Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots sign Tim Tebow

MTC

"Part the Red Sea? Heck, he'd be lucky if he could HIT the Red Sea with a pass!" ;)

Sounds like a good carnival gimmick for charity. Name the major oceans, rivers, waterfalls, streams, ponds, creeks, & watering holes that Tebow can't hit. Sort of a where's Waldo way to test a person's geographic knowledge across the globe. 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well he throws like **** but Gisele thinks he's got a nice heiney."

haha If I see my wife & Tim going to the same stair master fitness class together, I think I'm going lose my lunch Josh. Gisele asked Tim yesterday after practice if her new spandex outfit made her caboose look too big. How soon before we can actually release him?  lmao

Not sure why you took offense at me saying Belichick isn't a genius, but whatever.

He is a genius though????? Look what he has done with ok talent, he has a few superstars, but nothing overpowering really...He makes them that way in my opinion, just my opinion, and I apologize I misunderstood and thought you was taking a shot at me....

This move was predidted by several a year or so ago. It was predicted the jets fiasco would be exactly what is was. This is a great match, if Tebow is to stay in the NFL only Belichek can mold him. The two should get along famously. Tebow has great discipline and determination and Belichek can find talent and put that talent to work. Tebow is in no way competing for the QB job like in NY. Coach will not let him speak to the silly media geeks, he will not permit another Jets circus show. Perhaps Tebow could be a fullback at least for blocking and a TE. I am a huge Belichek fan (but always root against him for obvious reasons) and admire him immensely. He will succeed if anyone will or Tebow is out forever. 

Lol! Tim Tebow is a Patriot. :fireworks:

I like Tebow and it's not surprising that he wound up in New England. The kid's a winner. This is probably the best place for him. Obviously, Bill and Josh see something in him.

Anyhow, I'm not sure that he will make the team but if he does he won't play QB. Brady doesn't come out of games. He's still out there when it's 50-0. He isn't coming out for Tebow.

There's no risk to this. Belichick got him for nil. For 77 snaps, the Jets gave up a fourth-round pick and $2.5 million to the Broncos plus paid Tebow $1.5 million in salary last year.

Also, this will not be a distraction. Remember 2007?

Anyhow, I'm not sure that he will make the team but if he does he won't play QB. Brady doesn't come out of games. He's still out there when it's 50-0. He isn't coming out for Tebow.

I seem to remember him coming out last year during a certain MNF game. The last quarter of that one looked like a 4th preseason game.

Well we agree on one thing Luck being compared to Tebow,its deffinately no contest Luck hands down,as far as faith im not politicaly correct and if I want to share my faith I will no matter what the cosequenses.If Im not willing to share it im not worth a grain of salt.So that being said God Bless

Absolutely nothing wrong with Tebow showing and SHARING his faith....that is my first and final answer!

Tebow is NOT a good QB as we know, but pulled out MIRACULOUS wins in Denver.

What was his main mistake?  Picking the biggest mess/joke in the NFL to be traded to:  The New York Jets!!!  It was not Tebow who "brought a circus" to town...The freaking Jets MADE it ONE!!!!!  He could have gone to the other mess....the Jacksonville Jaguars where he would have filled the stands with many friends/fans.  New York was a HORRENDOUS mistake and almost cost him his NFL career.

Enter the proud tradition of the New England Patriots.  I do not think Tebow gets cut.  I think The Hoodie finds a way to mellow out the paparazzi!  A few "no comments" or UH...next questions come to mind.  haha  Randy Moss was a model citizen back when still 'brash' under BB, and we did not hear a whimper out of Ocho Cinco, Chad Johnson (The player to be named later ??) :funny: Mark my word....as the article below states:  Belichick HAS a plan!  :)

Here is a well written article from Forbes I think you will enjoy as a football fan and especially as a Pats fan.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leeigel/2013/06/12/the-patriots-and-bill-belichick-are-already-taking-advantage-of-tebowmania/

Absolutely nothing wrong with Tebow showing and SHARING his faith....that is my first and final answer!

Tebow is NOT a good QB as we know, but pulled out MIRACULOUS wins in Denver.

What was his main mistake?  Picking the biggest mess/joke in the NFL to be traded to:  The New York Jets!!!  It was not Tebow who "brought a circus" to town...The freaking Jets MADE it ONE!!!!!  He could have gone to the other mess....the Jacksonville Jaguars where he would have filled the stands with many friends/fans.  New York was a HORRENDOUS mistake and almost cost him his NFL career.

Enter the proud tradition of the New England Patriots.  I do not think Tebow gets cut.  I think The Hoodie finds a way to mellow out the paparazzi!  A few "no comments" or UH...next questions come to mind.  haha  Randy Moss was a model citizen back when still 'brash' under BB, and we did not hear a whimper out of Ocho Cinco, Chad Johnson (The player to be named later ??) :funny: Mark my word....as the article below states:  Belichick HAS a plan!   :)

Here is a well written article from Forbes I think you will enjoy as a football fan and especially as a Pats fan.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leeigel/2013/06/12/the-patriots-and-bill-belichick-are-already-taking-advantage-of-tebowmania/

Ha,ha. Great post man. I agree with all of it. I don't think he gets cut for awhile at least. Apparently the decision to sign him went all the way to the top. That does not happen with a guy you think you will cut in July. Now whether or not he is there in Sept? Not sure but I have to think he is at least the 53rd best player on the squad. Really depends if Bill wants to carry 2 QBs which he has done since 2007 or 3 QBs which he did prior to 2007. I think he may choose to carry 3 just because Tebow can do more than just play QB which makes him a valuable third back up....

Fair enough. Sometimes its hard to tell if you are actually excited about something the Patriots do or if you're just being an extreme homer who honestly believes that each Patriots player takes solid gold dumps.

Says the guy who has Pat Patriot as his avatar, Dynasty13 as his screen name, and Ricky Proel's quote from SB 36 as his signature ... ;)

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing people he does not exist. Have you all forgotten the Pats current QB was a nobody drafted in the sixth round? What will happen with this move cannot be judged by goofs on line when the guy with the job of molding this guy is Bill Belichick. Can anyone here offer up their resume to compare to Belichick's? I think not so curl you tongues until Tebow disappears into broadcasting or becomes a player.

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing people he does not exist. Have you all forgotten the Pats current QB was a nobody drafted in the sixth round? What will happen with this move cannot be judged by goofs on line when the guy with the job of molding this guy is Bill Belichick. Can anyone here offer up their resume to compare to Belichick's? I think not so curl you tongues until Tebow disappears into broadcasting or becomes a player.

Love the devil reference. Some here in the Boston media refer to him as Bill Beelzebub. 

Ha,ha. Great post man. I agree with all of it. I don't think he gets cut for awhile at least. Apparently the decision to sign him went all the way to the top. That does not happen with a guy you think you will cut in July. Now whether or not he is there in Sept? Not sure but I have to think he is at least the 53rd best player on the squad. Really depends if Bill wants to carry 2 QBs which he has done since 2007 or 3 QBs which he did prior to 2007. I think he may choose to carry 3 just because Tebow can do more than just play QB which makes him a valuable third back up....

Thanks!  There is a plan.....:)

I seem to remember him coming out last year during a certain MNF game. The last quarter of that one looked like a 4th preseason game.

It's weird. The Pats beat us by more points than they beat you, but I thought we put up more of a fight. Either way, we both got stomped. They were on another level for a while last season.

I think Tebow will stick and get the chance to learn under Brady and Belichick. He will see the field holding FG's, EP's and as the deep blocker for punts. He adds another dimension in those situations. He could also be on the hands team and on the line just ahead of the kick returners. He may play center field on D in long yardage situations. I think BB sees him as a Swiss Army Knife. And if he can become a better QB through practice and instruction it's a bonus.

Make no mistake. Tebow has football talent and BB will find a way to use it. The press has already been silenced and it's business as usual in Foxboro.

I think Tebow will stick and get the chance to learn under Brady and Belichick. He will see the field holding FG's, EP's and as the deep blocker for punts. He adds another dimension in those situations. He could also be on the hands team and on the line just ahead of the kick returners. He may play center field on D in long yardage situations. I think BB sees him as a Swiss Army Knife. And if he can become a better QB through practice and instruction it's a bonus.

Make no mistake. Tebow has football talent and BB will find a way to use it. The press has already been silenced and it's business as usual in Foxboro.

We must not be partaking in the same media lol.

It's weird. The Pats beat us by more points than they beat you, but I thought we put up more of a fight. Either way, we both got stomped. They were on another level for a while last season.

Putting up more of a fight and getting beat by more is actually worse. In my opinion. ;)

The Grey Hoodie is Keyser Söze? A character played by actor Kevin Spacey in 1995 film "The Usual Suspects." 

"...And like that he's gone..."  :lol:  :funny: I usually eat conspiracy theories right up for entertainment value, but that is too far fetched even for me King Colt. Sorry...LOL!

The Pats is the best place for Tebow to land.  BB will not let him be out there and doing his typical media coverage and soaking it up.  BB will not let the media be all over this story either.  We all ready saw that BB only allowed Tebow a 20 second comment compared to his entire circus he had back at New York.

I have no doubt that Tebow loves the media coverage as much as the media loves to cover him and BB will not let either one happen.  

With that said I think Tebow has a chance to stick if he is willing to do what BB will want him to do.  Tebow is pretty stuck on being a QB and nothing but a QB in this league and we know BB will takes WRs to be corners, corners to be safeties and LBs to be tight ends.  If he is willing to drop his ego and just be a football player I think he could make an impact as a redzone QB that is out there with Brady or a tight end at times.  He is not going to be the back up and he should just focus on being that situational player ala Troy Brown and get some time as a third QB.

Why do so many people think that Belichick will mold Tebow into a successful QB?  You can't mold a rock!

Because his track record is pretty good doing just that. Brady was a sixth round pick who split the starting QB job at Michigan his senior year. Slow as molasses too.

Because his track record is pretty good doing just that. Brady was a sixth round pick who split the starting QB job at Michigan his senior year. Slow as molasses too.

Brady was a sixth round pick who should not have fallen anywhere near that far.  Brady also already had the mechanics to be a great QB.  Brady also went to a team that was already very good so he wasn't asked to do much.

On the other hand, Tebow shouldn't have been drafted anywhere near the first round.  He should have been drafted in the later rounds as a TE instead of a QB.  This a passing league and Tebow's throwing motion is terrible and he's been working on it for three years now.  He was an outfielder in baseball and he throws a football like it's a baseball.  No one will ever be able to change his throwing motion. 

somewhat accurate

Brady won starting job and Henson was his backup in 98 & 99

Saw many a game back then

I wouldnt say he was sharing much when henson had less than 50 attempts in 98 and Brady was firmly then instilled as starter , Henson had less than 90 attempts  in 99

Brady had about 200 attempts each year 98 & 99, think bit more in 98, bit less in 99

But will admit the press did cover it like this forum covers Maning Vs Brady due to Hensons reputation out of HS

once Brady left for pros Henson, now a junior became starter & still didnt play in every game in 2000

If it wasnt for  Hensons supposed immense   potential there never would of been any splitting at aall 

Dont make Brady out to be as bad as u indicate, he really was quite good , same demeanor as now

But press made it seem unfavorable and many henson fans wanted henson as the newcomer savior he was supposed to be from day 1 at mich so they gave him a fare shot

This controversy is also 1 reason but surely not the main that Brady fell so far in the draft 

Henson also played with the Tampa Yankees as was signed from HS in 98 so I really dont remember how dedicated he was to football, i think he liked baseball best and did try & then fail in the minors and then went back to football and lost valuable learning years as he matured

He was signed to possibly try  & rob Brady of the starting job in Hensons fReshman 1998 year as was considered a cant miss QB out of HS like Luck was out of College but though had many a higlight , never ammounted to much, best came aafter Brady left, his 4 TD game in 2000 is Mich record

PS

Brady also  as starter  set Michigan records for most pass attempts and completions in a season

I made a mistake, Hensons 4 TDs Tied Brady's record, Henson didnt set a record

Brady also took Mich to share of National colege championship

U got to love Bradys, Mich  Head  Coach Lloyd Car

The man lost his job after he punched another patron at the local hangout 2 miles from me, ( actually once lived 11/4 mile in back of it so knew it well )  Guy turned out to be a cop, Man the press was all over that

For the New England Patriots, Tim Tebow's contract is all upside

It seems the New England Patriots' contract with former Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has lots of upside with little to lose.

Make that nothing to lose.

According to NBCsports.com, the Patriots' deal with Tebow is for two years and no guaranteed money. The agreement also carries a 2014 option for the team to keep Tebow on board or trade him to another team.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2013/06/17/for-the-new-england-patriots-tim.html?ana=RSS&s=article_search&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bizj_denver+%28Denver+Business+Journal%29

Brady was a sixth round pick who should not have fallen anywhere near that far.  Brady also already had the mechanics to be a great QB.  Brady also went to a team that was already very good so he wasn't asked to do much.

On the other hand, Tebow shouldn't have been drafted anywhere near the first round.  He should have been drafted in the later rounds as a TE instead of a QB.  This a passing league and Tebow's throwing motion is terrible and he's been working on it for three years now.  He was an outfielder in baseball and he throws a football like it's a baseball.  No one will ever be able to change his throwing motion. 

Brady did not have the mechanics to be a great QB when he was drafted. He made the Pats as the 4th string QB and then was coached by Bill and co. and became the back up to Bledsoe the following year. He has continued to improve his game over the years but Tebow has the much more decorated collegiate career including the Heisman and two BSC rings. His throwing needs work but so did Aaron Rodgers. But here is the key, Brady and Rodgers had orgs that worked to develope them. Tebow was not wanted in Denver by Elway and Fox and clearly not wanted in NY so he has not been groomed so we really don't know how much he could improve. The Pats will see how far they can take him.