Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots sign Tim Tebow

MTC

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And on the Broncos, like we know everyone will be waiting for when the game comes.

Ah, yes. The Broncos. He hates them too. I would imagine the over/under on how many TDs he will score will be 3 maybe 4.

Hey someone needs to tell Welker that no one cares about him anymore and when the Pats do play the Broncos, Tebow will overshadow him...by a lot...he,he

I think that there is some risk involved... the Tebow Publicity Machine might be a distrction for the Pats, who run their offense like a machine as well... Probably not a huge risk, but I wish only the worst (football wise) for BB and Brady..

They withstood Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, and Chad Ocho. They can handle Tebow. Pretty much the circus has been in town from the day Brady took Bledsoe's job and started winnning SBs...

Ah, yes. The Broncos. He hates them too. I would imagine the over/under on how many TDs he will score will be 3 maybe 4.

Hey someone needs to tell Welker that no one cares about him anymore and when the Pats do play the Broncos, Tebow will overshadow him...by a lot...he,he

Oh boy so many storylines for the media to play with for that game. Teeeeebow vs Wes Welka. Should be fun. :)

Typical move by New England. Wanting to attract more attention to garner more headlines. Where are all the New England fans who claim this team flies under the radar now? Randy Moss... The Olympian Demps... Re-acquiring ousted OC McDaniels... Acquiring the controversial Ryan Mallett... And now Tebow. This organization's need for headlines is sickening.

Typical move by New England. Wanting to attract more attention to garner more headlines. Where are all the New England fans who claim this team flies under the radar?

lol. Sure that is what Belichick is all about - media attention. King of the one word syllable answers. He does not do a single thing that he does not think will help his team win. Now, that being said, I need to hear his explanation of this. :)

lol. Sure that is what Belichick is all about - media attention. King of the one word syllable answers. He does not do a single thing that he does not think will help his team win. Now, that being said, I need to hear his explanation of this. :)

I could understand their past signing of Randy Moss, reacquiring McDaniels, etc. because it does indeed help their team, but yea I fail to see how acquiring Tim Tebow is anything but giving a giant middle finger to the media and screaming, "We want attention!"

Typical move by New England. Wanting to attract more attention to garner more headlines. Where are all the New England fans who claim this team flies under the radar now? Randy Moss... The Olympian Demps... Re-acquiring ousted OC McDaniels... Acquiring the controversial Ryan Mallett... And now Tebow. This organization's need for headlines is sickening.

Hate much?

Every single move you mentioned was to improve the Patriots.

Unless you think a team shouldn't do that?

Oh, wait, it's the Patriots...

Hate much?

Every single move you mentioned was to improve the Patriots.

Unless you think a team shouldn't do that?

So you think Tim Tebow also helps improve the Pats? Be serious. Your team just wants headlines. Your team could have signed several other players to any of those positions to help improve their chances of winning, yet they take the most controversial option. For example, they didn't have to sign Chad Ochocinco at WR. Several other better options at WR, but no, they went for the headlines. Same thing going on here with Tim Tebow.

So you think Tim Tebow also helps improve the Pats? Be serious. Your team just wants headlines. Your team could have signed several other players to any of those positions to help improve their chances of winning, yet they take the most controversial option. For example, they didn't have to sign Chad Ochocinco at WR. Several other better options at WR, but no, they went for the headlines. Same thing going on here with Tim Tebow.

Oh, please. Clearly you have no idea how the Patriots function, and you understand BB even less.

He makes no moves with regards to the media. He couldn't care less about the media, how people view him or the Patriots, etc.

What that means, therefore, is that BB DOES see some role for Tebow on the 90-man roster.

That doesn't mean that he'll be here Week 1.

Oh, please. Clearly you have no idea how the Patriots function, and you understand BB even less.

He makes no moves with regards to the media. He couldn't care less about the media, how people view him or the Patriots, etc.

What that means, therefore, is that BB DOES see some role for Tebow on the 90-man roster.

That doesn't mean that he'll be here Week 1.

Well the GREAT BB has done nothing but stub his foot player personnel wise...

Tom Brady is keeping this ship afloat.    Not BB.   And if Bill thinks Tim is the future of NE football he has Josh McDingDong in his ear.

Carry on New England way ...         Brady is one year older.

They are because BB cannot draft ...     period.

I could understand their past signing of Randy Moss, reacquiring McDaniels, etc. because it does indeed help their team, but yea I fail to see how acquiring Tim Tebow is anything but giving a giant middle finger to the media and screaming, "We want attention!"

LOL

Well now that I'm over the shock. BB loves camp, it's his favorite part of football. He can play with all the toys he brought in. And now he has a Tebow toy he will try out somewhere.

If he does use him as a weapon it won't be as predictable as what the Jets did. with him.

Without Welker and Gronk unsure...a redzone weapon may be what he's thinking.

You're just being silly

If classiness equated to football proficiency, I would be the best QB of all time lol.

Can I answer u , i am not one of your NE friends but a Colt Friend  ( LOL )

Tebow’s  New England’s offensive coordinator: Josh McDaniels drafted Tebow three years ago in the first round.

It’s a safe assumption McDaniels  may have something already in his mind for him in a  some creative play calls

They may have plans for some options plays , who knows maybe both QBs in backfield plus an RB  and see who they snap too , May get confusing for D until teams get used to it

Maybe he will be another RB , who knows but think he will come cheap, its best place for him to go, and they can see how it works in camp

Yeah. They will use him way better than the Jets. Josh is an offensive mastermind...

Except NE won't be in the SB

House: I think you are a man of high character anyway. In the words of Channel News 4 Anchorman Ron Burgundy "Stay classy San Diego" I mean House.  ;) Colts friend or NE one Barry. I would never view you as a foe man. Yeah, Josh Mcdaniels is cooking something up here like unraveling Rex Ryan & the Jets organization from the inside from a former NY Green QB. My spy persona loves cloak & dagger unexplained moves like this new player acquistion. Always keep your NFL opposition guessing. He's just kicking over every stone. BOTT: I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Patriots so quickly. They are a very talented squad along with the Colts & the Broncos. JMO. 

I saw this move happening the day the Jets cut him....no claim to prophecy, but its classic BB.

If Tebow does make the team they'll probably use him along the lines of how they used Danny Woodhead.

But as long as we're drumming up a hatefest then I'll indulge myself and express the hope that if the Colts aren't in the AFCCG this year....I hope it's the Pats and Denver.

And since I hate John Elway more than I like Peyton Manning, then I hope Tebow scores a TD in a New England win. :td: :disco:

Well the GREAT BB has done nothing but stub his foot player personnel wise...

Tom Brady is keeping this ship afloat.    Not BB.   And if Bill thinks Tim is the future of NE football he has Josh McDingDong in his ear.

Carry on New England way ...         Brady is one year older.

I surprised by your post John. There is no way Bill or anyone in NE sees Tebow as Brady's replacement. Right now he is one memeber of a 90 roster team. He may not be here by the end of the week. He has been brought in because he is a football player with many skills and a great locker room presence. Hard to nit pick at Bill for this one given they got him for a bag of potatoes...

LOL

Well now that I'm over the shock. BB loves camp, it's his favorite part of football. He can play with all the toys he brought in. And now he has a Tebow toy he will try out somewhere.

If he does use him as a weapon it won't be as predictable as what the Jets did. with him.

Without Welker and Gronk unsure...a redzone weapon may be what he's thinking.

Like a free test drive without having to leave any collateral? Not a Ferrari or franchise QB more like a pinto, pacer, or mileage heavy family station wagon JJ...Just Kidding!  

If Tebow does make the team they'll probably use him along the lines of how they used Danny Woodhead.

Hmmm...Danny Woodhead's replacement...An intriguing idea pac56...Clever actually. Nice work! I couldn't agree with the remainder of your post however since I have always admired him [John Elway]  as a QB & now VP Of Football Operations in Denver. A sharp field general & front office football executive IMO. 

I like this.  Good for Tebow.  He's a hard worker and he deserves to be on a functional NFL franchise.  Belichick will know what to do with him and McDaniels is sure to have some plans for him as well.  I hope he does something crazy to win both games against the Jets.  Line him up at TE and get him 150 yards and 2 TDs in each game.  Or put him in the backfield and let him go for the same

I like this.  Good for Tebow.  He's a hard worker and he deserves to be on a functional NFL franchise.  Belichick will know what to do with him and McDaniels is sure to have some plans for him as well.  I hope he does something crazy to win both games against the Jets.  Line him up at TE and get him 150 yards and 2 TDs in each game.  Or put him in the backfield and let him go for the same

The reports are saying that Tebow will compete at QB, not at TE.  No one "deserves" to be on any NFL franchise.  There are many people who work just as hard or even harder than Tebow and they are not in the NFL. 

I think deep down we all know what is really going on here.

The Patriots are well aware of the Andrew Luck factor now in the AFC and our emerging upcoming dynasty.

In order to try and counter act this and match up they are going to try to start another dynasty which will somehow include Tim Tebow and they will also have God on their side now.

In NE they always look well ahead at the big picture.

I think deep down we all know what is really going on here.

The Patriots are well aware of the Andrew Luck factor now in the AFC and our emerging upcoming dynasty.

In order to try and counter act this and match up they are going to try to start another dynasty which will somehow include Tim Tebow and they will also have God on their side now.

In NE they always look well ahead at the big picture.

It is not every team that can have both God (Tebow) and Satan (Belichick). There will be no answer.

The reports are saying that Tebow will compete at QB, not at TE.  No one "deserves" to be on any NFL franchise.  There are many people who work just as hard or even harder than Tebow and they are not in the NFL. 

How many of those deserving players took a 1-4 team to the division title and won a playoff game?

wMpAuyZ.jpg

My warped sense of humor is picturing Boston native icon James Taylor singing "You've Got A Friend" as a computer musical chip inside that frame on the wall.  :funny:  :lol:  lmao

"You just call out my name, and you know where ever I am

I'll come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you have to do is call, Lord, I'll be there, yeah, yeah,
you've got a friend. You've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
Oh, yeah, yeah, you've got a friend."

Please tell me "where" I said TT was TB's replacement?

I think an ..   "if' was included..     

But ...     whatever..     Andrew Luck is Indy's QB.  so Fear Not..

I surprised by your post John. There is no way Bill or anyone in NE sees Tebow as Brady's replacement. Right now he is one memeber of a 90 roster team. He may not be here by the end of the week. He has been brought in because he is a football player with many skills and a great locker room presence. Hard to nit pick at Bill for this one given they got him for a bag of potatoes...