Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens CAP issues could free up Bolden

throwing BBZ

and REED for 1-2 year contracts.

Kruger at 26, a FA maybe worth a 4-5 year conract? PLEASE, Grigs, Pagano KNOW if this is a Good Idea or someone else may be their choice/signable. He sure plays pretty well in this system & hitting his Prime!

If Bolden is Cut, how about giving Bolden 1 yr for $6M maybe 2yrs for $11-12M? He has 1 yr left at $6M.

Offer Reed 1yr $7-8M?

We could Really Elevate our play short term causing No long term CAP problems signing Bolden & Reed.

A NICE Bridge to 2014 FAgency & Draft.

And we would Still have $$$ for a long term investment for a Quality FA O-Lineman, and a few more decent FA`s.

Add in 2-3 Solid Contributing draft picks and we might Bloody more noses next year than many now Expect!!

There is just enough workable MEAT here for me to kinda like the thought of it. :) Go Colts!

and REED for 1-2 year contracts.

Kruger at 26, a FA maybe worth a 4-5 year conract? PLEASE, Grigs, Pagano KNOW if this is a Good Idea or someone else may be their choice/signable. He sure plays pretty well in this system & hitting his Prime!

If Bolden is Cut, how about giving Bolden 1 yr for $6M maybe 2yrs for $11-12M? He has 1 yr left at $6M.

Offer Reed 1yr $7-8M?

We could Really Elevate our play short term causing No long term CAP problems signing Bolden & Reed.

A NICE Bridge to 2014 FAgency & Draft.

And we would Still have $$$ for a long term investment for a Quality FA O-Lineman, and a few more decent FA`s.

Add in 2-3 Solid Contributing draft picks and we might Bloody more noses next year than many now Expect!!

There is just enough workable MEAT here for me to kinda like the thought of it. :) Go Colts!

The Boldin price is about right. The franchise tag price for a FS is a little over 6 mill per year. Ed Reed will get nowhere near 7-8 mill for 1 year. 

Boldin has been virtually invisible for the last few yrs.. Honestly, I forgot he was even in the league anymore till this playoff run. I'm not totally opposed to bringing in Reed for 1 yr., but that would be it. His play has dropped off the last couple of yrs. and it will only get worse. All we would be paying for is the name IMO and a little mentoring to younger players. Probably wouldn't be worth the money he'll want. Oh yeah, in case I didn't make it clear, NO to Boldin. We do not need him at all.

Reed possibly for under 7 Million for 1 year. He has run into injuries the past couple seasons and is wearing down.

Boldin? No, I like our chances with our current receivers who are getting paid less than Boldin would want. Also ultimately I think Hilton & Brazil can be become just as good as Boldin was, in his prime.

Both Boldin and Bowe are in the same boat, they have trouble staying healthy for a full season 

Bowe has only played 16 games twice  and Boldin only 3 times in 10 years in the league, both are talented but chances are pretty good it would cost us an arm and a leg plus we likely would not have them for a full season if history is an indicator (which it isn't always)

Not worth the price tags

Bowe is one inch taller than Boldin, and will want WAYYY more money

we could get 5 years out of bowe. boldin would be like 2. bowe would add a different dimension to our offense. hes sure handed, can compete for deep balls, and would give us another number one. bowe is never had a legit qb to throw him the ball and he still puts up numbers

boldin is another small wr. why would want a another small wr whos gonna be 33 to start the season. if you want a wr bowe would be the better option

Boldin is far from small...he is around 225 and plays much bigger than his his listed height due to his physicality....which has been quite apparent in the playoffs. Not that I want the colts to sign him

Boldin has been virtually invisible for the last few yrs.. Honestly, I forgot he was even in the league anymore till this playoff run. I'm not totally opposed to bringing in Reed for 1 yr., but that would be it. His play has dropped off the last couple of yrs. and it will only get worse. All we would be paying for is the name IMO and a little mentoring to younger players. Probably wouldn't be worth the money he'll want. Oh yeah, in case I didn't make it clear, NO to Boldin. We do not need him at all.

Of course Boldins #`s have been very good and only dropped a little because he plays in a less pass happy Offense compared to AZ. and with a QB who throws at a LOW completion %.

Anquan has put up very solid #`s in the Playoffs 3 of the last four years. Hard to miss.

Based on the Playoff coverage of the last few weeks, I take it that Reed is still quite Feared.

Still a step faster than Zibby and better than Lefeged.

Of course they will be looking League wide and through the draft for talented, cheaper, longer term options.

We actually have some money to burn on 1-2 year contracts as we build the MONSTER thru the draft over the next few years. IMO

redskins burn money. Smart teams spend the money wisely. Giving Bowe 10 mill + isn't smart when we need an entire oline and half a secondary

if he wants more then 10 mil forget it, but dont be talking like we dont have any money to spend on a big name FA. we have money we have the draft. lets build a championship

I'd love to have Anquan Boldin, I've always loved his play and his attitude. The Ravens have never used Boldin well (except in the PO, seemingly). He'd give Luck another great safety net which we lack, outside of Wayne, in the WR department.

Also, ProFootballFocus loves him, he's rated as the 12th best WR in the passing game with a +12.9 in 2012 regular season.