Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts strength of schedule...

In Luck We Trust

according to NFL.com, the colts rank 30th in strength of schedule for 2013. so apparently we have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this coming season.Denver has the easiest schedule come 2013 with san diego then indianapolis. with carolina havin the toughest schedule out of the NFL. 

our opponents combined record from last season is 117-137-2 leaving a .461 win %

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137115/article/teambyteam-strength-of-schedule-for-2013

Can't say I am happy about this. The whole objective of the NFL and sport in general is to prove you are better than everyone else. You don't get there with easy scheduless.

That being said, due to the fluctuation in strength with NFL teams, it is very hard to assess strength of schedule this early in the year.

49ers

Broncos

Texans x2

Seahawks

Well, they got a point. Those will probably be the hardest games we play. Who's the 2 "wildcard" teams we play this year?

Im going to say Arizona and Miami. Az finally has a decent QB in carson palmer, and if rashard mendenhall can stay healthy their run game could be good. they have the WR's, their defense is set. i felt last season they just lacked the QB position and that is why they struggled. 

Miami i think with the additions of Wallace and Keller solidified their offense enough to make a push for a WC spot in the playoffs. I havent looked at their schedule, so i dont know how it fairs on their behalf. but according to the link i posted at the top of this page, they have the 8th toughest schedule so i may be getting ahead of myself just alittle with them lol.

all in all i believe those two teams will prob give us the biggest fits aside from playing Houston,denver,seattle, and san fran.  

Strength of schedule is a big meh to me.  

What we think now will be different by the end of the season. What we think now is an easy win could turn out to be a good loss.  Teams that we think will be good will turn out to be junk and teams that we think will be junk will turn out to be really good.

Im going to say Arizona and Miami. Az finally has a decent QB in carson palmer, and if rashard mendenhall can stay healthy their run game could be good. they have the WR's, their defense is set. i felt last season they just lacked the QB position and that is why they struggled.

Miami i think with the additions of Wallace and Keller solidified their offense enough to make a push for a WC spot in the playoffs. I havent looked at their schedule, so i dont know how it fairs on their behalf. but according to the link i posted at the top of this page, they have the 8th toughest schedule so i may be getting ahead of myself just alittle with them lol.

all in all i believe those two teams will prob give us the biggest fits aside from playing Houston,denver,seattle, and san fran.

I thought the 2 teams were determined by who finished in the same place as us in their division?

Strength of schedule is pretty meaningless to me. Unless you're looking at how each team is playing at the time you face them, and take into consideration injuries and things like that, there's no point to it. The Falcons didn't beat the same Broncos team that wound up winning 11 games in a row. It's incredibly subjective, so it's impossible to really rate strength of schedule.

Besides, I don't think it matters. You play the teams they tell you to play. Nothing you can do about it.

I thought the 2 teams were determined by who finished in the same place as us in their division?

nevermind i get what your asking now lol. I was stating those two teams would prob be my picks to make the wild card in the AFC and NFC lol. 

but to answer your question, Miami did finish 2nd in their division although were in 7-9 still finished second, and seeing that were only playing Miami and Buffalo in 2013 i would say its Miami is one of them, but then then bengals because they are the only AFC north team we play in 2013 and they finished 2nd in their division also. San diego did too, but were playing the AFC West and NFC west so that counts out both Seattle and San Diego as the " wild card " games for us. so yeah the dolphins and bengals. 

nevermind i get what your asking now lol. I was stating those two teams would prob be my picks to make the wild card in the AFC and NFC lol.

but to answer your question, Miami did finish 2nd in their division although were in 7-9 still finished second, and seeing that were only playing Miami and Buffalo in 2013 i would say its Miami is one of them, but then then bengals because they are the only AFC north team we play in 2013 and they finished 2nd in their division also. San diego did too, but were playing the AFC West and NFC west so that counts out both Seattle and San Diego as the " wild card " games for us. so yeah the dolphins and bengals.

Oh no, I wasn't asking for that "wildcard" haha . We gotta get to the season first before we start predicting playoff teams

Strength of schedule is a big meh to me.  

What we think now will be different by the end of the season. What we think now is an easy win could turn out to be a good loss.  Teams that we think will be good will turn out to be junk and teams that we think will be junk will turn out to be really good.

yep

wonder what all those teams thought as they looked at the colts on their schedule last year?

Strength of schedule is pretty meaningless to me. Unless you're looking at how each team is playing at the time you face them, and take into consideration injuries and things like that, there's no point to it. The Falcons didn't beat the same Broncos team that wound up winning 11 games in a row. It's incredibly subjective, so it's impossible to really rate strength of schedule.

Besides, I don't think it matters. You play the teams they tell you to play. Nothing you can do about it.

I have to agree with you on this. Strength of schedule is always over rated. If you want to go win the super bowl it still makes no difference who you play. Just win. 

Posted · Hidden by Superman, April 17, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Superman, April 17, 2013 - No reason given

Can't say I am happy about this. The whole objective of the NFL and sport in general is to prove you are better than everyone else. You don't get there with easy scheduless.

That being said, due to the fluctuation in strength with NFL teams, it is very hard to assess strength of schedule this early in the year.

# you you stupid +

Not sure why anyone cares about the strength of schedule, the schedule formula dictates who you play. Colts play Jax twice a year and they finished 31st in the league, Colts also play AFC West with KC & Oak who finished 32nd & 30th so 4 of the Colts 16 games are against the 3 weakest teams from the 2012 season, those teams may not be the weakest teams come September but as of the end of this past season thats how it panned out...

Don't understand whats to like or dislike about the situation, its all pre formulated...

Strength of schedule , the way it's calculated is total nonsense. We play Houston twice plus 3 or the 4 Super bowl favorites. What brings the "number" down to the low .461 mark is playing Jacksonvile twice and KC once. Playing 3 games vs 2-14 teams doesn't necessarily mean you have a cream puff schedule. If you add up all of our tough games , there is now way it's the 30th toughest in the league. Plus that KC . , Miami and SL should be much improved. Any knowledgeable football person would not think this was an "easy" schedule.

This schedule is hard. We play the chargers a team we struggled against in recent years plus we barely beat the dolphins and chiefs last year. Then you have a physical rams team and tough arizona d.also didnt that shonne green go to the titans. He ran all over us last year.

This schedule is hard. We play the chargers a team we struggled against in recent years plus we barely beat the dolphins and chiefs last year. Then you have a physical rams team and tough arizona d.also didnt that shonne green go to the titans. He ran all over us last year.

I do believe the Charger struggles were in the Peyton Era. This is an entirely different team now. So you don't know how we'll fair against them