Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wes Welker Going to Broncos

Andy

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots to be done before the crowning Quiz.....many things can happen...and there is a team in SF with just way to many draft picks to go with the talent they have....and dare I say it....the Zone Read offense is not figured out as yet.... :)

And don't forget the Pats. I mean I fully expect Brady to turn Shane Vareen into the next Welker only faster and bigger. lol!

Now who does Brady throw to? haha

They better hope they get Amendola and he stays healthy.

We all know Gronk will pull his disappearing act come January. 

He does a great dance at local clubs.....throw him another round  :spit: Watch out for the hammy...Gronk-o-matic! rotflmao

gronk.jpg

Lots to be done before the crowning Quiz.....many things can happen...and there is a team in SF with just way to many draft picks to go with the talent they have....and dare I say it....the Zone Read offense is not figured out as yet....:)

There's that team down in Houston that they should be concerned about too...haha

Idk Looked fine to me. Well except that last throw, that was terrible.

regardless the broncos need to build that defense. you would think elway would have learned from polian to not just give peyton weapons

Peyton:  "Wes, run a skinny post"

Wes:      "I can't."

Peyton:  "Why not?"

Wes:      "Because it's more than 5 yards and I'm not allowed to run routes more than 5 yards"

Peyton:  "I'm your QB now.  You just do what I say.  Bill can't hurt you anymore"

Wes:      "I love you, Peyton.  Can we have pizza after our workout?"

Peyton:  "No, I have 7 commercials I have to tape.  You sleep in the building tonight and I'll meet you in the morning before practice"

regardless the broncos need to build that defense. you would think elway would have learned from polian to not just give peyton weapons

The Broncos had the #1 defense in the league last year. The playoff game was an anomaly.

@tomecurran: Spoke to someone close to Brady. Beyond enraged at details that netted Broncos Wes Welker. "Disgrace" "disservice" used

I'm sure he took that pay cut thinking they would be able to afford Welker with what they saved. Pats front office really screwed Brady over on this.

I'm sure he took that pay cut thinking they would be able to afford Welker with what they saved. Pats front office really screwed Brady over on this.

Unless they pick up Jennings, Reed, pieces that could be used to help him get one more ring. Then he'll thank them lol

Unless they pick up Jennings, Reed, pieces that could be used to help him get one more ring. Then he'll thank them lol

Lol I'm not sure even they can afford Jennings, he was offered a $10 mill a year contract from Green Bay.

And it seems that Reed might sign with Houston. If he signs there you won't have to worry about TY burning all of your corners again. haha

Lol I'm not sure even they can afford Jennings, he was offered a $10 mill a year contract from Green Bay.

And it seems that Reed might sign with Houston. If he signs there you won't have to worry about TY burning all of your corners again. haha

Forget my previous comment, and Brady's feelings. Come to Houston Reed!!! We need you haha

Luck is this coming seasons MVP.....    

Indy is going to be hard to hand on O.      And as great as Denver looks, Manning is one year older and his arm is just not the same.

I'm kinda hoping for Jennings signing right now.   Indy was rumored to be "in the hunt"  for Welker?   Soooooo    are they looking?

Fat chance.

Arian Foster or Ray Rice are going to win MVP this year, just wait and see.

Peyton might win SB though, that might be all he cares right now.

Luck is this coming seasons MVP.....    

Indy is going to be hard to hand on O.      And as great as Denver looks, Manning is one year older and his arm is just not the same.

I'm kinda hoping for Jennings signing right now.   Indy was rumored to be "in the hunt"  for Welker?   Soooooo    are they looking?

I'm not trying to send this off-topic but Manning's arm should actually be better next year.

We despise Jerry Jones because he plays GM but Pats fans should realize Belichick has not been the greatest GM either after Pioli left. How many draft picks have they had over these years? What has Belichick really done to upgrade their D since he has been GM?

Belichick should just coach and let Kraft hire a GM, IMO. Calling a spade a spade.

I am reminded of this article a year ago and it made me laugh: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1113287-bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-gm-is-quietly-crushing-free-agency

We despise Jerry Jones because he plays GM but Pats fans should realize Belichick has not been the greatest GM either after Pioli left. How many draft picks have they had over these years? What has Belichick really done to upgrade their D since he has been GM?

Belichick should just coach and let Kraft hire a GM, IMO. Calling a spade a spade.

I am reminded of this article and it made me laugh: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1113287-bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-gm-is-quietly-crushing-free-agency

Totally agree. He doesn't have a good track record as a GM at all. Doubt that he gives up control though. I'm sure Pioli would love to be back in New England.

Totally agree. He doesn't have a good track record as a GM at all. Doubt that he gives up control though. I'm sure Pioli would love to be back in New England.

Belichick should know when the ship is sinking, otherwise he will end up like Mike Shanahan did in Denver.

Old Quarterback and aging receiver. Elway taking shortcuts like he did when he was drafted and wouldn't go to the Colts. I loved seeing that smirk wiped off his face after Jacoby Jones caught that bomb ! By the way Mrs Welker, Ray Lewis says goodbye.

Your just bitter... here, have a prune.

I don't understand why so many of you think the Broncos (even before acquiring Welker) aren't a team to contend with. If I recall correctly, they are currently tied for 2 for odds of winning SB next year. I'm doing this on my phone so I won't check. Odds makers and odds obviously aren't always right, but there's a lot of data crunched to realize those numbers/odds. Regardless of what anyone here thinks, according to Vegas, they're a real SB contender.

91 and am are like two little best buds. the fact that they always agree tells me all i need to know about their posts.

This is a STEAL and perfect fit for Wes and Peyton. Stokely couldn't get separation and it was clear they needed a faster slot receiver. 6mil a yr for 2 yrs is amazing. I would have taken Wes for that price here and don't act like we all wouldn't have agreed. He wasn't exactly my #1 FA target but at that price he will earn that contract!!

I'm worried about their LBs there and what they will do with RB but a veteren that can run between the tackles and a LB that can turn and run in coverage and perhaps one of the many solid FA cbs and this team looks like a solid SB contender...even better than last year.

Like I said....making a run at it....they got 3 yrs tops and no reason not to go for broke...why else bring Peyton in? That's like signing Kobe and then just filling in with some avg talent....its pointless...of course this could all backfire but the fans can't complain they didn't go all in.

its still worth noting. the broncos were 2-3 at that point until the schedule got easier.

Worst argument when someone says...easy schedule. How does one team control that. You play who is in front of you.

Heck...when the Colts win it all..and if they played a bunch of crappy teams.....so what does it matter.

Worst argument when someone says...easy schedule. How does one team control that. You play who is in front of you.

Heck...when the Colts win it all..and if they played a bunch of crappy teams.....so what does it matter.

The only playoff team they beat in the regular season was the Ravens. A lot of people believed that they would be out after a single game in the playoffs because they were simply beating inferior teams and...sure enough...they were out. I think the word a lot of people would use is "overrated" but we'll see if they can win in the playoffs next year.