Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My 53 Man Roster ( including Practice Squad)

GoColtsGo5150

Of course this may be way too earlier to make any decision on who we want on the roster but heres what I've come up with.

QB: Luck, Hasselbeck

HB: Ballard, Brown, K Williams

FB: Havii

WR: Wayne, Heyward-Bey, Hilton, Brazil, Palmer

TE: Fleener, Allen, Saunders

LT: AC, Justin Anderson

LG: Thomas, Reitz

C: Satele, Shipley, Holmes

RG: Thornton, Mcglynn

RT: Cherilus, Ijalana

LE: Redding, Mathews, 

RE: RJF, Moala

NT: Franklin, Chapman, Montori Hughes

ROLB ( rush LB): Mathis, Jerry Hughes, Sidbury

ILB: Freeman, Angerer, Conner, Hickman

LOLB: Werner, Walden

CB: Davis, Toler, Butler, Sheldon Price, Gordy

FS: Bethea, Lefeged

SS: Ladry, Boyett

LS: Overton

K: Vinateri

P: Mcafee

Practice Squad

Cunningham

Harnish

Whalen 

Teddy WIlliams

Lanear Sampson

Jeremy Kelley

Robert Griffin

Jamal-Rashard Patterson

25+ 25+ 3= 53

8= Practice Squad

I would like to see josh mcnarey OLB beat out sidbery for his spot..... I have a feeling that mcnarey will be and absolute beast !!.

I will be happy if either pan out, but I'm definitely pulling for McNary also. He was one of the most feared pass rushers in college football just a few years back. He has the discipline and focus from the Army officer program. He could be an absolute gem!

Good guess as any at this point. I'd love to see Ijalana on that final roster, it would mean he's fully recovered and ready to be what we wanted. Jskinnz is probably right, we'll carry 9 Olinemen, 10 at most. So the guys that can do double duty have an advantage.

I'm not sure we carry 5 WR either.

Good guess as any at this point. I'd love to see Ijalana on that final roster, it would mean he's fully recovered and ready to be what we wanted. Jskinnz is probably right, we'll carry 9 Olinemen, 10 at most. So the guys that can do double duty have an advantage.

I'm not sure we carry 5 WR either.

This is just as good a guess as any however you have at least two too many offensive linemen. No ways they carry 11 on the 53.

The reason for 11 Olineman is because of the injury concerns of some of the players last year, I mean, if need be we could cut Mcglynn and move one of the centers to guard but I dont see it helping.

Of course this may be way too earlier to make any decision on who we want on the roster but heres what I've come up with.

Practice Squad

Cunningham

Harnish

Whalen 

Teddy WIlliams

Lanear Sampson

Jeremy Kelley

Robert Griffin

Jamal-Rashard Patterson

25+ 25+ 3= 53

8= Practice Squad

I think you are pretty spot on.. Could see on of either Shipley or Satele gone.

Also think Nevis will be on the 53.

And do you believe Delone Carter is cut/released?

I think you are pretty spot on.. Could see on of either Shipley or Satele gone.

Also think Nevis will be on the 53.

And do you believe Delone Carter is cut/released?

Now personally, I would want to try and trade players like Carter, Nevis etc, because as we saw yesterday, even with little picks, we are willing to trade up. But if we can get picks for Carter and Nevis etc, then we could use those picks to trade up in next years draft.

Now personally, I would want to try and trade players like Carter, Nevis etc, because as we saw yesterday, even with little picks, we are willing to trade up. But if we can get picks for Carter and Nevis etc, then we could use those picks to trade up in next years draft.

If we could actually get anything in return I wouldn't be against it.. But I am unsure there would be much of a market for either of the 2 players. Never know though, and I am sure Grigs would make and recieve any phone calls for either

I think that Anderson is more of a long shot to make the roster and that Link will probably take his spot due to his versatility (he can suck at multiple positions :cheer: ) My hope is that Cunningham is better than Saunders and that Whalen or Sampson are good enough to beat out Palmer for that WR spot.. and maybe we put Satele or Shipley on the PS and give D. Carter his roster spot... then Williams can be listed as KR, which will likely be his main duty if he makes the team...

You are definitely close here... I'm not sure how it will all shake out, but the starters on both sides of the ball are looking like very good units...

We have 99 players on the roster right now, so it is very hard to pick for me at this time.

I also do not believe that Harnish is eligible for the practice squad this year, but some rule could have been changed that I have not heard about.

Drake Nevis will make the team.

I hope Ben Ijalana can make it through TC.

Griff Whalen > Palmer.

now are you picking whalen because you never seen Palmer play?? because Palmer has good hands, and has speed. the only big thing whalen really has over Palmer is that he played with luck in college. dont get me wrong though, i would love to see whalen make the team. 

I think Vaughn makes the roster

I think Nevis makes the roster

I think Cunningham makes the roster (but this one is more of long shot than the others)

And then some Notes

1. Our team looks so much better on paper than it did last season. OLB, NT, DE, S, OG, C look much improved.

2. The position I question the most is OT. I'm comfortable with AC and Cherilus, but I'm not sure about the guys behind them.

3. I really hope Ijalana finally makes his debut this year. He has 2 years of no playing, but has the potential to find a place on the line.

4. I really like a RB situation. There were a few guys in this years draft I would have liked, but I'm glad the coaches think we're fine.

5. I think the WR battle can be interesting. I think Wayne, DHB, and Hilton are locks, but after that I think anything is possible.

I think Cunningham makes the roster (but this one is more of long shot than the others)

And then some Notes

1. Our team looks so much better on paper than it did last season. OLB, NT, DE, S, OG, C look much improved.

2. The position I question the most is OT. I'm comfortable with AC and Cherilus, but I'm not sure about the guys behind them.

3. I really hope Ijalana finally makes his debut this year. He has 2 years of no playing, but has the potential to find a place on the line.

4. I really like a RB situation. There were a few guys in this years draft I would have liked, but I'm glad the coaches think we're fine.

5. I think the WR battle can be interesting. I think Wayne, DHB, and Hilton are locks, but after that I think anything is possible.

Vaughn I can gurantee you that vaughn won't be on the roster after TC,even chuck and grigs could see it a mile off he shouldn't be on the field for us.

Nevis is one of those players who seems to be out of their comfort zone in our new scheme. A trade looks like a possible option to someone like the cowboys.

And really, I hope that cunningham makes the roster, he looks like an absolute steal at mr irrelevant but I like saunders aswell and we cant have 4 TEs or 2 FBs on the roster.

Vaughn I can gurantee you that vaughn won't be on the roster after TC,even chuck and grigs could see it a mile off he shouldn't be on the field for us.

Nevis is one of those players who seems to be out of their comfort zone in our new scheme. A trade looks like a possible option to someone like the cowboys.

And really, I hope that cunningham makes the roster, he looks like an absolute steal at mr irrelevant but I like saunders aswell and we cant have 4 TEs or 2 FBs on the roster.

If they didn't think he belonged on the field then why did they keep him on the field and not play Gordy (who you have making the roster) more, and why would then bother tendering him? I think Vaughn is fine as a back up considering the other players we have. He's a solid tackler, and was actually pretty good in coverage on shorter routes. It's was when he went deep that led to most of the penalties or battles he lost (which were often against very talented, established receivers. I'm not saying I'd feel comfortable with this guy as a starter. I'm just saying that compared to some of the other guys you have making the roster, I don't think it's a longshot at all that he could be on the team come Week 1.

vaughn will make the roster price or jordy will not

Price and gordy are better than vaughn. If he bulks up and gains about 10 lbs, I reckon price will have reserved his place on the roster.

In which case, since we already have 4 Cbs on the roster, which means the last spot would be between vaughn, gordy or Daxton swanson, which means there is a 66% chance vaughn doesn't make the roster.

And then some Notes

You can correlate 2 with 3. Ijalana can play both tackle spots along with guard. As most have said, he has to get healthy first but if he does he will be very valuable.

I think that Whalen would probably get the nod over Palmer, but that's just me. 

Also, I think that the only way Werner starts over Walden is if Werner tears up TC and Walden blows. Although Werner could easily be better than Walden, Walden is more experienced and knows this system much better than Werner, making him the better candidate to start.

Everything else looks solid, except I think they'd dump one OL (imo McGlynn) and keep Nevis. 

Price and gordy are better than vaughn. If he bulks up and gains about 10 lbs, I reckon price will have reserved his place on the roster.

In which case, since we already have 4 Cbs on the roster, which means the last spot would be between vaughn, gordy or Daxton swanson, which means there is a 66% chance vaughn doesn't make the roster.

Did price even get any playing time last season? gordy played very little I doubt they're better than vaughn colts resigned him for a reason and it's not to bench him either

For those who think vaughn will make the roster, I would like to ask why.assuming there are 5 CBs on the roster, 3 spots will be filled by davis, toler and butler. That means the other 2 will be between marshay green, teddy williams, gordy,vaughn, daxton swanson,nigel malone and sheldon price. As you can see, I chose price and gordy for the last 2 spots and williams to be on the practice squad.

Montori Hughes will play DE for us, not NT

I believe he will play both (mainly DE though), but it is intriguing when we think about how we will have 3 DL combining for around 1000 lbs., especially when 2 years ago, we used to field 4 DL that combined for around 1100 lbs.

I think Grigson said Hughes is 340 lbs. If so and he plays end then that is one big DE.

Practice Squad

Cunningham

Harnish

Whalen

Teddy WIlliams

Lanear Sampson

Jeremy Kelley

Robert Griffin

Jamal-Rashard Patterson

25+ 25+ 3= 53

8= Practice Squad

Boyett will play FS, replace Palmer with Whalen or Kelley. Drop a Cb or lb and add harnish Other than that I agree