Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One More WR?

pmoney1832

I know there has been a lot of mixed views on this subject. Maybe just give this a quick look? Terrell Sinkfield from the Univeristy of Northern Iowa. I follow the Panthers as I am from Iowa and grew up 30 minutes away from the Univeristy, so I have seen him play, has potential I believe. Anyways heres the article................

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=236396

Highlight video can be seen here.....

So I don't know, thoughts??? Late round or possible UDFA?

p.s. I am pretty new here obviously, so if this isn't the right way to go about things let me know thanks.

Within the story that I saw about his supposed 4.19, there was an unnamed scout who said his clock read in the high 4.3's...

Either way,  it's fast enough.

Assuming he checks out in other areas,  I think the kid just earned a draftable grade.   That kind of speed is rare enough to get himself snagged.   The question becomes which round?   How high?   (or low, as the case may be?)

Good luck to him.....   I like rooting for underdogs....

Yeah I have seen him play live and he is lightning.

Why are his stats so pedestrian? He's playing against second tier talent and not setting it on fire.

I'm not putting him down, I know nothing about him. Is it their scheme or is he just unpolished?

So a guy with one career catch is a veteran?

Anyone not in their rookie year is technically considered a veteran, hence the use of the quote marks.

I would much rather target someone with proven production like Cobi Hamilton, of course his hands issue will turn a lot of people in this forum off, but that is a very very coachable problem.

Why are his stats so pedestrian? He's playing against second tier talent and not setting it on fire.

I'm not putting him down, I know nothing about him. Is it their scheme or is he just unpolished?

Reminds me of Stephen Hill from last year's draft. No stats, but tested well and was considered a solid prospect. I don't know anything about Sinkfield's game, but he's obviously very fast and has good size. And now he's on the map.

Reminds me of Stephen Hill from last year's draft. No stats, but tested well and was considered a solid prospect. I don't know anything about Sinkfield's game, but he's obviously very fast and has good size. And now he's on the map.

I bet he's not as fast or as big as Roy Hall!

I brought this up because, I feel that these guys from small schools often go overlooked. When you are talking about small Iowa schools people say whos that?? I was trying to raise awareness and say that this guys has talent. A bit raw? Yes! But he has potential. If given the right scheme and coaching maybe a mike wallace type? Goes and gets the deep ball, can catch the short pass and make things happen, kinda like T.Y, does only taller version of him (thus the mike wallace reference). Im just saying dont forget the no names, afterall where did kurt warner play? UNI. Where did fred jackson play? Coe College from Cedar Rapids. So never know, and like above mentioned he is on the map now. I don't think he will go high or even drafted for that matter but could make a case in camp, and versatility is always a plus!!

I brought this up because, I feel that these guys from small schools often go overlooked. When you are talking about small Iowa schools people say whos that?? I was trying to raise awareness and say that this guys has talent. A bit raw? Yes! But he has potential. If given the right scheme and coaching maybe a mike wallace type? Goes and gets the deep ball, can catch the short pass and make things happen, kinda like T.Y, does only taller version of him (thus the mike wallace reference). Im just saying dont forget the no names, afterall where did kurt warner play? UNI. Where did fred jackson play? Coe College from Cedar Rapids. So never know, and like above mentioned he is on the map now. I don't think he will go high or even drafted for that matter but could make a case in camp, and versatility is always a plus!!

I don't think that is the case for an organization that drafted Pierre Garcon and a fanbase that saw the results.

Why not replace Reggie eventually with the guy that is compared to Reggie.

NFL Comparison Reggie Wayne Bottom Line

A first-team All-WAC pick in 2011 and 2012, Patton accumulated 2,544 yards and 24 touchdowns in his career with the Bulldogs after transferring from Coffeyville Community College. He’s an acrobat along the sideline and a vertical stem threat much, but needs to improve attacking the ball when contested. In his two seasons starting, however, he has showing NFL teams paying close attention that he possesses the hands, route-running skills, and toughness to be a top-64 pick -– and, eventually, a very good starter.