Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst Colts Free Agent Signings Of All Time.

Dark Superman

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who was the qb we gave top dollar to from tampa bay in '95 who was supposed to start in front of harbaugh

i remember the guy had a great game against us the year previous. but he was horrible here because he was a statue behind our pourous oline 

the fact he was paid handsomely and i can't remember his name is all you need to know

who was the qb we gave top dollar to from tampa bay in '95 who was supposed to start in front of harbaugh

i remember the guy had a great game against us the year previous. but he was horrible here because he was a statue behind our pourous oline 

the fact he was paid handsomely and i can't remember his name is all you need to know

Craig Erickson?

Craig Erickson

He got beat out by Jim Harbaugh

No, I'm not talking about this years additions!

Who do you guys remember as being a "bust" or a horrible free agent addition to the Colts who never panned out?

I will give you mine.

Simeon Rice! Dude looked like Rich Eisen trying to get the QB..

He played in 2 games for us and had a sack in 1 of them

As others have said it was Erikson but he was a trade I believe not a free agent signing. 

I have to go with Cory Simon.  He had a really good 2005 for us but really hurt us going forward namely with all his dead cap space we carried for years. Ismail is up there too although he never hurt us.  He just didn't really do anything for us the whole time he was here. 

Real close for me between Baskett / Collins

However, Worst player we ever drafted? Curtis Painter. Hands down.

Not sure if you are joking or not but Jeff George set this franchise back till the time Harbaugh came in that hurt us more than Painter did and that was the top overall pick rather than a late sixth rounder who really had no expectations to do great things when he was drafted.