Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts agree to terms with WR Darrius Heyward Bey (merge)

Steagles

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His hands haven't been NEARLY as bad the last 2 years.  He still gets a bad rap because he was, err...unpolished...? earlier in his career.

Really, the reason he gets a bad rap is because he was drafted way too high. He's not a complete receiver, and never has been, but that's true of a lot of receivers. But he does add an element to our offense that might make life easier for the entire unit.

TY had the highest drop rate in the league. DHB wasn't even in the top 10.

And he still had a better season than most WR's. Just not a fan of any Raider WR's. All are fast with no hands. Best one is probably D. Moore he did pretty well in a few games I saw him in

Not so fast. We still need Reggie's successor. If Grigsie feels there is a worthy WR in the first, I'm all for it. DHB is a nice piece to the puzzle, but he's not a #1 receiver

One year deal tells me the Colts still may very well draft a receiver in round one if there's someone there they like.

And he still had a better season than most WR's. Just not a fan of any Raider WR's. All are fast with no hands. Best one is probably D. Moore he did pretty well in a few games I saw him in

Funny that you mention that. Avery and Hilton were #1 and #2 in dropped pass % and the 3rd and 4th were both Raiders receivers.

Since vontae and toler have health issues I see us drafting a corner or a wide reciever

Well I wouldn't say Vontae has health issues. Yeah, he missed some games last year, but in Miami he missed only a couple of games in his career there.

I wouldn't be too worried about Vontae, although getting depth is always a good thing. 

Funny that you mention that. Avery and Hilton were #1 and #2 in dropped pass % and the 3rd and 4th were both Raiders receivers.

1. Avery was always garbage

2. Hilton was a rookie. And while that's not really an excuse, I'll admit that he did drop many passes. But when it came time for a clutch/big play, he made it if Reggie didn't. Like that 3rd & forever vs the Texans

DHB started to come along and was probably one of the few bright spots on that team offensively. He has very similar qualities to pierce garçon . Drops and injuries are a bit of concern but that is why his deal is what it is. Let him prove himself and reap the benefits

1. Avery was always garbage

2. Hilton was a rookie. And while that's not really an excuse, I'll admit that he did drop many passes. But when it came time for a clutch/big play, he made it if Reggie didn't. Like that 3rd & forever vs the Texans

Right, I was just pointing out that you were right about the part about Raider's receivers having bad hands.

For those worried about DHB and his hands.

Donnie Avery had the worst drop rate last year (along with TY) and everyone seemed pretty happy with him. 

DHB will obviously drop some passes, but his hands aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I mean, anything better than the worst drop rate in the league, is technically better than Donnie's drop rate. He's better in that regard. 

Right, I was just pointing out that you were right about the part about Raider's receivers having bad hands.

Well, that's all I'm saying. Like I said, I'd LOVE for him to prove me wrong. I'll make a status on here apologizing for doubting him & admit I'm wrong if he comes here & becomes a huge success

For those worried about DHB and his hands.

Donnie Avery had the worst drop rate last year (along with TY) and everyone seemed pretty happy with him.

DHB will obviously drop some passes, but his hands aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I mean, anything better than the worst drop rate in the league, is technically better than Donnie's drop rate. He's better in that regard.

I was happy with TY, not Avery.

I released Avery in madden way before we released him in reality

He did, but he did drop the same amount as DHB...   5.    They were both tied for 20th in the AFC in drops...     Wayne 8,  Avery 7

TY has "no hands"? Didn't he lead all the Rookie WR's in most of the categories? I believe someone put that on the forum earlier

Yep lol and he is a bigger back that's strong we have to good backs with a better o line with our WRs we will be a good offense

We'll be the Stanford offense that Luck wanted. He just had a good oline, run game, & TE's at Stanford.

Now, he could have it all :D lol

Since vontae and toler have health issues I see us drafting a corner or a wide reciever

I agree with this signing I want us to draft CB Desmond Trufant more than ever. I dont think Rhodes will be available.

We can still get a WR for the future in Quinton Patton in the 3rd. We've already shown interest in Patton.