Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Multiple Reports: Manning Out For The Year (Mega-Merge!)

ColtsPacersfan

well if our team and defense keep getting better peyton will have a good team next year also anderson and brayton is really helping the run stoping

our best line up was

freeney

nevis

johnson

mathis

all stoped the run good

anderson and brayton played well on a positive note

Peyton won't go on IR because they want him to be able to practice with the team. IR players can't practice with the team, and this isn't New England.

Peyton will be ready to play faster if he has the benefit of working with the team come December. Apparently, he will be cleared for practice in December.

Irsay later clarified in a Tweet saying that a Manningless season was not "for sure" and that the team is keeping him on the active roster.

There is an outside chance, Irsay said, that Peyton could return in December.

@JimIrsay "I didn't say Peyton out 4season FOR SURE,keeping him on ActiveRoster n taking it month by month/Outside chance of return n December possible"Manning PROBABLY out for season but it looks like media exagerated Irsay's comments to get more mileage. I personally think it makes sense for him to wait till next year, but it certainly isn't a DONE DEAL. The above came from the Wish TV 8 web-site but is on the twitter account as well.

GO COLTS,

I don't believe his statement for why it took so long to get his surgery. I believe this is nothing but a conspiracy to get Andrew Luck. I'm starting to believe that Irsay sat Peyton down and ask "How much would you take to sit out this season?" A billionare has an awful lot of money to give to a millionare.

I don't believe his statement for why it took so long to get his surgery. I believe this is nothing but a conspiracy to get Andrew Luck. I'm starting to believe that Irsay sat Peyton down and ask "How much would you take to sit out this season?" A billionare has an awful lot of money to give to a millionare.

This is a Joke right?

Lord I hope you are joking.

best post ever this is so true...

NOT!

This is a Joke right?

Lord I hope you are joking.

No, I'm not joking. Ask yourself this. What did Peyton bring to the Colts and the city? Did he bring a new stadium to Indy? Did he get a SB in Indy? Did he bring a million dollar company, to a billion dollar company? Did he not sell out the season for the last 13 years? Dude, you got to understand that this is a business. You have to look towards the future. If you can get the next Peyton Manning for the next 15 years, then you won't get him buy winning the SB. You might not want to believe it, but I'm all for it.

No, I'm not joking. Ask yourself this. What did Peyton bring to the Colts and the city? Did he bring a new stadium to Indy? Did he get a SB in Indy? Did he bring a million dollar company, to a billion dollar company? Did he not sell out the season for the last 13 years? Dude, you got to understand that this is a business. You have to look towards the future. If you can get the next Peyton Manning for the next 15 years, then you won't get him buy winning the SB. You might not want to believe it, but I'm all for it.

Ewey ewey ewey.... ahahahahahaha! Ever watch the conspiracy theory with mel gibson? How did that turn out for mel later in life? Nuttier than a squirrel nonsense.

Ewey ewey ewey.... ahahahahahaha! Ever watch the conspiracy theory with mel gibson? How did that turn out for mel later in life? Nuttier than a squirrel nonsense.

Yeah I did. He saved the day, saved the girl, saved the government, and was correct on his conspiracy theory. (Off the subject)Do you really think that giving 450 billion to companies is going to make them hire people. That is just like saying "Here morgage and credit card companies, here is 900 billion dollars to get out of dept." Then why am I still getting calls from the company that got the most money, asking me to pay off my credit card, when it has already been paid off?

well if our team and defense keep getting better peyton will have a good team next year also anderson and brayton is really helping the run stoping

our best line up was

freeney

nevis

johnson

mathis

all stoped the run good

anderson and brayton played well on a positive note

Johnson and Nevis played exceptionaly well. I would like to see Nevis be our starter before the end of the year.

Yeah I did. He saved the day, saved the girl, saved the government, and was correct on his conspiracy theory. (Off the subject)Do you really think that giving 450 billion to companies is going to make them hire people. That is just like saying "Here morgage and credit card companies, here is 900 billion dollars to get out of dept." Then why am I still getting calls from the company that got the most money, asking me to pay off my credit card, when it has already been paid off?

Wrong. I said how did that turn out for MEL later in life. Not his character. Slaps head. He lost his wife, kids, home, and knocked up what looked like a teenager.

this conspiracy nonsense is just that. nonsense.

From Colta Owner Jim Irsay during this morning's luncheon: "Don't expect Peyton Manning on the field until 2012." As reported by the Indy Star.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110926/SPORTS03/109260356/Irsay-Don-t-expect-Peyton-Manning-back-until-2012

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822952fc/article/report-colts-irsay-say-manning-out-for-season

I am not sure why this took so long. I don't think that anyone wanted him to try to play this season. Although, I don't think that he is on IR yet.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/sports/colts_and_nfl/peyton-manning-out-for-the-season

I certainly am happy to hear that he is out for the season and did not announce retirement. An orthopedic surgeon on SNF blatantly said if he was Peyton's doctor, he would tell him to retire.(Check that; I saw so many games yesterday; it may have been an earlier game.)

Peyton is a tough person. You can bet that he will follow doctors' orders and rehab properly and stay in shape in every way. I thought he looked well last night and I saw him turn his neck a few times. He looked well, but must admit he did not look very happy. It must be killing him to not be able to play and watch his Colts go down.

We'll know its over for Peyton this year when they put him on injured reserve...

Until then..he's coming back to practice in December..which is what has always been suggested..

Obviously, if we have been eliminated from playoff contention, he may not play...

But do his actions indicate he's given up on playing this year.??.