hurting is yourself. It has precious little to do with Elway.

His options....exactly.

It didn't erode Elway's loyalty and career long allegiance to the Broncos. Seriously though, that was caused by FA and the salary cap....along with owners not caring one iota about the players. It had nothing to do with Elway.

yes we still do not know what BB has up his sleeve, if anything  . . .but if we can get a handful of plays out of a 3rd string QB then I am for it . . .and I do agree in the traditional set and traditional running of the offense one wants to go with the higher percentages of the better QB and std TEs, etc . . . but we have the option to mix it up . .  . if Tebow is in the backfield behind Brady, or next to him in shot gun, in a red zone set there is an option there . . . perhaps we can mx that set with other WRs/TEs where the defenders will have to honor Tebow and this honoring might open up other options for the other WRs/TEs . .

Brady is no threat to run and Tebow is, so Ds will have to honor this in certain situations, and this benefit can be exploited . . .

we'll have to wait and see if he has ideas for him and they pan out, or they don't pan out and Tebow gets cut late in the year . . .

but I am glad that we have him, and unlike other moves, like Chad O's, the spot tebow is taking is less valuable than other spots taken by prior FA that have not panned out . . .

basically said same thing pages back , having both in backfield just may confuse D esp if direct snap to unexpected player , maybe even not Tebow but a RB in backfield with them

5 pages from this thread, ASE WE STARVED FOR GAME TIME < U BET

I don't doubt he has a plan, but I have no doubt he also had a plan for Ocho Cinco.

Guy is an all time great coach, but that doesn't mean the default response is just that he's right all the because he's right most of the time. He makes mistakes just like everyone else.

It's one thing to disagree with my assessment, but to just say "Bill knows and you don't" is silly. If you think I'm wrong(not you specifically), tell me why. But if the reason is because Bill sees something everyone else doesn't, that holds little to no value for me. Because its arguing with an unknown, that very few people are in the know about right now.

I'm not even saying Bill doesn't know what he's doing. I just don't see it, and so far no one has offered me any viable uses aside from the ones I've stated I think he has.

Until this all plays out, who knows the intention behind this move.

Not sure why you are trying to figure this whole thing out. Tebow is not Randy Moss or Corey Dillon. He is a guy that they signed for next to nothing and will be Qb #3 in camp. Anytime you can sign a player that led a putrid 1-4 team to the playoffs and won a playoff game, you do it – when all it costs you is a bag of potatoes.

What we know about Tebow is that he is a hard worker, a great guy in the locker room, and takes coaching well – all attributes that one of the youngest teams in the NFL can benefit from. What we know about the Pats is that they are a teaching organization. You need to look no further than Tom Brady to see that who by the way had a worse football rap sheet coming out of college than Tebow and has become one of the all-time greats under Bill and his staff.

I think what is bothering you is the fact that if any team can get production and perhaps great production out of a guy like Tebow while sheltering him from the media, it is the Pats. If what the guy showed two years ago is his real MO which I happen to think it is than the Pats will get that out of him. And he gets the chance to learn from Brady.

This is one of the few wins-wins in the NFL and a wonderful story. Just when everyone had Tebow kicked to the curb and done as a pro football player, in comes his white horse. And this is also why the NFL on June 10 can trump the NBA and NHL playoffs … I can’t wait for Sept.

How about Brady to tebow to brady to kronk or some variation

I agree with you on this, but sometimes your best playmaker may not be your best option . . . also you might want to mix it up . . .and too both Brady and Manning are getting older so they may not be as sharp as they use to be . . .

I do love me some five wides in the red zone with Brady in shot gun . . . but then again Tebow in a power set with two TEs and a single WR is not a bad option too . . . and if that is in the play book and the opponent has to work on that during the week, its less time he can be devoting to practicing against our traditional set . . .Tebow does bring this element(s) to the table . . .

It didn't erode Elway's loyalty and career long allegiance to the Broncos. Seriously though, that was caused by FA and the salary cap....along with owners not caring one iota about the players. It had nothing to do with Elway.

Sure. Free agency and the cap, which came years later, have had alot to do with it....and I stated the owners are equally as slick in their dealings.

But a college player drafted 1st overall and then manipulating his landing spot was crap. And claiming Robert Irsay's personality quirks as justification when the alternative, and Elway's leverage was playing baseball for Saddam Steinbrenner is kinda ridiculous.

Elway's move was the by-product of a coddled, entitled coach's child who reportedly didn't want to play for Frank Kush.

From a business standpoint....he had leverage and pulled it off. And Irsay according to many reports short-circuited a better draft day deal that Ernie Accorsi had going which would have landed Dan Marino and turned out a whole lot better for all.

I'm just talking about motives....and IMO John Elway's motives stunk.

Is it time I move on from it? Probably...but spin the clock forward to 2011 and tell that if Andrew Luck had pulled off a similar tactic, you'd feel any different.

A bigger mistake than Ocho Cinco..

Tim Tebow obviously cant run the same offense Tom Brady does....

He's never played tight end..and hes a bad punt protector

...He cant even simulate the read option and be used a tackling dummy for practice...

..as always....someome will make something especially for him because he's a good Chrsitian boy..

..they'll give him his own offense and never really use him..

......but Bill Belichik has undersestimated how mush ESPN will make his 'football life' a living hell...over a 3rd string QB

the Jesus Media will not let this go....until he's released...which the media will blame on Belichik, as they did the Jets and Broncos.

The biggest showdown of the 2013 NFL season

ESPN vs the Patriot way.

..somewhere.......in Denver, John Elway is smiling

Not sure why you are trying to figure this whole thing out. Tebow is not Randy Moss or Corey Dillon. He is a guy that they signed for next to nothing and will be Qb #3 in camp. Anytime you can sign a player that led a putrid 1-4 team to the playoffs and won a playoff game, you do it – when all it costs you is a bag of potatoes.

What we know about Tebow is that he is a hard worker, a great guy in the locker room, and takes coaching well – all attributes that one of the youngest teams in the NFL can benefit from. What we know about the Pats is that they are a teaching organization. You need to look no further than Tom Brady to see that who by the way had a worse football rap sheet coming out of college than Tebow and has become one of the all-time greats under Bill and his staff.

I think what is bothering you is the fact that if any team can get production and perhaps great production out of a guy like Tebow while sheltering him from the media, it is the Pats. If what the guy showed two years ago is his real MO which I happen to think it is than the Pats will get that out of him. And he gets the chance to learn from Brady.

This is one of the few wins-wins in the NFL and a wonderful story. Just when everyone had Tebow kicked to the curb and done as a pro football player, in comes his white horse. And this is also why the NFL on June 10 can trump the NBA and NHL playoffs … I can’t wait for Sept.

Sorry friend, but you couldn't be any more off base lol.

I don't care that the Pats signed him, I just don't see his worth to the organization. And unlike you I think the potential upside is severely limited. So I don't get the move. No sinister motives behind it.

Sorry friend, but you couldn't be any more off base lol.

I don't care that the Pats signed him, I just don't see his worth to the organization. And unlike you I think the potential upside is severely limited. So I don't get the move. No sinister motives behind it.

It's the back-up QB position. When has there ever been any worth required to hold a clipboard? Which is exactly what back-up QBs do until they are called upon to play, which Tebow probably will only on certain plays.

A bigger mistake than Ocho Cinco..

Tim Tebow obviously cant run the same offense Tom Brady does....

He's never played tight end..and hes a bad punt protector

...He cant even simulate the read option and be used a tackling dummy for practice...

..as always....someome will make something especially for him because he's a good Chrsitian boy..

..they'll give him his own offense and never really use him..

......but Bill Belichik has undersestimated how mush ESPN will make his 'football life' a living heck...over a 3rd string QB

the Jesus Media will not let this go....until he's released...which the media will blame on Belichik, as they did the Jets and Broncos.

The biggest showdown of the 2013 NFL season

ESPN vs the Patriot way.

..somewhere.......in Denver, John Elway is smiling

What is this "Jesus Media" that you speak of? Tebow has more fans than people who are just Christians. And the media had every right to look at the Broncos and shake their heads. Elway couldn't wait to dump the guy and Manning was the only safe way he would be able to do it. I'm not even going to get into the Jets situation.

It's the back-up QB position. When has there ever been any worth required to hold a clipboard? Which is exactly what back-up QBs do until they are called upon to play, which Tebow probably will only on certain plays.

Again, what's the point then of bringing him in just to be QB number 3? Is he a better prospect than Mallet? Could be. I just don't see it. To solidify the QB position? Okay, if that's the rational that's fine, but it seems pretty frivolous to me lol.

We still don't even know if QB is what he will end up doing.

People are acting like its some kind of master stroke, and I just don't see it at all.

Again, what's the point then of bringing him in just to be QB number 3? Is he a better prospect than Mallet? Could be. I just don't see it. To solidify the QB position? Okay, if that's the rational that's fine, but it seems pretty frivolous to me lol.

People are acting like its some kind of master stroke, and I just don't see it at all.

Who knows what Belichick is going to do. Maybe they'll keep Tebow at QB, maybe not. GMs and coaches can see things in players that we usually can't. And a good coach like Belichick apparently sees something in the guy, whether it be for grooming or for something else. I don't see it as a masterstroke, but I don't think it's going to destroy the Patriots if things with Tebow don't work out.

Who knows what Belichick is going to do. Maybe they'll keep Tebow at QB, maybe not. GMs and coaches can see things in players that we usually can't. And a good coach like Belichick apparently sees something in the guy, whether it be for grooming or for something else. I don't see it as a masterstroke, but I don't think it's going to destroy the Patriots if things with Tebow don't work out.

I don't think it's going to destroy then either lol. I just don't see it as a move that made them better.

I don't think it's going to destroy then either lol. I just don't see it as a move that made them better.

Fair enough. I like the guy but for the sake of my Texans I certainly hope signing him didn't make the Patriots any better haha

Tim Tebow is followed heavily by devout Christians in and out of the media who see him as a standard bearer for them..who pretend to believe he's a top player..when what he is is a

...a symbol of their faith..Skip Bayless is the best example.....

Tebow is very outward about his religion...(most are not) in part ...to attract those fans and curry favor..

He always has been...

Its worked....With no NFL QB skills..he's been signed by 3 teams..

Were he Muslim in the post 9-11 era he would not be in the NFL now... ....everyone knows that,  especially Tim...

The media understands that the mere mention of Tebow on talk shows and sports reports...lifts ratings..and attracts non football fans....we're a largely Christian country....he's precahing to the choir..even if the choir does not admit it

Broncos release Tebow..They're bad guys

Jets release Tebow..they're bad guys.

That's what Bill Belichik is underestimating... Get ready to be the bad guy..Bill......and get nothing for it

Show me ONE person calling this a master stroke. There's no one.

BB is giving Tebow a chance, that's it. I would not be surprised if he's cut by Week 1, if not earlier.

Tim Tebow is followed heavily by devout Christians in and out of the media who see him as a standard bearer for them..who pretend to believe he's a top player..when what he is is a

...a symbol of their faith..Skip Bayless is the best example.....

Tebow is very outward about his religion...(most are not) in part ...to attract those fans and curry favor..

He always has been...

Its worked....With no NFL QB skills..he's been signed by 3 teams..

Were he Muslim in the post 9-11 era he would not be in the NFL now... ....everyone knows that,  especially Tim...

The media understands that the mere mention of Tebow on talk shows and sports reports...lifts ratings..and attracts non football fans....we're a largely Christian country....he's precahing to the choir..even if the choir does not admit it

Broncos release Tebow..They're bad guys

Jets release Tebow..they're bad guys.

That's what Bill Belichik is underestimating... Get ready to be the bad guy..Bill......and get nothing for it

The Bible tells Christians to not be ashamed to speak about their religion. Tebow doesn't beg for attention. He's been popular since college, and his first-round choosing got him even more attention. He talks about Jesus and God all the time even when he's off camera. I don't see why people think this is a ploy. If he was Muslim (this is the post-9/11 era by the way) and still had that charm and keen ability to win, then he would still be in the league, as he is now. I know you are a huge Broncos fan but I've never heard of a team letting a guy go after he resurrected them and led their franchise to their first playoff win in years. Big-teeth Elway couldn't stand having a non-conventional QB that could win games. The Jets were bad guys from the start...they put a rookie in before they let a playoff-winner play. Tebow was underused and I believe that he was led on. He is a good guy, a hard worker, and deserves to be on a good NFL squad. Which he is now.

Show me ONE person calling this a master stroke. There's no one.

BB is giving Tebow a chance, that's it. I would not be surprised if he's cut by Week 1, if not earlier.

Phew, good thing you talked to everyone in the world and can tell me what the 100% Tebow agreement is.

I agree with your assessment, but I've talked to friends that think this is pure genius, which I happen to disagree with. There's also the die hards who think this is Tim's time to shine, which it could be, but I see his role being limited at best.

I tried shoving my friends face into my phone so I could go "This guy thinks it's a master stroke", but it didn't work.

By the way, I think every Pats fan on the board has replied to me in this thread besides like two lol.

Sure. Free agency and the cap, which came years later, have had alot to do with it....and I stated the owners are equally as slick in their dealings.

But a college player drafted 1st overall and then manipulating his landing spot was crap. And claiming Robert Irsay's personality quirks as justification when the alternative, and Elway's leverage was playing baseball for Saddam Steinbrenner is kinda ridiculous.

Elway's move was the by-product of a coddled, entitled coach's child who reportedly didn't want to play for Frank Kush.

From a business standpoint....he had leverage and pulled it off. And Irsay according to many reports short-circuited a better draft day deal that Ernie Accorsi had going which would have landed Dan Marino and turned out a whole lot better for all.

I'm just talking about motives....and IMO John Elway's motives stunk.

Is it time I move on from it? Probably...but spin the clock forward to 2011 and tell that if Andrew Luck had pulled off a similar tactic, you'd feel any different.

He was never going to play baseball long term....that was just a bluff.

And frankly, i would do the same thing if I had the leverage. I not going to work that hard to be the #1 pick and then put my career in the hands of a buffoon. It would be like finishing first at harvard law and then being forced to work for some ambulance chaser.

The Bible tells Christians to not be ashamed to speak about their religion. Tebow doesn't beg for attention. He's been popular since college, and his first-round choosing got him even more attention. He talks about Jesus and God all the time even when he's off camera. I don't see why people think this is a ploy. If he was Muslim (this is the post-9/11 era by the way) and still had that charm and keen ability to win, then he would still be in the league, as he is now. I know you are a huge Broncos fan but I've never heard of a team letting a guy go after he resurrected them and led their franchise to their first playoff win in years. Big-teeth Elway couldn't stand having a non-conventional QB that couldn't win games. The Jets were bad guys from the start...they put a rookie in before they let a playoff-winner play. Tebow was underused and I believe that he was led on. He is a good guy, a hard worker, and deserves to be on a good NFL squad. Which he is now.

There's a difference between 'not being ashamed' and being a 'campaigner for Christ'

Most true people of faith do not try to convert others or wear their faith on their sleeve..mentining it every few sentences...

Tim has always doen this....going back to childhood....according to published stories...

...and Tim is smart enough to know wthat were he Muslim or Mormon...he would not be in the NFL at all at this point..

In that repsect he's obviously using his religon for his NFL future...

Tebow most certainly does beg for attention with the newes conferences and interviews. He always has. He's an evangelist and that's what he should do...not use the NFL to promote Christ.

He should be on the '700 Club'...not the Patriots...

he's being brought in to play a position he's proven he cant play. ....in the NE offense....

He was released from Denver because he played badly in the 2011 season and the team lost four of its last 5.....

The NFL bible says:  In a 32-team league..Tim was the 32nd rated QB in 2011..

There's a difference between 'not being ashamed' and being a 'campaigner for Christ'

Most true people of faith do not try to convert others or wear their faith on their sleeve..mentining it every few sentences...

Tim has always doen this....going back to childhood....according to published stories...

...and Tim is smart enough to know wthat were he Muslim or Mormon...he would not be in the NFL at all at this point..

In that repsect he's obviously using his religon for his NFL future...

Tebow most certainly does beg for attention with the newes conferences and interviews. He always has. He's an evangelist and that's what he should do...not use the NFL to promote Christ.

He should be on the '700 Club'...not the Patriots...

he's being brought in to play a position he's proven he cant play. ....in the NE offense....

He was released from Denver because he played badly in the 2011 season and the team lost four of its last 5.....

The NFL bible says:  In a 32-team league..Tim was the 32nd rated QB in 2011..

You apparently do not know much about Christianity, and I'm not using that as an insult. Tebow can talk about whatever he likes. He loves God and is not afraid to talk about it, regardless of the backlash. It's akin to players and celebrities being open with their sexual orientation and politics. Nothing wrong with that, but certain people will feel uncomfortable no matter what happens. You think he schedules those news conferences? Does Manning or Brady beg for attention when they go to press conferences and stuff? Like I said, if he were still a winner with charm and that likeability trait (which pays dividends) then he would still be in the NFL like he is now, even if Muslim or Chinese or purple or gay. Christianity is not all there is to it.

What did that NFL Bible say about that squad that gave Tebow up last year? Didn't they lose their playoff game...I suppose they wish they could rewrite that chapter as Tebow has done something Manning hasn't yet in Denver...And say what you want but Elway would not have gotten rid of Tebow without Manning playing his safe room. And he still lost a lot of fans even with Manning coming in. Tebow has proven that he can play QB...and surprise surprise, Belichick signed him on as a QB...

OUM, have you not realized by now that BB doesn't care whatsoever about what the media has to say? He won't care, nor do the Patriots.

ESPN and the good Lord are much stronger that Bill Belichik....They are already planning to camp out at NE camp.

Boston is a major market.....major media....ESPN is 24-7

They will overpower the 'Dark Knight'

If you trade Mallett because you have Tebow.......I would have several NE officials drug-tested...

What have you seen Mallett do that makes you such a big fan all of a sudden? Guy's had one completion for 17 yards.

You apparently do not know much about Christianity, and I'm not using that as an insult. Tebow can talk about whatever he likes. He loves God and is not afraid to talk about it, regardless of the backlash. It's akin to players and celebrities being open with their sexual orientation and politics. Nothing wrong with that, but certain people will feel uncomfortable no matter what happens. You think he schedules those news conferences? Does Manning or Brady beg for attention when they go to press conferences and stuff? Like I said, if he were still a winner with charm and that likeability trait (which pays dividends) then he would still be in the NFL like he is now, even if Muslim or Chinese or purple or gay. Christianity is not all there is to it.

What did that NFL Bible say about that squad that gave Tebow up last year? Didn't they lose their playoff game...I suppose they wish they could rewrite that chapter as Tebow has done something Manning hasn't yet in Denver...And say what you want but Elway would not have gotten rid of Tebow without Manning playing his safe room. And he still lost a lot of fans even with Manning coming in. Tebow has proven that he can play QB...and surprise surprise, Belichick signed him on as a QB...

Religion is personal..not public..to me...

It is NOTHING like sexual preference and politics...NOTHING.......

It is a two-person relationship between you and our God and should not be aired to gain favor from others ..or to recruit others....

..and everyone who doesnt bow down to him..first Denver..now the Jets..soon New England..

are al bad mismanaged franchises...

Tim Tebow in not an NFL Passer...and he's proven that...

Tebow played in 2011...and he was 32nd of 32....

Tim Tebow played in 2011....His team lost 4 of its last 5....

in 2012..he could not beat out Mark Sanchez.....

Those are 3 of the 10 commandments of Tebow.... :)