Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFT mock Draft

coltsdan

no way the best wr in the draft falls to us

I don't think it's clear that he's the best WR in this draft,  by a long shot.

He's played a grand total of one full year at a major college.    He had two years in a JC before that.

That's it.

Some teams may think he's the best...   but I don't think it's obvious that that is a consensus, or unanimous view....

okay so I went back through, and although I don't like geno, I don't like a lot of qbs in this draft, or any, I don't think he lasts that long. but given that, would you take Rhodes, Jenkins, or Patterson?

John Jenkins? I pray every night we don't take him.

I sure hope not.. I really think Patterson will be a bust.  Poor route runner, avg hands.  He is a big play guy but deff not the guy you want to throw to when you need a big first down.  Seeing how Reggie will be retiring before long I think a WR more along his style.. reliable/great hands good route runner is more important.  If you can add anything more to that ( quickness, leaper etc ) then all the better.

It's bad, but after Luck and RG3, I don't think Kiper, Mayock, or McShay had one teams pick right the rest of the draft last year.

So, if they're clueless, who's to say what's right?

Well....   first, I think they all did better than you think they did....   but, for argument's sake,  let's say you're right...

Here's the difference...

If they didn't have the specific player going to the specific team,  they at least had the player going roughly in the proper area of the round they belong.     So,  they had Richardson and Kalil and Clairborne and others in the top-5 and 10 and so on...

But this mock?    This mock is all over the map.   With the largest number of players no where near where they belong that I've seen...     and given that it's late in the process,  I can't understand that.    It's as if they put names in a hat and pulled them out blind-folded....     that's what this feels like....

Just lots and lots and lots of complete nonsense...

I'm not knocking the person who linked it....   I'm just shocked that it came from Pro Football Talk.

Worst I've seen.....  by far....        :omg:       :eek:      -omg-     :beg:      :loco:

Mike Florio is an * who takes himself way too seriously.  I'll take Patterson at 24.  If we are going to go West Coast, we'll need a big WR who can still run the crossing routes and take the occasional pop.

That made me laugh. Some of the highlights:

Jordan to Chiefs at 1

Trufant to Lions at 5

Barkley to Bills at 8

Milliner to Jets at 9 (and the 2nd CB picked)

Fisher dropping to Chargers at 11

Smith falling to Vikings at 23

That mock is wacked.  Trufant going 5th overall, four spots ahead of Milliner?  Not!  Patterson falling to the Colts is implausible.  Even if he somehow slides out of the top 20, there is no way he gets past Minnesota at pick #23.   The Vikings traded away Percy Harvin and are in desperate need of a good receiver to replace him.  Besides, if by some small miracle the Colts get to choose between Patterson or Rhodes, I'd take Rhodes.  Why?  Tall, fast, physical man cover corners are much harder to find than tall, fast, physical receivers. 

I truly believe we need Wayne's replacement in this draft, and at pick 24 we should take deAndre Hopkins. If you dont think he's worth that pick, look at his game tape on youtube and tell me you arent blown away. Even against tough competition, nothing stopped him from getting open and making plays. Precise route running, good release, amazing hands, solid size. HE HAD 18 tds last season!!

It would be a no-brainer for me, especially if Rhodes falls that far. WR, to me, this year just isn't a first round position. Physical corners like Rhodes are. Davis, Toler, Rhodes, Bethea, and Landry would probably be the most physical secondary in the league with Seattle. I'd gladly take that over ANY WR this year.

I truly believe we need Wayne's replacement in this draft, and at pick 24 we should take deAndre Hopkins. If you dont think he's worth that pick, look at his game tape on youtube and tell me you arent blown away. Even against tough competition, nothing stopped him from getting open and making plays. Precise route running, good release, amazing hands, solid size. HE HAD 18 tds last season!!

It isn't hard to get 45 seconds of a players plays put together to make them look good

That made me laugh. Some of the highlights:

Jordan to Chiefs at 1

Trufant to Lions at 5

Barkley to Bills at 8

Milliner to Jets at 9 (and the 2nd CB picked)

Fisher dropping to Chargers at 11

Smith falling to Vikings at 23

Only if Al Davis was still alive.....lol

There is no question he can make plays. This is going to sound weird (and I am not quite sure how to explain it properly). His athleticism bothers me......and I am not saying he lacks athleticism. It is almost an awkward athleticism instead of fluid. He runs very up-right and his movements are oddly abrupt. I guess the best way I can describe......exactly the opposite type of athleticism of a Paul George, Lebron James, or even Reggie Wayne for that matter. I am done rambling....just an observation.....the kid can make plays. 

It's bad, but after Luck and RG3, I don't think Kiper, Mayock, or McShay had one teams pick right the rest of the draft last year.

So, if they're clueless, who's to say what's right?

Last year me and a buddy who watched the draft together were trying to predict pick by pick. I beat him by 1 in round 1. I think it was 7-6. The first two I obviously got. I called Chandler Jones to the Pats, Kirkpatrick to the Bengals, and I don't remember what else.

1- That mock is terrible

2- While I understand we need a WR to replace Reggie at some point I think our first round draft plan has to be BPA within the defensive group or O-line group. If Tavon Austin were there somehow I could see it, except he's a similar size to T.Y. We don't want to be too small in general.

I like CB Desmond Trufant, DL Johnathan Hankins, C/G Barrett Jones, or OLB/DE Alex Okafor (depends what the brass thinks on Okafor). With the signings of Toler and Landry we could potentially ignore the DB spot in round 1, but if the talent is there, we'll see. Trufant and Matt Elam are talented players worth a look.

Another poster made a good point. Cordarrelle Patterson is a big risk in the first round. He's had one year at a major school. I'd rather avoid that risk. Especially with needs all over the defensive side of the ball.

BPA first round at a position of need and I can see quite a few players being around at 24

1.Damontre Moore

2.Bjoern Werner

3.Alex Okafor

4.Larry Warford

5.Jonathan Cooper

6.Xavier Rhodes

7.Cornellius Carradine

8.Jarvis Jones

I would love for any one of those players to be a Colt in the 1st round