Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wes Welker Going to Broncos

Andy

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a two year deal too. Patriots must've not wanted him at all.

More like he didn't want the Pats. Their deal was for more than that. It's ok. Time to move on to the real FA's -pollard, reed, freeney, talib. More money for the D. Psyched to see what they do.

Well the Broncos have been blatant about going for a SB at all costs, they aren't thinking about the future at all they just want to win now with Manning. This one hurts, I wanted him to go to an NFC team or a team like Houston. Broncos easily have the best receiving corpse in the entire league now, its not even close. If their defense plays as well as it did last year, they'll be favorites to win the Super Bowl.

Only a two year deal too. Patriots must've not wanted him at all.

Wow, that's perfect for the Broncos. When Welker's contract is up, they'll have to sign Miller and Thomas. Could have been a problem if it was a longer deal for Welker.

Well the Broncos have been blatant about going for a SB at all costs, they aren't thinking about the future at all they just want to win now with Manning. This one hurts, I wanted him to go to an NFC team or a team like Houston. Broncos easily have the best receiving corpse in the entire league now, its not even close. If their defense plays as well as it did last year, they'll be favorites to win the Super Bowl.

I agree. But niners and hawks are favorite for SB...

It's not close? Atlanta?

I don't get the deal with win later? Worry about the future when it gets here. Do all you can to win next season.

I don't get the deal with win later? Worry about the future when it gets here. Do all you can to win next season.

Wes Welker lands a two-year, $12 million deal from the Broncos. Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker. Have fun, Peyton.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/3/13/4100276/broncos-free-agency-wes-welker-patriots

Supposedly Pats refused to match it , NFL Network says

u know its a TV game Denver at Pats & Denver @ Colts

Media will go crazy

============================================================================

Walter Football

says

Wes Welker, WR, Patriots. Age: 32. star.gifstar.gifstar.gif 

Signed with Broncos 

Wes Welker produces like crazy fantasy numbers, but he's also one of the league's most overrated players. There's a reason why the Patriots wouldn't show him the money. He drops lots of passes and is arguably a product of the system. He's also about to enter his mid-30s. Still, he's a highly effective slot receiver

scroll to # 5 

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2013WR.php

Hes back in New England , has to fly back to Denver for physical

Wes Welker lands a two-year, $12 million deal from the Broncos. Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker. Have fun, Peyton.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/3/13/4100276/broncos-free-agency-wes-welker-patriots

Supposedly Pats refused to match it , NFL Network says

u know its a TV game Denver at Pats & Denver @ Colts

Media will go crazy

Walter Football

says

Wes Welker, WR, Patriots. Age: 32. star.gifstar.gifstar.gif 

Signed with Broncos 

Wes Welker produces like crazy fantasy numbers, but he's also one of the league's most overrated players. There's a reason why the Patriots wouldn't show him the money. He drops lots of passes and is arguably a product of the system. He's also about to enter his mid-30s. Still, he's a highly effective slot receiver

scroll to # 5 

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2013WR.php

Hes back in New England , has to fly back to Denver for physical

Interesting stuff.  I mean there is a reason they were phasing him out last year. I think he will do fine in Denver. he won't get 100 catches but will do well.

Interesting stuff.  I mean there is a reason they were phasing him out last year. I think he will do fine in Denver. he won't get 100 catches but will do well.

agree & I am sure thgeres a plan B, I once posted amendola will be targeted by pats ,

wont be 100 , Ball will be spread , stil need RB & Doom to sign

Actually Steve Jackson for 2 years may have made more sense

i just dont get it. people are already crowning the broncos champs and i dont know why

agree

U still need a Defense, a RB , Doom aint signed and still far apart , CB, MID , pass rushing DT to compliment DL etc for a complete team

Great offense & no D is why Colts lost in playoffs, Thats not the image u want

Anyway I have to go, have a good night

Great defense, great receiving core, great O-line, great QB, great special teams, ect.

great defense? you might want to go back and watch the playoffs. and how long you think peyton can be peyton. his arm is getting weaker.

great defense? you might want to go back and watch the playoffs. and how long you think peyton can be peyton. his arm is getting weaker.

Tom Brady threw 1 TD and 2 INTs in the AFC Championship. Guess that makes him a terrible QB? 

Tom Brady threw 1 TD and 2 INTs in the AFC Championship. Guess that makes him a terrible QB? 

what does that have to do with peyton? go back and watch and you'll see there was zero zip on the ball and he threw a number of ducks.

what does that have to do with peyton? go back and watch and you'll see there was zero zip on the ball and he threw a number of ducks.

It has nothing to do with Peyton. It has to do you with you judging the quality of the defense off of one game.

And Peyton's arm looked fine to me. He's always throws ducks like that. Almost all of his passes are wobbly. I don't remember seeing one underthrow.

If you want to crown them, crown them!!! But you play to win the game. :) No but seriously, not expecting them to win it all.

Lots to be done before the crowning Quiz.....many things can happen...and there is a team in SF with just way to many draft picks to go with the talent they have....and dare I say it....the Zone Read offense is not figured out as yet....:)

It has nothing to do with Peyton. It has to do you with you judging the quality of the defense off of one game.

And Peyton's arm looked fine to me. He's always throws ducks like that. Almost all of his passes are wobbly. I don't remember seeing one underthrow.

not that many ducks. its obviously peyton struggled to throw in the cold. the ball came out like 9 year old girl threw it. no offense peyton haha.