Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

Ja'Crispy

saw this on rotoworld...  giving a little more info...

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Colts are still in "heavy negotiations" with free agent Ahmad Bradshaw.

The Colts are simply waiting Bradshaw out. Indy is almost certainly offering the league minimum, and with no other known suitors, Bradshaw has no leverage. With the Colts' mandatory minicamp starting Tuesday, the Indianapolis Star expects a resolution by Monday evening. A deal makes too much sense for both sides not to get done.
Related: Colts

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, hopefully the money side of this deal is figured out and they are just squabbling over a jersey number or something silly. 

Wiki says he's already signed.....wait a sec.....lol....

2013[edit]

Bradshaw was released by the Giants on February 6, 2013, to clear cap space and after the emergence of the rookie David Wilson[12] He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts in early June.

Well, hopefully the money side of this deal is figured out and they are just squabbling over a jersey number or something silly. 

2013[edit]

Bradshaw was released by the Giants on February 6, 2013, to clear cap space and after the emergence of the rookie David Wilson[12] He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts in early June.

Give him 32 in memory of Edge and cut Vaughn....or give him a duplicate number...Like Vaughn or not (You know I do not) he does not need to be wearing Edge's number! (Really nobody does for that matter)  :)

2013[edit]

Bradshaw was released by the Giants on February 6, 2013, to clear cap space and after the emergence of the rookie David Wilson. [12] He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts in early June.

haha

Maybe Rob Lowe updated Wikipedia??

2013[edit]

Nostradamus now writes Wiki pages... :lol:

That wasn't in reference to the signing. People asked him on that tweet was it about Bradshaw and he responded with this

@VickBallard: Idk anything about that. Sorry peps.

I still think that's what he meant, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ballard then went on to Retweet this

@JKfBaby93: @VickBallard can't even shake his head without people assuming things, and trying to analyze his tweets

Now JKfBaby93 can brag about being retweeted by Vick.

You're correct.  However, I can't help but think that most of us work just to make ends meat.  A lot of these pro athletes have stopped worrying about making ends meat long ago.  They're concerned with buying their fifth sports car or whether they're going to the Caribbean or the Mediterranean on their next vacation (which happens more than once a year).  I would think (I could be wrong) that once you get to that point, you tend to look at other things besides what's the pay going to be.

Hearing all of this makes me want to start a charity for athlete's after they're through playing.  It's up to us average Joe's to make sure that 30 year old so'n'so can still make his payments on his Lambo and his million dollar bungalow.  I can't finish.....I'm getting too teared up................ :Cry:  :Cry:

You are making the false presumption that a significant portion of NFL athletes are making top tier marquee financial salaries. Okay yes, this topic is revolving around a SB winning RB which automatically bumps his salary up another income bracket that is true Albaby, but there are athletes employed in this league making the minimum salary too. Not every football star is living on easy street in the lap of luxury either.  Trust me, if you are living in NY City playing for the Jets or Giants making the bare minimum with each game check the standard of living in NJ or the Big Apple isn't cheap just to get a basic roof over your head to sleep at night so you can be in close proximity to your football franchise every morning with a reasonable commute back & forth to work. 

The difference is.  His one deal he already had he wouldn't have to work the rest of his life.  Where most of us work for paycheck to paycheck.  Quit comparing athletes to regular people. Now do I think he should take less just to be with the colts.  No.  But do I think his contract request maybe out of ideal.  Well Pittsburgh past on him too.  So he must be asking to much.

Yeah because YOU KNOW exactly what he does with his money? Before you tell me to 'quit' doing anything why don't you look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you WOULDN'T take the best possible contract you could get.  Have you ever once thought that maybe he supports his entire family and not just the one living inside his own four walls? 

You're correct.  However, I can't help but think that most of us work just to make ends meat.  A lot of these pro athletes have stopped worrying about making ends meat long ago.  They're concerned with buying their fifth sports car or whether they're going to the Caribbean or the Mediterranean on their next vacation (which happens more than once a year).  I would think (I could be wrong) that once you get to that point, you tend to look at other things besides what's the pay going to be.

Again........look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you wouldn't take the best situation/contract! Maybe he supports his entire family and doesn't own four sports cars? Folks cast heavy stones and make baseless assumptions entirely too much!

everyone keeps saying money is what is keeping this deal from happening, but I think its a smokescreen. the reason is bradshaw doesnt wanna go to mini camp. there you have it folks so sit back and relax til thursday.

You are making the false presumption that a significant portion of NFL athletes are making top tier marquee financial salaries. Okay yes, this topic is revolving around a SB winning RB which automatically bumps his salary up another income bracket that is true Albaby, but there are athletes employed in this league making the minimum salary too. Not every football star is living on easy street in the lap of luxury either.  Trust me, if you are living in NY City playing for the Jets or Giants making the bare minimum with each game check the standard of living in NJ or the Big Apple isn't cheap just to get a basic roof over your head to sleep at night so you can be in close proximity to your football franchise every morning with a reasonable commute back & forth to work. 

I would play for free......:)  I will take 480K in any city and grow it.....I wish I had made one year's salary in the N (ot) F (For) L (Long)

I know I am crazy Brother...but just to play in the NFL to me would be a dream come true!!  

2013[edit]

haha

Maybe Rob Lowe updated Wikipedia??

Lollygager: 2 questions run through my head after reading that bolded statement above: Has wikipedia ever issued a retraction for deals that fell through especially in the format of a linked footnote & it kinda makes me wanna find a wikipedia page proclaiming that the earth is flat & listing justifications for it. Translation: Wikipedia is like a set of encyclopedias. It gives a person a basic overview or foundation on a topic, but it's hardly consumed with accuracy & reliable resource regarding in depth knowledge on any given subject.

Malakai432: Now that was LOL comedy gold right there! Take a bow sir. :hat:  

Lollygager: 2 questions run through my head after reading that bolded statement above: Has wikipedia every issued a retraction for deals that fell through especially in the format of a linked footnote & it kinda makes me wanna find a wikipedia page proclaiming that the earth is flat & listing justifications for it. Translation: Wikipedia is like a set of encyclopedias. It gives a person a basic overview or foundation on a topic, but it's hardly consumed with accuracy & reliable resource regarding in depth knowledge on any given subject.

Malakai432: Now that was LOL comedy gold right there! Take a bow sir. :hat:  

Being a comic book, and professional wrestling geek it always cracks me up when someone tries to present their knowledge that I know was gained solely from skimming Wikipedia. Remember when you actually had to work for information?

Maybe this will motivate him. There is no reason he should be mad. Man up and play hard.

lol, There is loads of reason for him to be mad. His job is at risk. This is another example of the cut throat nature of this business.

I would play for free...... :)  I will take 480K in any city and grow it.....I wish I had made one year's salary in the N (ot) F (For) L (Long)

I know I am crazy Brother...but just to play in the NFL to me would be a dream come true!!  

Yes, that is crazy Brent, but to me, that just another word  for"committed" man. Sounds perfect to me. I love guys that know when to flip on the intimidation switch on the gridiron!  :thmup:

lol, There is loads of reason for him to be mad. His job is at risk. This is another example of the cut throat nature of this business.

He's not getting cut, or replaced. If he truly thinks he's better than prove it. I don't have sympathy for him.

Being a comic book, and professional wrestling geek it always cracks me up when someone tries to present their knowledge that I know was gained solely from skimming Wikipedia. Remember when you actually had to work for information?

Exactly Corgi! The easy access to information doesn't necessarily make a person smarter. Largely because people often want a quick, fast food answer & they don't always apply critical thinking skills to what they may read online & nobody really knows how often wikipedia is updated & properly vetted for accuracy. There isn't even a mission statement highlighting reliable information as a primary concern of theirs either. 

One thing I will say in favor of wikipedia though is that it is nice when charting a HC or coordinator's NFL career as well as pinpointing when an exact SB was played in years past etc. etc.