Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If DHB signs...

MrNLM

We are getting a former 1st rounder(again this year) and I think that is a sign that the Colts pass on a WR at the #24 pick.

What I want to know is this... does this open the door for the Colts to find that RB to keep teams honest? Not at the #24 spot of course but, maybe we move up after our #24 pick just a little bit.

We are going up against the NFC West... home to some of the best defenses and run games in the league. I see the Colts trying to match up our D with them right now but, what about the run game?

Ballard, Brown, and Carter just don't do it for me as we try to go to a power run game.

Who thinks we need someone to redefine us as a running team?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who really knows who we pick? And IMHO I'm loving it!! Never had I felt this good about our team going into the draft. We literally can pick bpa and draft strictly for the future. We are not strapped with hideous contracts where we have to depend on a bunch of rookies and udfa to come in and make impacts. Loving it!

Mike Chapelle of the Star said on Twitter that it will likely be a one year signing if it happens. So I don't really think this changes anything. I think Grigson's goal all along has been to plug holes so we don't need to reach for anyone this year. GM's preach BPA all the time, but the best GM's are the ones who continually put their teams in a position that they can actually stay true to their draft board and not have to reach out of desperation.

We need a NT/DT imo. I know we signed a couple of guys,but their up there in age. We need a guy behind them, I know we have Chapman but we still need that hole clogger. I've been saying it for years and years. We get a NT and attack base off our speed and we have a top 5 defense.

i keep hearing people say trade the 24th spot.  what do you think we would gt for it. if  a higher 2nd round pick and 1 or 2 others i'd say yeah.  i think drafting a great running back would be nice,  but i think with a good oline we're finally going to see our running game shine.  if anything in the draft i'd like to see us go bpa in the draft if we sign him.  hopefully there's another freeny in the first round available.

I really think Cooper or Warmack is going to drop. I just can't imagine most of the teams ahead of us using their 1 on a guard. Especially not both guards. Jets and Chargers need a lot more than a guard. But maybe the Chargers take 1 to replace Vasquez. After that, who else?

Still need another corner. Toler is good but I can't put all my eggs in that basket, and I don't like the fact that Vaughn is one injury away from seeing significant playing time again. So I say CB is the way to go for me(Rhodes,Trufant, Banks in that order) or Datone Jones to back up Redding instead of Ricardo Mathews

Mike Chapelle of the Star said on Twitter that it will likely be a one year signing if it happens.

That's because it will just be a "tryout" deal for him. If the results are favorable it will lead the way for a bigger, longer deal.

We're signing him hoping it turns into a long-term deal, which would give us no need to go WR at 24.

Drafting a WR at 24 this year would be like when we drafted Hughes. Drafting a 1st rounder with no real chance to start for the next few years. It just wouldn't make sense.

i keep hearing people say trade the 24th spot.  what do you think we would gt for it. if  a higher 2nd round pick and 1 or 2 others i'd say yeah.  i think drafting a great running back would be nice,  but i think with a good oline we're finally going to see our running game shine.  if anything in the draft i'd like to see us go bpa in the draft if we sign him.  hopefully there's another freeny in the first round available.

Future picks. We might be able to pull a future 1 out of it from a contender team that expects to pick 25th or after in 2014. I certainly think we could get a 2014 2nd and more out of it.

This just isn't an amazing draft class, so I don't think it would hurt us to get out of the spot.

Can never have enough pass rushers. With our team gearing up to stop the run I would think we want fresh pass rushers all game long. If we trade something and get into the second round I would be happy with many possible draftees... having said that would RB be one of them? Does anyone see someone like Montee Ball being there in the 3rd round? I think this guy could be a great asset paired up with Ballard. I just don;t know enough about college players... I rely on all the hoopla right before the draft to get psyched about players.

I really think Cooper or Warmack is going to drop. I just can't imagine most of the teams ahead of us using their 1 on a guard. Especially not both guards. Jets and Chargers need a lot more than a guard. But maybe the Chargers take 1 to replace Vasquez. After that, who else?

Not convinced the chargers will select a guard that high. If Lane Johnson is there that would seem to be the logical choice.

We need a NT/DT imo. I know we signed a couple of guys,but their up there in age. We need a guy behind them, I know we have Chapman but we still need that hole clogger. I've been saying it for years and years. We get a NT and attack base off our speed and we have a top 5 defense.

If you don't think Chapman is a hole clogger, what is he?

true that he has bad hands, but he catches the ball with his body than his hands, but maybe working with a vet like wayne can help him with that problem, and plus he wouldnt be asked to be a #1, i think he would be a good addition to this team, sign him to a 2 year deal and if he doesnt work out the first year, we can cut him next year, the raiders arent called a black hole for nothing, talent goes there and get lost!!!

I think we should see if chapman is the hole clogger ur talking about, before we get another NT.

I think we should see if chapman is the hole clogger ur talking about, before we get another NT.

exactly!!! we will like chapman, hes gonna be a beast, and with him coming back, its like getting a 2nd rounder this year for a player who was picked late last year due to injuries, hes a huge man with quick feet, i watched him on colts insider on chan 6 the other night, he seemed nervous,sweating alot, but he seems like a good dude

We currently have 5 guys on the roster who can play NT. Franklin, Chapman, McKinney, Teveseu, and Heard. There is no way were picking a NT with anything higher than a 5th rd. pick. Truthfully, we won't get anybody there that is any better than we have already. We'll probably only keep 3 at the very most anyways so picking another one is beyond redundant and wasteful of a pick.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, March 26, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Superman, March 26, 2013 - No reason given

exactly!!! we will like chapman, hes gonna be a beast, and with him coming back, its like getting a 2nd rounder this year for a player who was picked late last year due to injuries, hes a huge man with quick feet, i watched him on colts insider on chan 6 the other night, he seemed nervous,sweating alot, but he seems like a good dude

delete

no way we will ever select a guard with a pick in the first 4rounds, u can get a slower Tackle and move him over to guard and u can get that in the 6th, 7th or UDFA

What??? That's the Bill Polian philosophy and quite frankly, the reason why our line has been terrible for a long time. I would bet the house that if Warmack or Cooper were still available when we pick, we'll grab one of them. 

If we we're gonna take a HB I would prefer LeVeon Bell. I hope we get either a CB,OLB, or WR. We need another CB because were one injury away from Cassius starting again. We need another OLB becuase they plan on having a rotation of Walden and Hughes and we all know what Hughes is like when starting and I'm not comfortable with that being our #1 option. We definately need another WR because even if we got DHB, he's an upside player so you can't sign him expecting anything. You hope but you can't expect. That would leave us with Reggie and TY but after that nothing. I don't wanna hear this Griff Whalen talk of "He can start" either, He did well against third stringers. We really have some bias expectations if we're comfortable with Whalen starting.

no way we will ever select a guard with a pick in the first 4rounds, u can get a slower Tackle and move him over to guard and u can get that in the 6th, 7th or UDFA

why would do that? guard is one of weak spots. i also mentioned getting a pass rusher