Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pathetic...

Day 3 has been absolutely pathetic so far...Pass on a Jesse Williams in the back of the 4th, and draft Holmes who probably would have been there in the 6th, and then trade next years 4th to get a guy who isn't as good as Williams...No RB, No Wr, No S? All this Grigson we trust nonsense is making me queasy to be honest....We have passed on some pretty damn good players...Luck made everyone look good last year, it was more about him than Griswald or Pagano...I'm starting to worry now.

Day 3 has been absolutely pathetic so far...Pass on a Jesse Williams in the back of the 4th, and draft Holmes who probably would have been there in the 6th, and then trade next years 4th to get a guy who isn't as good as Williams...No RB, No Wr, No S? All this Grigson we trust nonsense is making me queasy to be honest....We have passed on some pretty darn good players...Luck made everyone look good last year, it was more about him than Griswald or Pagano...I'm starting to worry now.

You do understand that without an OLINE Luck, nor the RB's/WR's can be worth anything, right? Make the Oline better, then the whole team gets better.

There has to be some concern about Williams' knee. I have read numerous articles about how athletic he is and how is a great run stopper. I realize he is a little raw and at the moment not much of a pass rush threat, but you can't teach athleticism at his size.

Hughes transferred from Tennessee so there is a character risk with him although I am not certain the extent. I hate to trade a future 4th, but a pick in the early 5th for what may be a late 4th next year isn't a huge reach. I will say the Lions made the same trade last year and they lost an early 4th rounder for it.

ok but seriously people need to just be quiet about all this, Picks x, y, and b are bad because In my opinion (not an expert at all, Haven't watched any tape on most of them) there are better players when the FO people (the people who watch hours and hours of tape) see something in the players that they pick, most of you don't know what you are talking about, yet act like you know who the correct pick it smh

You do understand that without an OLINE Luck, nor the RB's/WR's can be worth anything, right? Make the Oline better, then the whole team gets better.

Yes I do understand we drafted Hughes who I like, we signed Cherilous and Thomas...We could have had Schwenke or B.Jones, I likes Holmes in the 6th..Can't believe we passed on Jesse Williams and then traded next years 4th to get another DT?? We are gonna be good no matter what cause Luck is here, just like Manning carried us so will Luck...Love the Werner pick but my grandma coulda made that pick...Not impressed with the rest at all...

This is for the person who entitled his last post Pathetic because it brings me back to the point I just made some of the smaller schools do produce good players so you don't know it might be depth also not all of last years picks were flashy either so this the GM I think is doing a good job filling the gaps in this team and again your complaining before you see this player perform plus how do you know how good he is. tired of the complaining. :flaming:  :flaming:  :flaming: :flaming:  :flaming:  :flaming:  :flaming:  :flaming:im just saying watch the guy perform before you complain and also its probably depth. 

Day 3 has been absolutely pathetic so far...Pass on a Jesse Williams in the back of the 4th, and draft Holmes who probably would have been there in the 6th, and then trade next years 4th to get a guy who isn't as good as Williams...No RB, No Wr, No S? All this Grigson we trust nonsense is making me queasy to be honest....We have passed on some pretty darn good players...Luck made everyone look good last year, it was more about him than Griswald or Pagano...I'm starting to worry now.

I haven't been that happy today either.    But since seeing you're this miserable....   well,  then.....

I LOVE THIS DRAFT!!!    THIS MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE DRAFT OF ALL TIME!!!

GRIGSON FOR NFL EXECTIVE OF THE YEAR,  PART DEAUX!!!       :disco:

Posts like this illustrate one of the things that has really impressed me about Grigson and our staff since they came here.....

These guys trust their instincts and have faith in their process with regard to scouting. They are not second guessing themselves because of scouting reports in the media or fan forums. It has worked well for them so far. They do not need to rely on Mel Kiper's big board if they have done their homework on these players.

There is something to be said here about value and whether or not we might've been able to get someone in a later round, but I'm sure that Indy's war room has their fingers closer to the pulse than we do... they do know things that we don't. Player interviews are very important to the process. I'd think more-so than combine numbers.

As far as the pundits go, many had Holmes as their highest ranking C and do not seem to be blasting the pick so far... C was a huge need for us and the value seemed to be there.

The Hughes pick really caught me off guard, but I'm going to trust the judgement of the guys that have actually met the kid and poured over all of his film before I use media consensus as my measuring stick...

I would have taken different players myself, but nobody wants to pay me to do it.

thank you, Vick Ballard is our starting RB, our safeties are one of the best combos in the NFL, and we may have a top 10 1-2 corner punch in the NFL

Actually we do need to add a RB. Running back is probably the most important position on the team to have DEPTH at. We have Donald Brown who can't stay health and Delone Carter who can't hang on to the football. I really like Vick Ballard, but he is not Edgerrin James. He cannot carry the load for the team the whole season without injury. He needs to share the load.

I would take a hard look at Miguel Mayosenet (spelling?) from Stonybrook in the 7th. He is not huge, just solid.

Actually we do need to add a RB. Running back is probably the most important position on the team to have DEPTH at. We have Donald Brown who can't stay health and Delone Carter who can't hang on to the football. I really like Vick Ballard, but he is not Edgerrin James. He cannot carry the load for the team the whole season without injury. He needs to share the load.

I would take a hard look at Miguel Mayosenet (spelling?) from Stonybrook in the 7th. He is not huge, just solid.

you say this yet Ballard had 800+ yards last season without hardly playing in the first 4 games, if he had started the whole season he would be a 1,000 yard rusher, which for a rookie, is GREAT, we don't need Edgerrin James, we need a solid starter, and Ballard is that, not to mention Ballard never missed a game in his rookie season, so I don't know where you came up with he can't carry the load without injury like injury with him is a big concern

you say this yet Ballard had 800+ yards last season without hardly playing in the first 4 games, if he had started the whole season he would be a 1,000 yard rusher, which for a rookie, is GREAT, we don't need Edgerrin James, we need a solid starter, and Ballard is that

I am not saying we need Edgerrin James. I am saying that Ballard is not Edgerrin James in that he cannot handle the bulk of the carries all season as James did while in Indy. The last part of the season, Ballard took the bulk of the carries. I highly doubt he can make it through a full season with that sort of work load. We need a better and more reliable complementary back. As I said, I really like Ballard, one of the steals in last season's draft. We cannot rely on Brown to stay health and Carter to stop screwing up.

Yes I do understand we drafted Hughes who I like, we signed Cherilous and Thomas...We could have had Schwenke or B.Jones, I likes Holmes in the 6th..Can't believe we passed on Jesse Williams and then traded next years 4th to get another DT?? We are gonna be good no matter what cause Luck is here, just like Manning carried us so will Luck...Love the Werner pick but my grandma coulda made that pick...Not impressed with the rest at all...

pretty sure grigson doesn't care if you are impressed or not... I'm guessing he has a lot more info on these guys than you do

Wasn't Grigson a scout and director of personnel for one of the more successful teams of the past decade? Say what you want about free agency, but his forte and bread and butter is his ability to evaluate college players and find players that fit need and scheme. Why would anyone not trust him? His first 5 picks last year resulted in 5 productive starters for an 11-5 playoff team.

All I can say is we are not going BPA for sure which everyone was saying and then when we reach for need we aren't even getting the best guy at need???? I would trade our draft for Houston's or Green Bay's right now...We got lucky with Werner, but the rest was really subpar, we've passed on players that would have really helped us...I DT was not an area of NEED at all and I still would have taken Jesse Williams cause there are not that many humans his size on earth and he is something we don't have...We have 4 or 5 guys like Hughes right now, and Holmes I've looked at a lot and would have been a good depth guy in the 6th or 7th, but he is a major reach where we got him...All you people who say Satele sucks...Who do you think signed Satele????

Wasn't Grigson a scout and director of personnel for one of the more successful teams of the past decade? Say what you want about free agency, but his forte and bread and butter is his ability to evaluate college players and find players that fit need and scheme. Why would anyone not trust him? His first 5 picks last year resulted in 5 productive starters for an 11-5 playoff team.

He was scout director of personnel the last few years when Philadelphia made mistake after mistake and imploded yes...

pretty sure grigson doesn't care if you are impressed or not... I'm guessing he has a lot more info on these guys than you do

I hope he is right...Luck will carry them no matter what anyways, but we missed some big-time guys we could've had for some middle of the road depth guys.

Then worry. Maybe this team and how we do things do not fit your standard. 

Tell me this - what team has the players you wish we drafted on it? You have my blessing, you can be their fan for this year. That way you can root for them and just watch what we do with our players. If we happen to do good enough to earn your favor back next year - we will save you a spot on the wagon.

Im personally amped for whoever we get because I know they are bringing a strong work ethic and will be a stand up guy. 2 things that no matter how good you are, can make you better.

You are crying about players you think you know. If Grigs and Pags choose one player over another after they are the ones evaluating these guys, who are you to say they are wrong. What, do you run a scouting firm around here somewhere? How many hours did you spend in interviews during the combine?

Calm down a little. You are acting like your brother is getting better toys than you for Christmas - but you havent opened yours yet you just see his. Their was only one winner last year. Everyone else was in the same boat.

I'm kinda liking the picks so far. They fit into a larger, multi-year picture. While we did very well last year, the lack of depth and skill probably scared the stuffing out of the coaching staff and FO. They don't want to be in that position again, this year. IMO, we got lucky (no pun intended). But going forward, I bet we are going to be pleased with everyone drafted so far (at least though round 5).

He was scout director of personnel the last few years when Philadelphia made mistake after mistake and imploded yes...

Wow - its official - if you are jumping shipp - dont be a coward about it. Move around. What, you want people to talk you into being a Colts fan? How weird is this. If you haven't been sold on Grigson since his days at PHI, then whats the problem? You should have expected this, right.

I hope he is right...Luck will carry them no matter what anyways, but we missed some big-time guys we could've had for some middle of the road depth guys.

again, big time guys in your mind, and big time guys in grigsons are vastly different

Wow - its official - if you are jumping shipp - dont be a coward about it. Move around. What, you want people to talk you into being a Colts fan? How weird is this. If you haven't been sold on Grigson since his days at PHI, then whats the problem? You should have expected this, right.

I'm a Colts fan till I die, had to deal with Irsay as GM, Tobin as GM, Caldwell as coach, but I'm not crowning Grigson or Pagano at all yet...I see us being outdrafted and out maneuvered in FA by every team in our division...We struggled with O-Line and we brought in some decent guys, but Tennessee for example brought in 3 bigtime Pro-Bowl potential linemen for Chris Johnson to run behind...Jax improved their line and put playmakers on the field to go with Blackmon and MJD...Houston got the best WR and one of the best Safeties in the draft...Look, I like Werner a lot and Hughes could be good, but day 3 has been bad IMO...Day 1 and 2 were good, but we missed bad today.

he wasn't the gm. the gm makes the calls, not the scouting director. plus all teams make mistakes, drafting and free agency isn't a exact science.. let the guys play, then decide if they are any good or not

Dear God

I'm a Colts fan till I die, had to deal with Irsay as GM, Tobin as GM, Caldwell as coach, but I'm not crowning Grigson or Pagano at all yet...I see us being outdrafted and out maneuvered in FA by every team in our division...We struggled with O-Line and we brought in some decent guys, but Tennessee for example brought in 3 bigtime Pro-Bowl potential linemen for Chris Johnson to run behind...Jax improved their line and put playmakers on the field to go with Blackmon and MJD...Houston got the best WR and one of the best Safeties in the draft...Look, I like Werner a lot and Hughes could be good, but day 3 has been bad IMO...Day 1 and 2 were good, but we missed bad today.

:facepalm: send irsay your resume, I'm sure he will call you

again, big time guys in your mind, and big time guys in grigsons are vastly different

What makes Grigson so brilliant...He drafted luck who carried us and made guys like Hilton, Allen, and even Avery look better than they are...He might have missed on Fleenor that could still go either way, and the o-linemen he brought in last year about got Luck killed...Much like Peyton covered up mistakes Luck does the same...Pagano has 5 games under his belt and was 2-3..Look, he is a great personal story but that doesn't make him a great coach...Look what Carroll is doing coaching and drafting in Seattle and the way Cincy has been drafting and coming up lately...

What makes Grigson so brilliant...He drafted luck who carried us and made guys like Hilton, Allen, and even Avery look better than they are...He might have missed on Fleenor that could still go either way, and the o-linemen he brought in last year about got Luck killed...Much like Peyton covered up mistakes Luck does the same...Pagano has 5 games under his belt and was 2-3..Look, he is a great personal story but that doesn't make him a great coach...Look what Carroll is doing coaching and drafting in Seattle and the way Cincy has been drafting and coming up lately...

grigso. had like 32.50 to try and build a team with last year. he was awarded executive of the year for a reason.

CJ has been a one hit wonder. Locker is a no hit wonder. They might have a good line, but they won't win with that QB/RB tandem. Believe it or not, we got better than them this year. They will NOT run against us and Lockernis not good enough to beat us n the air.