Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots sign Tim Tebow

MTC

Brady did not have the mechanics to be a great QB when he was drafted. He made the Pats as the 4th string QB and then was coached by Bill and co. and became the back up to Bledsoe the following year. He has continued to improve his game over the years but Tebow has the much more decorated collegiate career including the Heisman and two BSC rings. His throwing needs work but so did Aaron Rodgers. But here is the key, Brady and Rodgers had orgs that worked to develope them. Tebow was not wanted in Denver by Elway and Fox and clearly not wanted in NY so he has not been groomed so we really don't know how much he could improve. The Pats will see how far they can take him.

when u r right u r right

Though I dont know much about mechanics , Brady did show true steady , unemotional  leadership at U of M but do know that BB thought he needed accuracy work I think it was and he purposelessly left out Brady's report on what he needed to do to go up depth chart where Brady would see it and use it for inspiration

Now BB may have done this with other prospects too, dont know, all we know is Brady took what he saw , practiced hard , and developed as was planned and this tactic helped according to whatever articles I read this in in the past

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady did not have the mechanics to be a great QB when he was drafted. He made the Pats as the 4th string QB and then was coached by Bill and co. and became the back up to Bledsoe the following year. He has continued to improve his game over the years but Tebow has the much more decorated collegiate career including the Heisman and two BSC rings. His throwing needs work but so did Aaron Rodgers. But here is the key, Brady and Rodgers had orgs that worked to develope them. Tebow was not wanted in Denver by Elway and Fox and clearly not wanted in NY so he has not been groomed so we really don't know how much he could improve. The Pats will see how far they can take him.

Heisman trophies BCS rings mean nothing in the NFL.  Tebow was a great college football athlete but a poor QB.  Tebow flat out cannot throw the football.  No amount of training and grooming will change that.

Heisman trophies BCS rings mean nothing in the NFL.  Tebow was a great college football athlete but a poor QB.  Tebow flat out cannot throw the football.  No amount of training and grooming will change that.

I only see Tebow as special packages / trick plays

wrote once before  2 QBs and RB in backfield and get a surprise Direct snap to someone not named Brady

Or Brady to tebow to Brady to WR

I don't know. There have been some pretty special players in the NFL that have won the Heisman and/or national titles. I don't disagree about Tebow not being a great passer but he has not been trained either by a team. The Broncos were forced to start him and then gave up on him and the Jets never used him. A team like the Pats will teach him. We have yet to see how far he can go.

Why do so many people think that Belichick will mold Tebow into a successful QB?  You can't mold a rock!

I doubt Bill knows yet. That's what training camp is for.

He could very well be a backup QB should Brady go down as he does have experience.

As Bill would say..we'll see.

Deedub75, didn't you ever see Rambo 3 where the Colonel played by Richard Crenna gives the Special Forces Vietnam veteran played by Sylvester Stallone the speech about the sculptor who made a great statute out of rock & the towns people said he had made a marvelous creation & the sculptor said that he hadn't done anything great? The statute was always there. He had just cleared away the rough pieces of stone so everyone could see it. We didn't make you this elite soldier John Rambo. The soldier was always there. We just cleared away the rough edges. 

Translation: Let Bill Belichick see what he really has in Tim Tebow & see if the Grey Hoodie can mold Tebow into a serviceable backup field general as JJ suggests in training camp first before the entire league dismisses Tebow completely. 

Deedub75, didn't you ever see Rambo 3 where the Colonel played by Richard Crenna gives the Special Forces Vietnam veteran played by Sylvester Stallone the speech about the sculptor who made a great statute out of rock & the towns people said he had made a marvelous creation & the sculptor said that he hadn't done anything great? The statute was always there. He had just cleared away the rough pieces of stone so everyone could see it. We didn't make you this elite soldier John Rambo. The soldier was always there. We just cleared away the rough edges. 

Translation: Let Bill Belichick see what he really has in Tim Tebow & see if the Grey Hoodie can mold Tebow into a serviceable backup field general as JJ suggests in training camp first before the entire league dismisses Tebow completely. 

You summed it up for me when you said serviceable backup.  I think Tebow will be no more than a backup QB even under the tutelage of Belichick.