Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots sign Tim Tebow

MTC

I just don't get what their fasination is with TEs and stashing TEs like they have. Tebow will surely have some work in at TE and at RB. First thing I thought was "Are they replacing Woodhead with Tebow?"

If that were the case at least Tebow would see the field more often. Trick plays... does this make Amendola more of a asset or does this hurt Amendola? Unchanged maybe...

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you left out the neckbeard 

Oh yeah, Paul Bunyan himself haha I guess the guy is starting to accumulate his own status as a legend already in the midwest. The NFL should make a movie about these guys lol. The Extra-Pendables.

the trick play wouldn't be very effective unless he on the field for a large number of snaps

Yeah, if you trot him out there only once a game and it's fourth down the defense is already gonna know what's coming...unless he puts it in the air.  But I can see the effect being akin to that one time Belichick sent Mallett out and the team playing defense had to call timeout because they didn't know what the heck the Patriots were about to do.

This could mean that Mallet might be traded. If Bill feels he can actually play QB.

I think that might be a stretch.

The idea of Tom going down and all you have is Tim, in an offense that, in this incarnation, is very precisely run. That would keep Bill up at night IMO. Lol.

What do the rest of my NE friends think about this move? Are you surprised, mad, indifferent, is this a huge reclamation project, or will Bill cut Tebow before Preseason if Tim is not digesting or executing the playbook properly? Is Tim Tebow Chad Johnson 2.0? Thoughts? 

Meanwhile future "HOF'er" Chad Johnson is going to jail for butt-slapping his lawyer. Pac-Man Jones punched a woman. Tebow is classy compared to these clowns.

If classiness equated to football proficiency, I would be the best QB of all time lol.

Belichick has officially lost it.  I don't see much upside to this signing.  Pats already have the spotlight on them and they aren't struggling to sell tickets.  Sources say Tebow will complete at QB.  Will he even make the roster at QB?  Maybe they signed him to take Gronk's place. 

What do the rest of my NE friends think about this move? Are you surprised, mad, indifferent, is this a huge reclamation project, or will Bill cut Tebow before Preseason if Tim is not digesting or executing the playbook properly? Is Tim Tebow Chad Johnson 2.0? Thoughts? 

Can I answer u , i am not one of your NE friends but a Colt Friend  ( LOL )

Tebow’s  New England’s offensive coordinator: Josh McDaniels drafted Tebow three years ago in the first round.

It’s a safe assumption McDaniels  may have something already in his mind for him in a  some creative play calls

They may have plans for some options plays , who knows maybe both QBs in backfield plus an RB  and see who they snap too , May get confusing for D until teams get used to it

Maybe he will be another RB , who knows but think he will come cheap, its best place for him to go, and they can see how it works in camp

Bill never ceases to amaze. Not surprising given the Josh McDaniels factor and how cheap Tebow came. No draft pick surrendered and will not have to pay him any money. Win=win. Assuming he makes the team. :D

basically said same a second before u posted, how about 2 QBs in backfield with RB and direct snap at certain times to Tebow  may confuse Defense I thought above

Bill never ceases to amaze. Not surprising given the Josh McDaniels factor and how cheap Tebow came. No draft pick surrendered and will not have to pay him any money. Win=win. Assuming he makes the team. :D

I just fail to see how he will be used at all lol.

Is he better than any TE? No.

Is it worth taking the ball out of Brady's hands? No.

I just don't see his usefulness to them.

Not sure what Belichick is thinking here,  but I AM  sure he must have some plan in mind.  He "calculates" every move he ever makes.

I am not a fan of Tebow,  but I also don't have anything personal against him.  I really hope, for his sake,  that this is in his best interest, and not another team making a mockery of him.     :dunno:

I just fail to see how he will be used at all lol.

Is he better than any TE? No.

Is it worth taking the ball out of Brady's hands? No.

I just don't see his usefulness to them.

To point three, yes it is worth it to take the ball out of Brady's hands in certain situations when the defense is primed for a certain play call. He will be a beast in the red zone.

Can I answer u , i am not one of your NE friends but a Colt Friend  ( LOL )

Tebow’s  New England’s offensive coordinator: Josh McDaniels drafted Tebow three years ago in the first round.

It’s a safe assumption McDaniels  may have something already in his mind for him in a  some creative play calls

They may have plans for some options plays , who knows maybe both QBs in backfield and see who they snap too , May get confusing for D until teams get used to it

Maybe he will be another RB , who knows but think he will come cheap, its best place for him to go, and they can see how it works in camp

I know, that's the obvious connection. However McDaniels was arguably the worst thing to ever happen to the Denver franchise, and while I'm sure he resents being fired and still yearns to demonstrate how brilliant he was the whole time, it seems unlikely that Belichik would sacrifice his career on the alter of McDaniels ego.

Sounds like you agree however, that Belichik may be the one person who can say "we're going to bring you in on fourth and 1 so you can run an option play, but if you ever pass the ball you're not going to see the field again. Whatever Tebow does in NE, I'd be willing to bet that it's not going to be backing up Brady.

To point three, yes it is worth it to take the ball out of Brady's hands in certain situations when the defense is primed for a certain play call. He will be a beast in the red zone.

Never lol. There is no situation, short of very short yardage QB sneaks, where Tebow is the better option.

Unless Bill plans on calling the jump pass play every game. I'm not sure Toms "athletic" enough for that play.

I know, that's the obvious connection. However McDaniels was arguably the worst thing to ever happen to the Denver franchise, and while I'm sure he resents being fired and still yearns to demonstrate how brilliant he was the whole time, it seems unlikely that Belichik would sacrifice his career on the alter of McDaniels ego.

Sounds like you agree however, that Belichik may be the one person who can say "we're going to bring you in on fourth and 1 so you can run an option play, but if you ever pass the ball you're not going to see the field again. Whatever Tebow does in NE, I'd be willing to bet that it's not going to be backing up Brady.

Think all on forum can agree on that

will be trick play at the right moment, wont play till 4th and 1 with little time left Vs Denver weeks 12 

or if he does pass, that can be considered a trick play too with him ( LOL ) ,

have a good night all

I remember when BB was called a genius for the Haynesworth and Ochocinco signings. Let's let this play out first before we crown BB.

I don't think it's genius. Feels more like a favor than anything tactical.

Bill could use him anywhere. The best part is no one knows. Kind of like Jets except the Jets kept their plans for him secret inside their own locker room. The way I figure, this signing will be worth it just to watch him score a TD on the Jets. lol.

Bill could use him anywhere. The best part is no one knows. Kind of like Jets except the Jets kept their plans for him secret inside their own locker room. The way I figure, this signing will be worth it just to watch him score a TD on the Jets. lol.

And on the Broncos, like we know everyone will be waiting for when the game comes.

This will be a chad johnson/albert haynesworth type move for the patriots. At least there is no risk.. 

I think that there is some risk involved... the Tebow Publicity Machine might be a distrction for the Pats, who run their offense like a machine as well... Probably not a huge risk, but I wish only the worst (football wise) for BB and Brady..

The *s are going to take T.Tebow to the laboratory in the dungeon below the field and infuse T.Brady DNA, they will find T.Brady throwing gene and insert it into T.Tebow and when T.Brady retires at the end of this season then T.Tebow will be the next T.Brady. See I know what they were going to do all along!!!!!