Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone think Caldwell's Colt/Peyton knowledge helped BALT win

sb2001

I was just thinking about this. Its really a streach but since we have a while till real football begins again, maybe we can speculate on this.

You're talking about the Denver game, right? Absolutely his knowledge of Peyton's tendencies help. The D still had to execute though.

This loss is on the Denver D.

Anybody else notice Peyton didn't change his snap count the entire game? That was uncharacteristic of him.

Speaking of that, I'm sure the Denver offensive line got a beating after the game, Peyton got Baltimore to jump off-sides 3 times (that I saw, and I didn't watch the entire game), but no one on the line reacted and they were able to jump back before the snap.

peyton manning could have told baltimore exactly what play he was going to run but its up to the defense in stopping it. so i dont think anything that caldwell had to say or knows about peyton had any effect in the game. thats like saying pagano knew how to hurt baltimores defense yet it was more they hurt us.

Peyton was average...   But good Lord.................      give up a  70+ yard TD is .. 

SIGHHHHH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SAD

You're talking about the Denver game, right? Absolutely his knowledge of Peyton's tendencies help. The D still had to execute though.

WOW....    

Denver and CHAMP BAILEY..       totally blew a gasket.

The last play of regulation...     was unacceptable.    Totally a GIFT.

I really feal bad for Manning...       He didn't play the best....  but he played good enough to win.

WOW....    

Denver and CHAMP BAILEY..       totally blew a gasket.

The last play of regulation...     was unacceptable.    Totally a GIFT.

I really feal bad for Manning...       He didn't play the best....  but he played good enough to win.

John are you just watching the game?

Honestly FX...    I  hate the way it went down.

Manning simply cannot catch a break.   

He is snake bitten.  

I love Manning....    but I can honestly say I am glad Luck is here.

I know. I just haven't seen you comment on the game until now. So I maybe thought you finally got the chance to sit down and watch....

Didn't mean to seem as if I was attacking.

Sorry about that.

I dont think the Ravens winning had anything to do with the Caldwell and Peyton connection, Ravens could beat the Broncos regardless, its likely he knew a few things about Peytons tendencies individually though but like others have said, he is the O Coordinator so his plate was full with that, as for the Caldwell haters, I bet ya weren't hating him when he was coaching our team to the SB

I dont think the Ravens winning had anything to do with the Caldwell and Peyton connection, Ravens could beat the Broncos regardless, its likely he knew a few things about Peytons tendencies individually though but like others have said, he is the O Coordinator so his plate was full with that, as for the Caldwell haters, I bet ya weren't hating him when he was coaching our team to the SB

As a matter of fact I was hating on him when he was "coaching" our team to the SB.  Especially when he was way out coached by Payton in the SB.  IMO, we would've gone to the SB that year no matter who was coaching, it sure wasn't the brilliance of Caldwell that got us there.

Without the 14 pts gained by special teams this game wouldn't have even been close.  And not counting the kneel downs the Broncos had 1 scoring drive in their last 8 offensive possessions.  While this D got burned, it can only keep you around so long when your offense isn't/can't put anything together.  A pick 6, fumble, and the INT that ended up losing the game can't be hung on the defense.

He didn't know anything about the team when he was the HC. Now that we've had a scheme change on D and almost a full refresh on the offense, I seriously doubt it. Unless he could predict Clyde's play calling.

To be fair, I think anybody can predict Clyde's playcalling.

Without the 14 pts gained by special teams this game wouldn't have even been close.  And not counting the kneel downs the Broncos had 1 scoring drive in their last 8 offensive possessions.  While this D got burned, it can only keep you around so long when your offense isn't/can't put anything together.  A pick 6, fumble, and the INT that ended up losing the game can't be hung on the defense.

Did we watch the same game? The game Denver had in the bag until their D lost it?

Did we watch the same game? The game Denver had in the bag until their D lost it?

We watched the same game.  If Denver scores on 2 of their last 8 possessions instead of 1 for 8 then the bomb given up by the D doesn't even matter.  But no, they came up lame and didn't do much the whole second half of that game.  You can pin it on the D but the O has to come through too.  And even when the D blows the game you still have a chance to win in OT until the INT happens.

We watched the same game.  If Denver scores on 2 of their last 8 possessions instead of 1 for 8 then the bomb given up by the D doesn't even matter.  But no, they came up lame and didn't do much the whole second half of that game.  You can pin it on the D but the O has to come through too.  And even when the D blows the game you still have a chance to win in OT until the INT happens.

Ifs and buts... Fact is the game was won, no matter how they got there. And the D blew it. They fired their DB coach over it.

Purely in regards to the Colts-Ravens game...

IMO the only kind of knowledge Caldwell could have had that would have explained the loss is if Caldwell knew where our WRs keep their stickum and stole it.

Considering his offensive gameplan was "throw it in the general vicinity of whoever Cassius Vaughn was covering", the fact that Vaughn wasn't with the team last year precludes the idea that Caldwell's personal knowledge of the team was the reason for the game turning out the way it did.