Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coltstrong right here

Warhorse

Since before the combine, there has been a great deal of discussion about FA's. We have all witnessed the abundance of threads that popped up seemingly every time a player was released. Some may have been because there was legitimate signing potential, some may have simply been used as an opportunity for posters to create a thread (a hard thing to do in the offseason with limited information).

The result has been the creation of a great deal of tension, which has been fueled by speculation through the media and outspoken fans. A lot of this is common, somewhat expected, and will likely occur again. When the Colts next face the Ravens, someone will just have to make a comment about the Colts leaving Baltimore, and then someone will have to kick it up a notch by responding, and then a thread will be derailed and eventually closed.

What I would like to suggest, not as a moderator, but as just another poster on this board, is that we try to support one another as Colts fans and use this forum as a gathering from which our fan base is strengthened, not divided.

It is well documented that:

Some like our owners open sharing of possibilities and events regarding the Colts which he expresses in a manner unique to him and unlike any other NFL owner. Some do not.

Some like our new GM's aggressive approach to FA which is vastly different that the former regime. Some do not.

Some prefer to move on from former Colt players by celebrating them yet embracing the new. Some move on by putting them down. Some prefer to idolize them. Some don't care.

This list could go on and on, but the thing I would hope to see, is for fans to not use every thread where there is an opportunity..... to restate your same stance on a dissenting position to the point of arguing. An example would be the current disagreement on the values of any particular FA. If you don't like what we paid for a LB from Green Bay, make your stance on it and move on. Or maybe another thread that is different comes up and you want to make your point again. Cool. Just please don't use every chance you can to pound the point home in thread after thread. Use the like buttons when someone else mirrors your view as they are expressing their point for the first time. Or if you feel that strong about it, make it your signature.

Again, this is just a suggestion as a fan, not as a mod. I would hope we can strengthen each other...this is the peoplehood of the Colts.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I love this forum, all of you are like a 2nd family to me (hince why I usually say Colts family).

But when it gets all hostile & tension filled on here, it just kinda ruins my fun & experience. Really hope we all can come back closer together as the family we really are. Cheering our Colts on like the loyal fans we are.

Love you guys Colts Family :D

Sincerely,

TK aka Johnny Apple Juice haha

:colts:

Yeah, I really hate seeing people fight so much on here. I like just about everyone, so I try to avoid getting involved when I see a couple people going at it, but it all just seems so senseless.

Too many people getting into a urinating match with one another....We heard you the first time!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I love this forum, all of you are like a 2nd family to me (hince why I usually say Colts family).

But when it gets all hostile & tension filled on here, it just kinda ruins my fun & experience. Really hope we all can come back closer together as the family we really are. Cheering our Colts on like the loyal fans we are.

Love you guys Colts Family :D

Sincerely,

TK aka Johnny Apple Juice haha

:colts:

Just so I feel like we are more of a family here, what do you think of apple cider?

Sounds a little like Ruksak's peace initiative last year. Very well said Warhorse. I know I can get entrenched in my own opinions sometimes (can I mention Ramses Barden just one more time...), so it's good to get a little nudge towards civility.

Thank you for the reminder, and very similar to Ruksak's peace movement before.  It's good to be reminded, both sides of the coin.  Most debates don't seem to be personal or an attack, so a debate is good when those show their work in support of their viewpoint, rather than just accept everything face value.  Sarcastic one liners and backhanded compliments aren't conducive to the end of a debate/discussion though.  But we should all remember, we do all support this team in the end, and after the discussion appears played out is to drop it and move on without any belittling from either side.

I hope people take heed in what your saying.Most of the reasons you pointed out are reasons I quit posting on here for almost a year.If I want to read post where people argue with other posters I can go to NFL or ESPN. I expect more from COLTS fans.

Thx warhawk I needed to read that. It's not in my blood to take it on the chin. When attacked I come out swinging and read to go for the kill shot. I know this is a forum and you always have those guys who love to start crap and I'll try to do a better job myself not throwing fuel to the fire ;)

Since before the combine, there has been a great deal of discussion about FA's. We have all witnessed the abundance of threads that popped up seemingly every time a player was released. Some may have been because there was legitimate signing potential, some may have simply been used as an opportunity for posters to create a thread (a hard thing to do in the offseason with limited information).

The result has been the creation of a great deal of tension, which has been fueled by speculation through the media and outspoken fans. A lot of this is common, somewhat expected, and will likely occur again. When the Colts next face the Ravens, someone will just have to make a comment about the Colts leaving Baltimore, and then someone will have to kick it up a notch by responding, and then a thread will be derailed and eventually closed.

What I would like to suggest, not as a moderator, but as just another poster on this board, is that we try to support one another as Colts fans and use this forum as a gathering from which our fan base is strengthened, not divided.

It is well documented that:

Some like our owners open sharing of possibilities and events regarding the Colts which he expresses in a manner unique to him and unlike any other NFL owner. Some do not.

Some like our new GM's aggressive approach to FA which is vastly different that the former regime. Some do not.

Some prefer to move on from former Colt players by celebrating them yet embracing the new. Some move on by putting them down. Some prefer to idolize them. Some don't care.

This list could go on and on, but the thing I would hope to see, is for fans to not use every thread where there is an opportunity..... to restate your same stance on a dissenting position to the point of arguing. An example would be the current disagreement on the values of any particular FA. If you don't like what we paid for a LB from Green Bay, make your stance on it and move on. Or maybe another thread that is different comes up and you want to make your point again. Cool. Just please don't use every chance you can to pound the point home in thread after thread. Use the like buttons when someone else mirrors your view as they are expressing their point for the first time. Or if you feel that strong about it, make it your signature.

Again, this is just a suggestion as a fan, not as a mod. I would hope we can strengthen each other...this is the peoplehood of the Colts.

Blow it out your Pie Hole Warhorse! :Yikes:

Thx warhawk I needed to read that. It's not in my blood to take it on the chin. When attacked I come out swinging and read to go for the kill shot. I know this is a forum and you always have those guys who love to start crap and I'll try to do a better job myself not throwing fuel to the fire ;)

Err, warhorse! Sorry!

Exactly.

But that is what forums are exciting for, people having different opinions about things.

I do think some people have taken stuff way too seriously, but in the end, that is why I come on the forum. Mostly to catch up on news and seeing a couple posters verbally debate, well.