Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Now with free agents Signed what do the Colts do in the draft?/My hopes for the draft after free agency. (merge)

Right now I would be thrilled if the Colts traded the number 24 pick to either the Cardinals or the bills who would most likely take a quarterback late in the first round.

With right tackle, guard, 2 OLB, 1 CB, and most likely a SS being signed in free agency several holes have been plugged.

Trading back would allow Ryan to add more depth to the Colts defense and offense possibly picking up one more guard, and one more cornerback possibly in the top of the second round.

I think the bills would be very interested in trading up since the recent news of cutting Ryan Fitzpatrick. Plus just look at the Cardinals they've got a game of musical chairs at the quarterback position. Geno Smith and Matt Barkley are looking better and better every day. Here's hoping to them having a great pro day but not good enough to be taken at 7 or at 8. LOL.

I'm curious with the signings that have already happened what do we have left in cap space. Has anyone heard what the number is or a place to find that out??

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely nothing as yet SuperJoe 33!  We are only 24 hours and 50 minutes into FA.  Why do fans think it is all the first three hours?

43 days until the draft....more players will be cut like Bernard Pollard....has Cary Williams signed?  Barwin?  Vollmer?  Cason?  Gohlston?  there is some serious 'stuff' to still be done.....

I feel we have a couple of surprises coming....may be from Raven land....I think Landry is going to sighn out West with SF...I may be wrong.

I am looking forward to the draft...but way too soon...more FA to come!!!   :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :pass:  :pass:  :pass:

Absolutely nothing as yet SuperJoe 33!  We are only 24 hours and 50 minutes into FA.  Why do fans think it is all the first three hours?

43 days until the draft....more players will be cut like Bernard Pollard....has Cary Williams signed?  Barwin?  Vollmer?  Cason?  Gohlston?  there is some serious 'stuff' to still be done.....

I feel we have a couple of surprises coming....may be from Raven land....I think Landry is going to sighn out West with SF...I may be wrong.

I am looking forward to the draft...but way too soon...more FA to come!!!   :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :pass:  :pass:  :pass:

I'm not saying free agency is completely over by any means. However we have signed five guys already. With that you're only going to have 53 guys on the roster. It's not like we're going to go out and sign seven more guys. Then you have to figure in if you're going to draft six or seven guys those guys will be on the 53 man roster as well. You're right there are still big names out there the only other position that I can see the Colts going after right now is Landry at SS. We're not going to sign Vollmer. I highly doubt that were going to get Barwin or carry Williams. We've already signed to OLB plus a DB.

I'm not saying free agency is completely over by any means. However we have signed five guys already. With that you're only going to have 53 guys on the roster. It's not like we're going to go out and sign seven more guys. Then you have to figure in if you're going to draft six or seven guys those guys will be on the 53 man roster as well. You're right there are still big names out there the only other position that I can see the Colts going after right now is Landry at SS. We're not going to sign Vollmer. I highly doubt that were going to get Barwin or carry Williams. We've already signed to OLB plus a DB.

Just bringing up the names some thought would go Day 1.  FA is not even close to over...was my point.  I love reading the pre-FA mocks and then post mocks....I will wait until some of the dust settles to draft....we all have our favs though...:)

90 men is the initial team to take to camp....53 is a long way away...I remember last year where we needed a program!!  :)

I'm hoping that one of 2 things happen. Either a player the 49'ers REALLY love is still on the board and they're willing to give us the Chief's #2 and their #2 pick for out #1 (being that we don't have a #2 this year that would be great, and the Chielfs #2 is the 2ed pick in the second round) OR a guy that is projected to go much much higher falls into our laps.

Just read that Landry signed!!!! 4yr...

1. Trade

2. Warford G, Hopkins WR, Banks CB

3. Bostic LB, Lemonier LB, Watson OT, Slay CB

3. Frederick G, Winters G, Schwenke C/G

4. Geathers NT, Harper WR, Wreh-Wilson CB

6. Evans FS, Thomas SS, Hurst OT, Bell RB

7. Motta SS, Wood RB. Sanders WR...

I would love to see the Colts draft a rush OLB and then trade up into the 2nd round to try and snag Marcus Lattimore.  I know he has a huge question mark in terms of health issues and his knees and everything, but I think hes worth the risk.  He's definitely the most rounded RB in the draft and think he could do wonders for our team.  The later picks you fill guard/WR. 

I would love to see the Colts draft a rush OLB and then trade up into the 2nd round to try and snag Marcus Lattimore.  I know he has a huge question mark in terms of health issues and his knees and everything, but I think hes worth the risk.  He's definitely the most rounded RB in the draft and think he could do wonders for our team.  The later picks you fill guard/WR. 

Worst first post ever!!!

Yes, I'm a jerk

WR to be mentored by Reggie for a few years would be my pick.

I have really hated the idea of a reciever in this draft all season.

But now we've lost Avery I wouldn't mind one in the mid rounds if a decent one falls to us.

But not our 1st.

Id still say either D lne, OLB or S with our 1st.

With out FA signings, I would theoretically like to see WR with the 1st pick. Deandre Hopkins would be my 1st choice.....unfortunately he is kind of boom or bust and I think he is too big a risk with the first pick.

I'm all in on Jesse Williams.

We addressed every need except WR. Wanye is 34, Avery is gone, and T.Y is a great #3 option Luck needs his #1 WR

1.Keenan Allen WR

3. Corey Lemonier DE/OLB

4.Alvin Bailey G

6.Akeem Spence DT

7.Stephan Taylor RB

I really like Keenan Allen if he falls to us.  Maybe try to pick up a guard in the 3rd round.  I would think we should be able to get a decent starting guard in the 3rd round.  

4th round is for depth.

I'd say that Mathis will be fine as the pass rusher.

We still need more than one. How well has Mathis fared in his career without another bookend rusher? Not very well, just look at the Super Bowl in 09. If they double Mathis, who is going to get to the QB?Walden and Hughes haven't proven they can do it consistently thus far in their careers.

The #1 remaining need is to add OL depth IMHO.  Our starters are a pretty good unit now, but we don't have a single bit of quality depth under contract right now.  Sure, we may have some low-level possibilities on the interior of the line (Justin Anderson and Ijalana), but we definitely need to add someone who can come in and start in the event of an injury.  And at OT, we've basically got no notable back-ups signed with the exception of Linkenbach (ugh!).  Hopefully we'll get Justice back or sign some other low level FA to add that OT depth. 

The #1 remaining need is to add OL depth IMHO.  Our starters are a pretty good unit now, but we don't have a single bit of quality depth under contract right now.  Sure, we may have some low-level possibilities on the interior of the line (Justin Anderson and Ijalana), but we definitely need to add someone who can come in and start in the event of an injury.  And at OT, we've basically got no notable back-ups signed with the exception of Linkenbach (ugh!).  Hopefully we'll get Justice back or sign some other low level FA to add that OT depth. 

I'm thinking the run on signing backups will likely happen much later in Free Agency and maybe not until after the draft.  

But I'm sure they will take some time to sign some backups.  I too would like to have Justice back as a backup OT.  I think Linkenbach was ok backing up at guard but he got beat like a drum when trying to play RT.  

I'm thinking the run on signing backups will likely happen much later in Free Agency and maybe not until after the draft.  

But I'm sure they will take some time to sign some backups.  I too would like to have Justice back as a backup OT.  I think Linkenbach was ok backing up at guard but he got beat like a drum when trying to play RT.  

Good post on Link...solid at left guard last year...improved at RT from the year before, but still below avg there.

Jamie Collins

He's the perfect fit for the Colts new 34 D. Adding someone like Collins playmaking ability would instantly add credibility to the D.

Sylvester Williams DL

Colts need a big guy to clog the middle and create havoc for the OLB. If Williams pans out like I think he can then the D would be top 10.

Larry Warford OG

Warford is an animal and would be a great fit for the Colts man blocking scheme. I actually prefer Warford over Warmack and Cooper too.

If Colts choose any of these guys I will be happy

in the draft we trade down to the second round to take robert woods. now i dont follow college football, but last year people were putting this guy as the best wr in the draft and now people are saying he might go in the third. is it only injuries or is there something else and do you think this is a good idea.