Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore fined $10,500 for wearing socks too low.

Dustin

This is the corporate part of the NFL that I absolutely hate and despite.

It's why some refer to the N-F-L as the No Fun League.

Just a giant corporation run by Old White Men.    And I say that as someone who might be perceived as an Old (55) White Man.

This stuff is just ridiculous....     :facepalm:       :slaphead:     

My guess is that ruler might be the reason he feels the need to be so autocratic...

do kickers get fined for kicking barefoot?

Rodger Goodell does seem more that a little tyrannical in the sock puppet height stipulations requirements. Good question about barefoot kickers. If a kicker got a Nike tattoo on their foot, would that pardon a kicker from a fine since that company is the official NFL sponsor? I'm just curious...

NikeNFL.jpg

NFL sent a memo to Alex Smith in the beginning of the season because he was wearing a SF Giants hat in the podium. 

Threatened to fine him.

$10,500 for socks too low and $10,000 for unnecessary roughness (brady's fine)....

YUP good message NFL....you really do care about your player's safety more than your brand...

On one hand it is insane to fine a person on the positioning of their socks, but one the other hand he was warned.  Gore knew the NFL would fine him and apparently it was worth it.  Craziness on both sides.

His prior fine wasn't a dress code violation. It was him throwing the ball into the stands.

I'm not sure what you are referencing.   The NFL wouldn't have fined him 10,500 without many, many warnings.  I think he chose to ignore them.

They get fined more when they violate the rules for a second time, but it doesn't have to be the same rule that he violates. Essentially when he threw the ball into the stands he was fined about $5,000 and the sock thing was his second violation.

They get fined more when they violate the rules for a second time, but it doesn't have to be the same rule that he violates. Essentially when he threw the ball into the stands he was fined about $5,000 and the sock thing was his second violation.

I didn't know that.  I couldn't find two links that were consistent on how the NFL fines players.

I would have to know a little more about this story before I could pin all the blame on the NFL or Goodell.

1.  When an agreement was reached between the NFL and the NFLPA wasn't the issue of proper dress code addressed and the amount fined for not adhering to the dress code agreed upon?  And, that a second violation of any rule could/would double the amount of a fine?

2.  Was he asked to pull up his socks and refused to do so?  When my children played soccer in high school, a ref looked at them prior to the game.  If their attire did not meet regulations, they were not allowed to play until those regulations were met.  Do they do any pre-game screening like that in the NFL?

Also, those socks were not just a little low.  He was wearing them like they were anklets.

0ad8da096edf2e02270f6a706700705f-4_3_r53

I would have to know a little more about this story before I could pin all the blame on the NFL or Goodell.

1.  When an agreement was reached between the NFL and the NFLPA wasn't the issue of proper dress code addressed and the amount fined for not adhering to the dress code agreed upon?  And, that a second violation of any rule could/would double the amount of a fine?

2.  Was he asked to pull up his socks and refused to do so?  When my children played soccer in high school, a ref looked at them prior to the game.  If their attire did not meet regulations, they were not allowed to play until those regulations were met.  Do they do any pre-game screening like that in the NFL?

Also, those socks were not just a little low.  He was wearing them like they were anklets.

0ad8da096edf2e02270f6a706700705f-4_3_r53

I'll add to this by saying;

These guys are filthy rich. Any fine that wouldn't be seen as obscene by you or I would simply be laughed off by the offending player. If these fines weren't proportional to their income, what we, as fans, would be treated to every Sunday is dozens of professional athletes dressing like hip-hop stars in a rap video. 

I know that some see this as "no fun".....but there must be a line in the sand, so to speak. 

I'll add to this by saying;

These guys are filthy rich. Any fine that wouldn't be seen as obscene by you or I would simply be laughed off by the offending player. If these fines weren't proportional to their income, what we, as fans, would be treated to every Sunday is dozens of professional athletes dressing like hip-hop stars in a rap video. 

I know that some see this as "no fun".....but there must be a line in the sand, so to speak. 

This is easy to fix. Any uniform violations and you are automatically traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars. That would sort it.